Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You just wait until East Stroudsburg sends Gary back to Erie tomorrow and he spins tires out of the Hilton parking lot again -- busting up your whole bracket. LOL. Don't say you weren't warned.
    Pepin and McAlily are a load to handle no question about it, but I won't be sorry to see Gary head back toward Erie earlier than expected if that's the case. Hurst's defense is scary for a team that needs to produce offensively to win.

Comment

No. 2 seed Gannon is out in Women's Regional. Nice win for Charleston.

West Chester also eliminated Cal. Tough day for PSAC West.

Comment

No. 2 seed Gannon is out in Women's Regional. Nice win for Charleston.

West Chester also eliminated Cal. Tough day for PSAC West.
        Gannon looked like the best team just a few weeks ago, and just like that their season is over. These results probably confirm what we all thought. PSAC women’s basketball was weak this season.

Comment

You just wait until East Stroudsburg sends Gary back to Erie tomorrow and he spins tires out of the Hilton parking lot again -- busting up your whole bracket. LOL. Don't say you weren't warned.
          Gary might be gone before game 2 tips off!

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Gannon looked like the best team just a few weeks ago, and just like that their season is over. These results probably confirm what we all thought. PSAC women’s basketball was weak this season.
            Ship just beat a West Virginia State team that split with Glenville this year and had some other nice wins, and that was with a slow start by Aerial Jones and severe foul trouble the second half. The odds are probably against them beating Glenville on its home court Saturday, but I don't think they've been a weak team this season. And West Chester has been hot over the last month of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Ship just beat a West Virginia State team that split with Glenville this year and had some other nice wins, and that was with a slow start by Aerial Jones and severe foul trouble the second half. The odds are probably against them beating Glenville on its home court Saturday, but I don't think they've been a weak team this season. And West Chester has been hot over the last month of the season.
              Well, we’ll root for Ship the rest of the way then. Maybe inconsistent is the better word. Ship lost to Gannon twice and now Gannon is already out. Head scratcher. Top to bottom thought it didn’t feel like it was a strong conference.
              Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 03-11-2023, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Well, we’ll root for Ship the rest of the way then. Maybe inconsistent is the better word. Ship lost to Gannon twice and now Gannon is already out. Head scraper. Top to bottom thought it didn’t feel like it was a strong conference.
                Surprised at Gannon. They lost the title game last week at home to Cal and then went out in Round 1. Tough way to end a very good season.

Comment

Well, we’ll root for Ship the rest of the way then. Maybe inconsistent is the better word. Ship lost to Gannon twice and now Gannon is already out. Head scraper. Top to bottom thought it didn’t feel like it was a strong conference.
                  Gannon did handle Ship the first game. Second was closer, and Aerial Jones only played 28 minutes that game after picking up two fouls midway through the first quarter. She scored 26 points in the 28 minutes. There has been some inconsistency. Ship got routed by Kutztown up there, then beat them in the PSAC quarterfinals. Even with one PSAC team eliminating the other at Glenville, the PSAC still has two teams in the NCAA regional. I'd be surprised if Ship beats a 30-2 defending national champion on its home court, but it's been a good season whatever happens. One of the things working against Ship is that they faced an uptempo team that substitutes constantly yesterday and will be up against the same today. Fatigue could be a factor.

Comment

So far Hurst is having monster problems handling ESU’s size. Two fouls on Adjai and Lang midway through the first half.

Comment

ESU with a slim lead at the half. A ton of fouls for both teams. It seems to me ESU is the deeper of the two but we’ll see how it plays out. Whoever advances is going to need to find some energy for tomorrow. This is a physical battle.

Comment

At half, Mercyhurst only has 9 rebounds but they have also forced 14 turnovers. Lang only played 9 minutes due to fouls. Pretty even game although I thought Mercyhurst got the benefit of the officiating.

Comment

Hurst survives. I think the better team won. ESU just doesn’t have enough continuity on offense. No offense to UPJ, but I hope this sets up a matchup with West Liberty tomorrow night.

Comment

Mercyhurst wins. Strange stats. Mercy wins TO battle 24-7 but loses rebounding margin 41-21

Comment

Nice game. There probably is about a dime's difference between Mercyhurst and the top teams in the East at this point, but the dime's difference is there and it's enough. They have a veteran club and know how to finish games. Will try to watch the UPJ-West Liberty game some, but I don't anticipate that will be much of a game.

Comment

UPJ looks as if their feet are stuck in cement so far. They're having a ton of trouble even inbounding the ball. This looked on paper like the worst game of the four openers, and so far it's living up to that billing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X