Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Any of you die-hards going to go the distance Saturday?

I've never made it through all four.
    I might do three of the four. Anyone remember what the re-entry rules are? If I can get out, I’d probably watch game 1, then take a break for most of 2 (assuming a non-competitive game), and return for the last two. If I have to stay in the building the entire time, I might just wait until around halftime of game 2.

Comment

I still unfortunately remember the fourth game during Dante and Cobo's senior year.

The whole building (myself included) basically left after IUP beat West Chester.

Then, of course, Fairmont State had Mercyhurst dead in the water, up 5 with 40 seconds left. Naturally the game went to OT and the Lakers won ... and beat IUP in a Round 4 game in Round 2.

IUP had crushed that Fairmont team in Joe Retton that year.

I remember IUPAlum and I talking after Mercyhurst won that nightcap ... We knew it was over.

Mercyhurst not only beat IUP but then beat WL on Tuesday.
      Let’s not forget they should’ve beat NWMSU in the elite 8. If it weren’t for a couple ****ty calls down the stretch, they win and god knows what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

If I were single with no kids, I’d do it. Years down the road when they’re older, if one or both are into basketball and the opportunity arises, I’ll try to talk them into it. Of course by then it’ll be them trying to talk me into it.
        My kid is bugging me to make the drive up (a definite perk of having a kid who is both old enough and also into it), but like one of the Ship posters did this past week, I have a prior work commitment that happens to be scheduled for 10-4 on Saturday. Ugh.

Comment

Don't remind me. That was the year that big Patrick dude went off. I can't remember his last name, but it might as well have been Ewing the way he played in that tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I might do three of the four. Anyone remember what the re-entry rules are? If I can get out, I’d probably watch game 1, then take a break for most of 2 (assuming a non-competitive game), and return for the last two. If I have to stay in the building the entire time, I might just wait until around halftime of game 2.
            Directly from the IUP Website:

Per NCAA regulation, there is absolutely no re-entry.

https://iupathletics.com/news/2023/3...mpionship.aspx
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Officially, re-entry is prohibited.

However, I'm not sure how 'enforced' it actually is.

Like Miller Stadium, there are several ways to enter (and exit) the KCAC. You just need to get a little creative lol.

A lot of people go back and forth to the Hilton bar between or during games since the KCAC isn't allowed to sell alcohol at the Regional. They aren't buying a new ticket each time ... put it that way. The KCAC food is also pretty terrible and the Hilton food is excellent.

Comment

Lady in Red is again the front-runner.
                I don't understand how or why they can't control the music. Who does? Do they have an NCAA rep in the booth selecting songs? I remember going to the regional at both Fairmont and West Liberty. In both venues they played modern music and what you would suggest is a "basketball warmup" during the pregame. Not sure how or when this changed, or if this is just the line we're fed.

I have been told by somebody close to the situation that KCAC employees pick songs they want to hear during the game. So that would explain the genres selected and timeframe of the music they are playing LOL

Comment

Rukavina said in the Johnstown paper today that Kromka is 'day to day' but they expect him to play. His actual injury wasn't mentioned.
                  "Last game of the year, Brent. Can't hold anything back."

Comment

I still unfortunately remember the fourth game during Dante and Cobo's senior year.

The whole building (myself included) basically left after IUP beat West Chester.

Then, of course, Fairmont State had Mercyhurst dead in the water, up 5 with 40 seconds left. Naturally the game went to OT and the Lakers won ... and beat IUP in a Round 4 game in Round 2.

IUP had crushed that Fairmont team in Joe Retton that year.

I remember IUPAlum and I talking after Mercyhurst won that nightcap ... We knew it was over.

If I recall, that Mercyhurst team then lost to NW Missouri State in the Elite 8. And I think the final score was closer than any game they had played in months.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

If I recall, that Mercyhurst team then lost to NW Missouri State in the Elite 8. And I think the final score was closer than any game they had played in months.
                      Correct. And the week before they knocked IUP out in Round 2, IUP blew them out of the KCAC in the PSAC Championship.

They split 2-2 that year. IUP won early in Erie and then the Lakers hit a walk-off trey in Indiana in late January.

Comment

Here's a mid-week trivia question for you history buffs:

Name the last Atlantic Region men's and women's teams to lose in Round 1 as the host and top seed (hint: it hasn't happened very often).

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Yes, stated above already! Hurst took a few bad calls late to hand NW a win.

Comment

Here's a mid-week trivia question for you history buffs:

Name the last Atlantic Region men's and women's teams to lose in Round 1 as the host and top seed (hint: it hasn't happened very often).
                            Wheeling men were one of them (at the hands of Mercyhurst)

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Wheeling men were one of them (at the hands of Mercyhurst)
                              Correct. Danny lost at home to Mercyhurst. That was kind of the Lakers' coming out party. They've been here since.

The other was the IUP women losing to Mt. Olive.

That was probably the best women's team in school history.

Comment

Correct. Danny lost at home to Mercyhurst. That was kind of the Lakers' coming out party. They've been here since.

The other was the IUP women losing to Mt. Olive.

That was probably the best women's team in school history.
                                That year in Wheeling was the year I bought the full-weekend pass and went to all the games. It was a blast.

Might have been the last time Kutztown was in the tourney as well. They were tough that year if I recall.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X