Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linc Darner, who led Florida Southern to the 2014-15 national title, capped by a win over IUP is back in D2 and back in Florida taking over at Tampa.

Comment

• soon-
      Last edited by BoroLetterman1; 05-18-2023, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoroLetterman1 View Post
        soon-
        It will be like being promoted to captain of the Titanic.

Comment

soon-
          Yes, they interviewed 3 candidates earlier in the week with Swank pulling his name. Old news!

Comment

• https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...2-18108946.php

Comment

• Aside from this guy who are the other finalists?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Aside from this guy who are the other finalists?
                There were some squeaky committee members the first time around and not sure if that was related to the decision to repost the job.

Comment

• Justin Jennings took the Edinboro job. Little surprised by that, but good hire for them from what I’ve heard. Think he went to PSU-Behrend.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post
                    Justin Jennings took the Edinboro job. Little surprised by that, but good hire for them from what I’ve heard. Think he went to PSU-Behrend.
                    I hope he knows how to plan a car wash fundraiser.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I hope he knows how to plan a car wash fundraiser.
                      Big task. Along with IUP, Cal and Mercyhurst, Gannon is likely going to be very good (very quickly). Seton Hill is on the rise and UPJ is always at least a tough out. Slippery Rock is loaded up with imports, too.

Clarion is my sleeper this year. The West wasn't too hot a year ago. This year will be quite different.

Comment

• What a Great hire!! I knew you would be complaining Fightingscots 82

Comment

What a Great hire!! I knew you would be complaining Fightingscots 82
                          I'm not. It's a good hire. He's got connections up and down 79. For a short time, guys will slobber on his Drexel gear.

I hope he does so well he gets snatched up because I'm always a Boro guy. My only hesitation is how well he'll do with the worst gym and least scholarships in the West. The last guy did better than worst every year.

Comment

I'm not. It's a good hire. He's got connections up and down 79. For a short time, guys will slobber on his Drexel gear.

I hope he does so well he gets snatched up because I'm always a Boro guy. My only hesitation is how well he'll do with the worst gym and least scholarships in the West. The last guy did better than worst every year.
                            What's unfortunate for him is that he was a finalist for the Gannon job with almost unlimited resources and ends up at the Boro. He now has zero resources and most likely minimal pay. We'll see soon once his pay is posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

What's unfortunate for him is that he was a finalist for the Gannon job with almost unlimited resources and ends up at the Boro. He now has zero resources and most likely minimal pay. We'll see soon once his pay is posted.
                              His head coaching record from years ago is pretty good. His wife is from the Edinboro community. He's coached at D1. He's from the region. All positives.

But his biggest obstacles are things missing from his resume. He's never had to fundraise. West Point, Carnegie Mellon, and Drexel are swimming in money. Fundraising isn't a thing at D3 and coaches just make appearances at any sort of fundraising event in D1. They're the celebrity guest for a major ask. He's never had to coach on a shoestring budget. He's never divided scholarships. He's never had only a part timer to assist. He's never had to sell crap facilities without a world class education to make up for it.

I think he's probably a very good young coach with ties to the area. There are very critical secondary skills you need in D2 that I don't see mentioned. He's got an uphill climb.

Comment

His head coaching record from years ago is pretty good. His wife is from the Edinboro community. He's coached at D1. He's from the region. All positives.

But his biggest obstacles are things missing from his resume. He's never had to fundraise. West Point, Carnegie Mellon, and Drexel are swimming in money. Fundraising isn't a thing at D3 and coaches just make appearances at any sort of fundraising event in D1. They're the celebrity guest for a major ask. He's never had to coach on a shoestring budget. He's never divided scholarships. He's never had only a part timer to assist. He's never had to sell crap facilities without a world class education to make up for it.

I think he's probably a very good young coach with ties to the area. There are very critical secondary skills you need in D2 that I don't see mentioned. He's got an uphill climb.
                                The very least of which is today is May 31 and he essentially needs to build a whole roster.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X