Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well they made them earn it that’s all I wanted.

May the best man win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I was told chaminade does not play wlu style.
      Howlett and the system are one. Not sure d1 mid major has the buy in.
      Plus, didn't Bovaird leave under a cloud of "ethics violations" based on pocketing money during some camp? I remember a news story about that broke right before he bolted for Hawaii. I'm not sure you want to bring back an employee who may or may not have been "gently encouraged" to find another opportunity due to ethics issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Howlett and the system are one. Not sure d1 mid major has the buy in.
        Buy-in will never be higher than right now due to Fairleigh Dickinson mania. People will forget all about the Tobin Anderson story by this time next year when his Iona squad is getting bounced out of the MAAC tourney and finishing 17-13 or something like that. So unfortunately, if Howlett is going to jump the conditions are almost perfect at this precise moment.

Nothing is guaranteed. Enjoy the moment while it's here.

Comment

• I always root for teams from West Virginia (where my parents came from) and I hope West Liberty wins the title game on Saturday. Go Hilltoppers!

Comment

• A few interesting storylines. Mentor vs Pupil. An “ultra high tempo team” is going to win the National Title.

I doubt if my past history is going to matter, but I have a very long history of attending games of team that eventually ends up being national champion (football and basketball). Probably have done it 20 times. I saw WL 3 times this year, ???

Comment

• Through hell or high water I’m making it to Evansville. Can’t remember the last time we lost when I was in attendance

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
                Through hell or high water I’m making it to Evansville.
                If you're setting a betting line here, I'm taking the high water. ; )

Comment

• Crutch's defense has not been good in either game this week.

If the poacher wants to win, he best score a lot. WL shouldn't have any issues getting in to the 90s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Plus, didn't Bovaird leave under a cloud of "ethics violations" based on pocketing money during some camp? I remember a news story about that broke right before he bolted for Hawaii. I'm not sure you want to bring back an employee who may or may not have been "gently encouraged" to find another opportunity due to ethics issues.
                    You are exactly correct Scrub, Bovaird left West Liberty under some shady business where him pocketing funds were involved. I just moved back to Ohio from living in Hawaii and live about 3 minutes from the Chaminade campus and let me tell you they do not run the West Liberty offense lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
                      Through hell or high water I’m making it to Evansville. Can’t remember the last time we lost when I was in attendance
                      Hahaha Layton, I just booked my hotel and got my tickets! Hopefully, we get a ton of West Lib fans to attend the game!

Comment

• Agree with this 100%. If it's gonna happen, it will happen now. Tobin cleared the way to make it acceptable to hire lower level HC. And if you're a mid major, why the heck wouldn't you want a system like this??? Shows that you can win with it...at least at d2...

Does Hoehn run WL System at Bluefield?

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Buy-in will never be higher than right now due to Fairleigh Dickinson mania. People will forget all about the Tobin Anderson story by this time next year when his Iona squad is getting bounced out of the MAAC tourney and finishing 17-13 or something like that. So unfortunately, if Howlett is going to jump the conditions are almost perfect at this precise moment.

Nothing is guaranteed. Enjoy the moment while it's here.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopperNation View Post

Hahaha Layton, I just booked my hotel and got my tickets! Hopefully, we get a ton of West Lib fans to attend the game!
                          I saw a message yesterday about an alumni bus leaving for Evansville this morning. Not sure how many takers they got, but there's a local travel agent who is an alumna who keeps setting up these opportunities (both this one and the bus-loads of folks who showed up in full force in Indiana last week). Hopefully she needed to book extra buses--it'd be nice to fill the place with Topper fans!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I saw a message yesterday about an alumni bus leaving for Evansville this morning. Not sure how many takers they got, but there's a local travel agent who is an alumna who keeps setting up these opportunities (both this one and the bus-loads of folks who showed up in full force in Indiana last week). Hopefully she needed to book extra buses--it'd be nice to fill the place with Topper fans!
                            Hopefully they get ANYBODY in that building. I’ve been to funerals that were noisier than the Nova-CSUSB game. It’d be a shame if what should be a really fun game was played in a dead arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
                              Agree with this 100%. If it's gonna happen, it will happen now. Tobin cleared the way to make it acceptable to hire lower level HC. And if you're a mid major, why the heck wouldn't you want a system like this??? Shows that you can win with it...at least at d2...

Does Hoehn run WL System at Bluefield?

Coach Hoehn does in fact run the WL system at Bluefield but in moderation, as he just doesn't have the players. They trap after misses and take a good amount of 3's per game, and press. I'm not sure he would be the right fit at this current time though, needs a little more experience to be able to take over a top 5 program.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopperNation View Post

You are exactly correct Scrub, Bovaird left West Liberty under some shady business where him pocketing funds were involved. I just moved back to Ohio from living in Hawaii and live about 3 minutes from the Chaminade campus and let me tell you they do not run the West Liberty offense lol.
                                As I recall, the allegation was that he inappropriately took a salary from the basketball camp which was a common practice at many other schools. The difference was in how the camps were structured and how his contract was written. It was sort of a chicken and egg situation...I don't recall anyone saying that he stole the money just that it should have gone to the school and the school should have paid him as opposed to him taking his cut of the money before it went to the school.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X