Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe but Crutch isn’t retiring anytime soon- he’s got the best gig around making 200k. Gannon is a great D2 job. I could see the Crutch system rolling in the PSAC and Gannon has the resources to recruit the players needed for that system.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACwatcher View Post
      Jordan Fee to Gannon is a no brainer. He just won D2 National Championship. From area.
      Good name. Didn’t know he was from Western PA. Just looked him up, interesting that he was on Nova SE staff before Crutch got the job.

How good a job is Gannon relative to the rest of the league? Scholarships, salary etc? If it’s near the top, then I could see why he might go for it.

Comment

Maybe but Crutch isn’t retiring anytime soon- he’s got the best gig around making 200k. Gannon is a great D2 job. I could see the Crutch system rolling in the PSAC and Gannon has the resources to recruit the players needed for that system.
        Actually most of the players you speak of are overlooked by the big schools.

Ask Bryce Butler about his IUP recruitment (he grew up in their backyard). Word was he wanted to come to IUP and Joe totally blew him off.

Curious why is Gannon a great D2 job?

Comment

I kind of have a feeling Gannon is just going to be a stepping stone for coaches for a while. If they hire a coach that turns them around - I think he'll use the success to go elsewhere. Unless they can establish a recruting system that consistently brings talent in - but I just don't see that happening.

Comment

Weren't Stark and Schaetzle both coaches at Gannon at some point?

Comment

Lol. Schaetzle and Stark were assistants under Reilly. The current Gannon AD fired Reilly. So, there is no way she’s hiring a former assistant of a head coach she fired or she would have hired one of them to replace Reilly. Besides, Schaetzle has never been a head coach and was an ass’t on a horrible Canisius team (10-20). Witherspoon is just lucky Canisius announced he will be returning for another year. And Stark coached D’Youville to a stunning 4-21 record last year. So why would the Gannon AD ever hire either one of them?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Ask Bryce Butler about his IUP recruitment (he grew up in their backyard). Word was he wanted to come to IUP and Joe totally blew him off.

Must be the winter weather in Erie?

Comment

Jordan Fee to Gannon is a no brainer. He just won D2 National Championship. From area.
                  With all due respect to both of you, I have a hard time believing this one. Fort Lauderdale to Erie isn't a common career move. "From area" is Grove City. Coming "home" would be dependent on whether his family is still in the area. I lived in Erie County for 6 years and change and while the summers are nice, the area leaves a LOT to be desired.

A name I've heard thrown around for Edinboro is LeMoyne assistant Ben Swank. He is an Edinboro grad and son of former women's coach Stan Swank.

I'll be shocked if Kevin Reynolds isn't with a PSAC West team next fall. Speaking of, we still haven't heard anything about Clarion.

Comment

"... and Joe totally blew him off."
                    it is true that joe did not offer. Don't know about the interest. Latrobe plays the wlu style so it would have been a seamless transition and wlu subs deeper into the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

With all due respect to both of you, I have a hard time believing this one. Fort Lauderdale to Erie isn't a common career move. "From area" is Grove City. Coming "home" would be dependent on whether his family is still in the area. I lived in Erie County for 6 years and change and while the summers are nice, the area leaves a LOT to be desired.

A name I've heard thrown around for Edinboro is LeMoyne assistant Ben Swank. He is an Edinboro grad and son of former women's coach Stan Swank.

I'll be shocked if Kevin Reynolds isn't with a PSAC West team next fall. Speaking of, we still haven't heard anything about Clarion.
                      KR would be fantastic at Edinboro. He's proven he can win in the PSAC with little resources, etc.

Now, would KR want to enter the triad mess? That's probably the bigger question.

Comment

Coaches in their 30s looking for their first head job aren’t too terribly concerned about the weather. Fee applied for and was offered the Clarion job and turned it down before it was offered to the current Clarion coach. So it seems the weather wasn’t much of a deterrent to him.

Comment

KR would be fantastic at Edinboro. He's proven he can win in the PSAC with little resources, etc.

Now, would KR want to enter the triad mess? That's probably the bigger question.
                          I imagine KR is well aware of the challenges Cleary faced and wouldn't want to deal with that mess.

Comment

I imagine KR is well aware of the challenges Cleary faced and wouldn't want to deal with that mess.
                            KR won’t take either job.

Comment

You'd surely think if they were making a change they'd have made it long ago. Clarion's last game was Feb. 25. Of course, the Edinboro and Gannon news took forever.

The hiring process is long for the PASSHE schools (as I recall due to the union process). Gannon, being a private, I'd think would move very quickly. You'd surely assume the AD had some targets in mind prior to pulling the trigger on KJ.

It appears Clarion was able to keep all but one from its big freshmen class from last season. They had some departures among the older players. It sure seems they are giving Pitts another season.

I wonder if Cleary will land as an assistant somewhere for the upcoming season and then perhaps try to find another HC job.

One name to keep in mind is former Bloomsburg HC (and most recently UPJ assistant) John Sanow.

Speaking of UPJ, I was thinking Rukavina was going to hang it up after this season but it doesn't look that way.

Comment

You'd surely think if they were making a change they'd have made it long ago. Clarion's last game was Feb. 25. Of course, the Edinboro and Gannon news took forever.

The hiring process is long for the PASSHE schools (as I recall due to the union process). Gannon, being a private, I'd think would move very quickly. You'd surely assume the AD had some targets in mind prior to pulling the trigger on KJ.

It appears Clarion was able to keep all but one from its big freshmen class from last season. They had some departures among the older players. It sure seems they are giving Pitts another season.

I wonder if Cleary will land as an assistant somewhere for the upcoming season and then perhaps try to find another HC job.

One name to keep in mind is former Bloomsburg HC (and most recently UPJ assistant) John Sanow.

Speaking of UPJ, I was thinking Rukavina was going to hang it up after this season but it doesn't look that way.
                                For all his baseline barking, Cleary is an extremely laid-back, quiet guy. He was a good coach and recruiter when you look at it with his chickensh*t budget and "vintage" facility. He could land somewhere but his wife is the track coach at Edinboro, so he'll stay local until she can look, too. I was told he's being paid through July 1 but he was done on Friday.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X