Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Recruiting

Vikes get an early commitment from 2019 Cretin-Derham Hall guard Jaeden King. I haven't seen much about him, but from doing a quick Twitter search, it would appear he's a solid shooter and pretty talented player. Congrats to Jaeden and to the Vikes. Look forward to seeing how his game develops over the next couple of years.

Re: 2019 Recruiting

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Vikes get an early commitment from 2019 Cretin-Derham Hall guard Jaeden King. I haven't seen much about him, but from doing a quick Twitter search, it would appear he's a solid shooter and pretty talented player. Congrats to Jaeden and to the Vikes. Look forward to seeing how his game develops over the next couple of years

Saw him play one time as soph. Very nice outside jumper. Will only get better as he gets stronger, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
      Saw him play one time as soph. Very nice outside jumper. Will only get better as he gets stronger, etc.
      Moorhead get commitment for 2019 pg - Jacob Beeninga. Dragons have nice nucleus of pgs lined up for many years to come.

Comment

Moorhead get commitment for 2019 pg - Jacob Beeninga. Dragons have nice nucleus of pgs lined up for many years to come.
        When I first saw that the other day, I was like "wait, didn't he already commit?"

Was thinking of his brother, who apparently is already a sophomore

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
          When I first saw that the other day, I was like "wait, didn't he already commit?"

Was thinking of his brother, who apparently is already a sophomore
          Correct. There are also 3 more boys younger than 2019 beeninga. Have a feeling you are going to be hearing that last name for the next 20 years at Msum.

Comment

Wondered if the Dragons would get Jacob too. Saw a lot of buzz about him on Twitter this summer from the usual Minnesota guys. Not a shock that he's at Moorhead. Hopefully if any of the younger brothers are equally good/better, the Augie coaching staff can convince one of 'em to blaze his own trail at a school a few hours south. :)

Comment

Wondered if the Dragons would get Jacob too. Saw a lot of buzz about him on Twitter this summer from the usual Minnesota guys. Not a shock that he's at Moorhead. Hopefully if any of the younger brothers are equally good/better, the Augie coaching staff can convince one of 'em to blaze his own trail at a school a few hours south. :)
              I know Johnny, the older brother, was very interested in Augustana a couple years ago, but I don't believe Augie ever offered him. Good for Moorhead. Jacob is certainly a little undersized, but very skilled, crafty and a good shooter. Very confident player. Will likely redshirt to give two years between Irsfeld. Like Msum pg and wing situations in next 3-4 years/future. Now they have to develop some bigs. Bigs Seville and Berge will be big keys to the future dragon teams. 2019+.

Comment

I know Johnny, the older brother, was very interested in Augustana a couple years ago, but I don't believe Augie ever offered him. Good for Moorhead. Jacob is certainly a little undersized, but very skilled, crafty and a good shooter. Very confident player. Will likely redshirt to give two years between Irsfeld. Like Msum pg and wing situations in next 3-4 years/future. Now they have to develop some bigs. Bigs Seville and Berge will be big keys to the future dragon teams. 2019+.
                Interesting. I believe he's in the same class as Levi Jansen, which might explain why an offer might not have been there (assuming the Augie coaching staff was interested in Johnny, obviously). I could be mistaken, but I think Levi committed early. Then the rest of the spots went to big men, which the Vikes were very much in need of in that class after losing Jansen/Schilling/Huisken.

Comment

Interesting. I believe he's in the same class as Levi Jansen, which might explain why an offer might not have been there (assuming the Augie coaching staff was interested in Johnny, obviously). I could be mistaken, but I think Levi committed early. Then the rest of the spots went to big men, which the Vikes were very much in need of in that class after losing Jansen/Schilling/Huisken.
                  Johnny is true soph this season. He did not redshirt last year as freshman.

Comment

Johnny is true soph this season. He did not redshirt last year as freshman.
                    Then yes, that would be the same as Jansen.

Comment

You guys will be glad to know that King only scored 11 points last night and his coach didn't even play him in the 2nd half.

http://www.cdhraiders.org/news_artic...rer_id=3549280

Comment

King only the 4th best scorer on his team last night.

http://www.cdhraiders.org/news_artic...rer_id=3549280

Comment

Noah Christensen from Breckenridge is one to keep an eye on. I know Moorhead has watched him, his mom I found out is an Augie grad. Putting up big numbers this year. Once he fills into that frame he could be a pretty good NSIC player IMO

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                            Noah Christensen from Breckenridge is one to keep an eye on. I know Moorhead has watched him, his mom I found out is an Augie grad. Putting up big numbers this year. Once he fills into that frame he could be a pretty good NSIC player IMO
                            Sons of Augie moms go on to become stars at Sioux Falls. See Drew Geubert. :)

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                              Sons of Augie moms go on to become stars at Sioux Falls. See Drew Geubert. :)
                              Does anyone know a good place to view season stats for the HS kids? I'm sure it is hard to compile it all. Noah has huge numbers as a junior. They have a senior as well who I think was leading all of Minnesota in three point % last year before getting hurt to end the season. He is hitting a high rate again this year and scoring quite a bit.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X