Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Hear hear.
    Totally agree. I'm in favor of the kids getting some valuable experience on the mic. It's a really hard job, and the only way the kids learn is by doing it.

Comment

• Southern Nazarene beat NW Missouri

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
        Southern Nazarene beat NW Missouri
        Thank God!

I am so sick of Northwest Misery winning all these national titles. I wanted IUP to knock them out but enough is enough.

Sorry Brandon.

:-)

Comment

• Augusta was also eliminated today. Neither team that made the final will be there again this year.

Comment

• Where’s the best place to eat around those parts

Comment

• For those of you scoring at home (and if you're "scoring" D2football.com posts at home on a Sunday night, you need to get out more), half of the #1 seeds in the tournament are out. Here's where we stand heading into Tuesday's Sweet 16 (or, in the case of the West Region, Monday):

ATLANTIC: #2 West Liberty vs. #1 IUP
              CENTRAL: #5 Southern Nazarene vs. #6 Minnesota-Duluth (#1 seed NW Missouri loses in Regional Semis to Southern Nazarene)
              EAST: #4 New Haven vs. #2 Bentley (#1 seed St. Anselm loses in Regional Quarterfinals to #8 Caldwell)
              MIDWEST: #8 McKendree vs. #2 Missouri-St Louis (#1 seed UIndy loses in Regional Quarterfinals to McKendree)
              SOUTH: #3 Alabama-Huntsville vs. #1 Nova Southeastern
              SOUTHEAST: #4 South Carolina-Aiken vs. #3 Lincoln Memorial (Tenn.) (#1 seed Augusta loses in Regional Quarterfinals to USC-Aiken)
              SOUTH CENTRAL: #6 Black Hills State vs. #1 West Texas A&M
              WEST: #2 Cal State-San Bernardino vs. #1 Point Loma
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Good to see fair weather fans “sinking ship” and “lay down” finally making an appearance to the basketball board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
                  Where’s the best place to eat around those parts
                  I would suggest Levity Brewing https://www.levitybrewing.com/indiana If your more of a subs and sandwich person 9th street Deli. Back in the day both H. B. Culpeppers and The Coney had good food but its been a long time since I've eaten at either so an Indiana local may have a better idea if they are still good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                    For those of you scoring at home (and if you're "scoring" D2football.com posts at home on a Sunday night, you need to get out more), half of the #1 seeds in the tournament are out. Here's where we stand heading into Tuesday's Sweet 16 (or, in the case of the West Region, Monday):

ATLANTIC: #2 West Liberty vs. #1 IUP
                    CENTRAL: #5 Southern Nazarene vs. #6 Minnesota-Duluth (#1 seed NW Missouri loses in Regional Semis to Southern Nazarene)
                    EAST: #4 New Haven vs. #2 Bentley (#1 seed St. Anselm loses in Regional Quarterfinals to #8 Caldwell)
                    MIDWEST: #8 McKendree vs. #2 Missouri-St Louis (#1 seed UIndy loses in Regional Quarterfinals to McKendree)
                    SOUTH: #3 Alabama-Huntsville vs. #1 Nova Southeastern
                    SOUTHEAST: #4 South Carolina-Aiken vs. #3 Lincoln Memorial (Tenn.) (#1 seed Augusta loses in Regional Quarterfinals to USC-Aiken)
                    SOUTH CENTRAL: #6 Black Hills State vs. #1 West Texas A&M
                    WEST: #2 Cal State-San Bernardino vs. #1 Point Loma
                    It’s been a wild tournament so far. I wouldn’t be surprised to see West Texas A & M go down tomorrow. Black Hills was cruising until they hit a late rough patch that included 3 losses to Fort Lewis who they turned around and handled last night.

When it all shakes out, the West Lib-IUP winner should get a pretty favorable draw (on paper) to get to the NC game. They’ll almost certainly wind up on the opposite side of the bracket from Nova SE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

It’s been a wild tournament so far. I wouldn’t be surprised to see West Texas A & M go down tomorrow. Black Hills was cruising until they hit a late rough patch that included 3 losses to Fort Lewis who they turned around and handled last night.

When it all shakes out, the West Lib-IUP winner should get a pretty favorable draw (on paper) to get to the NC game. They’ll almost certainly wind up on the opposite side of the bracket from Nova SE.
                      Not going to pretend to know a ton about any of the other good teams around the D2 landscape outside of the region, but I've loved that Black Hills team. They are built like a PSAC team. They took down Nova SE last year and brought most back. That team was gigantic, and they were athletic, physical, and could shoot it well enough. Like you said, they were sitting with 0-1 losses all season until recently. I think that could really be the team this year. Although I agree, the winner of the Atlantic on Tuesday should be in a great position.

Comment

• The fees for tickets nowadays are insane. You can save $10 by buying the tickets there even though they’re more expensive. $6 in fees per ticket plus a $1 order fee if you buy online

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
                          Where’s the best place to eat around those parts
                          I ate at pan Asian cafe on Sunday,. Has sushi, pho, miso, Burmese and Thai. Very fresh. Homemade broth. I had chicken pho bowl
                          not your run of mill Chinese with 200 entrees.
                          4.8 Google reviews. Don't trust other internet advising sites for restaurants.

Comment

• I had to leave with 10 mins left in VUU game. I could not stand watching any more.
                            VUU could have won if shot attempts were weighted by degree of difficulty.
                            Looked like shot selection from an AAU game, where win or lose, there is another game.
                            Rather than a team offense, it looked like five individuals hunting their shot.
                            #5 was a great 3point shooter, but his teammates drove 1 against 3 rather than pass to him.
                            it is a shame, for there is much talent on the team.

Comment

• late to this so apologies for it being out of order, but I went to the IUP game and then stayed for Virginia Union-Fairmont afterward. Some observations:

- Haven't been to many other D2 facilities, but the KCAC is the perfect venue for events like this in regard to arena, seating, food, hotels, ample parking, an extra three practice courts in the field house, etc.
                              - The schedule of when the regional falls isn't kind to students wanting to stay on campus. And other than free entry into the game, there's not much else to do on campus right now so I'm not sure how enticing that would be for those living in the dorms. Still, would be cool to have a rocking SILENT NIGHT-style crowd in the KCAC once in a while. Or at least a crowd like in the 2013 PSAC tourney that stormed the floor after a really good win over Slippery Rock. (I miss Kevin Reynolds so much.)
                              - Josh Hill took over for Ryan this year in the SID office and has done a really nice job covering the different sports. The student staff is really, really talented. All those photos and videos by Cam Horning are so nice. It's easy to overlook media stuff like this until you look at schools that don't have them.
                              - I sat for the first half of the game behind the IUP basket. I can't imagine the budget for an HBCU like Winston Salem State is huge, but it was a huge addition for the KCAC having their pep band and spirit squad. Made it seem like an actual college basketball game. That's gotta be an 8ish hours drive for what turned out to be one game. IUP didn't even have cheerleaders on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I ate at pan Asian cafe on Sunday,. Has sushi, pho, miso, Burmese and Thai. Very fresh. Homemade broth. I had chicken pho bowl
                                not your run of mill Chinese with 200 entrees.
                                4.8 Google reviews. Don't trust other internet advising sites for restaurants.
                                Great choice! I can walk to it from my house, which is good and bad, LOL.

Monday nights are a little tougher for good restaurant choices as some are closed, but Coney has a deep menu and decent “bar food.” Romeo’s adjacent to campus is good. Stromboli > pizza there in my opinion. Thai@Indiana is also quite good just off Philadelphia Street on 7th. Lemoona House across from 700 Shop on Philadelphia Street is good. El Tosoro is pretty good Mexican on Philadelphia Street too. Spaghetti Benders is also pretty good and recently remodeled.

Best pizza in town, also my opinion, is Venice Cafe’ across from the tennis courts just off of Oakland Ave (Rte. 286). Allow 45 minutes though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X