Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

The 10-0 Augustana Women have moved up to #14, still one spot behind Mich. Tech a team AU whipped 95-82 in a neutral site.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
      This kid is trying his darnedest to not be a Viking. :)

http://www.cdhraiders.org/news_artic...rer_id=3549280
      That's enough out of you.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
        This kid is trying his darnedest to not be a Viking. :)

http://www.cdhraiders.org/news_artic...rer_id=3549280
        Enjoy the show in St Cloud this weekend, lookings for free, touchings gonna cost you

Comment

2019 Augie commit Jaeden King puts up 26 to lead all scorers in the big-time Minnesota high school basketball match-up between Cretin-Derham Hall and Apple Valley. That's a game that includes high-major D1-signed Tre Jones for Apple Valley (going to Duke), high-major D1-signed Daniel Oturu for Cretin-Derham Hall (going to Minnesota) and likely mid-major D1 talent Sy Chatman.

Hoping the Vikes can hang on to him. Long time to wait before King is actually signed to Augie.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
            2019 Augie commit Jaeden King puts up 26 to lead all scorers in the big-time Minnesota high school basketball match-up between Cretin-Derham Hall and Apple Valley. That's a game that includes high-major D1-signed Tre Jones for Apple Valley (going to Duke), high-major D1-signed Daniel Oturu for Cretin-Derham Hall (going to Minnesota) and likely mid-major D1 talent Sy Chatman.
            Hoping the Vikes can hang on to him. Long time to wait before King is actually signed to Augie.
            Word is that he was by far the best player on the floor tonight. I have sent out game reviews to all Summit league schools and MAC schools. :)

Comment

Started out a great weekend for the Vikes with the win in Marshall. Realllly would've loved to see that carry over into Sunday night's game. I hate losing to USF almost as much as I hate losing to SMSU and Northern. Won't get any easier the next two weekends with home games against Mankato and a CSP team that we needed a crazy run at the end to take down, followed by a down-but-probably-not-out-while-playing-against-us-for-whatever-reason Moorhead team and the obviously big Northern game.

It would fill me with great joy if we took down the Wolves at their place this year. Not expecting to, as we have several flaws that are basically ideal for the Wolves to take advantage of with their style of play, but certainly staying optimistic nonetheless. In general, I tend to favor Texas Tom over SaTTher in most Augie/Northern match-ups, regardless of the rosters of each team. Also, I'd hate to see the Wolves run the table in conference play and beat out the Vikes for most conference wins in a season. :)

Comment

Started out a great weekend for the Vikes with the win in Marshall. Realllly would've loved to see that carry over into Sunday night's game. I hate losing to USF almost as much as I hate losing to SMSU and Northern. Won't get any easier the next two weekends with home games against Mankato and a CSP team that we needed a crazy run at the end to take down, followed by a down-but-probably-not-out-while-playing-against-us-for-whatever-reason Moorhead team and the obviously big Northern game.

It would fill me with great joy if we took down the Wolves at their place this year. Not expecting to, as we have several flaws that are basically ideal for the Wolves to take advantage of with their style of play, but certainly staying optimistic nonetheless. In general, I tend to favor Texas Tom over SaTTher in most Augie/Northern match-ups, regardless of the rosters of each team. Also, I'd hate to see the Wolves run the table in conference play and beat out the Vikes for most conference wins in a season. :)
                You making the trip up to the Hub City?

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                  You making the trip up to the Hub City?
                  No, these days I don't really make many road trips, other than USF and occasionally SMSU (although I didn't go to either this year). Plus, there are few things less enjoyable than being in a room full of NSU fans while the Wolves are in the rare process of beating the Vikes, and that likelihood seems higher than usual this year. :)

Also, why is it called the Hub City?

Comment

Here ya go. By the way, Jordan MN is also called the Hub City. Their HS boys team is called the Hubmen, while their girls team is called the Jaguars.

http://www.aberdeensd.com/117/History-of-Aberdeen

Comment

No, these days I don't really make many road trips, other than USF and occasionally SMSU (although I didn't go to either this year). Plus, there are few things less enjoyable than being in a room full of NSU fans while the Wolves are in the rare process of beating the Vikes, and that likelihood seems higher than usual this year. :)

"Aberdeen had four different railroad companies with depots built in the newly developing town. With these four railroads intersecting here, Aberdeen soon became known as the "Hub City of the Dakotas". When looking down on Aberdeen from above, the railroad tracks converging in Aberdeen resembled the spokes of a wheel converging at a hub, hence the name "Hub City of the Dakotas". These four railroad companies are the reason why Aberdeen was able to grow and flourish as it did."

It was a railroad hub early on. Trains going in and out of all directions. The name Aberdeen was after Aberdeen Scotland where head of the Milwaukee Railroad Alexander Mitchell was born. The "Hub City" slogan has been going away for quite some time but those that have roots there will always hold onto it. I doubt the people moving in have ever heard of it called that.

Comment

"Aberdeen had four different railroad companies with depots built in the newly developing town. With these four railroads intersecting here, Aberdeen soon became known as the "Hub City of the Dakotas". When looking down on Aberdeen from above, the railroad tracks converging in Aberdeen resembled the spokes of a wheel converging at a hub, hence the name "Hub City of the Dakotas". These four railroad companies are the reason why Aberdeen was able to grow and flourish as it did."

It was a railroad hub early on. Trains going in and out of all directions. The name Aberdeen was after Aberdeen Scotland where head of the Milwaukee Railroad Alexander Mitchell was born. The "Hub City" slogan has been going away for quite some time but those that have roots there will always hold onto it. I doubt the people moving in have ever heard of it called that.
                        Huh. That is a thing I did not know. I've only ever known it as "Title Town" (copyright Sundance Wicks) or "City Where Everybody In The Entire Community Goes To Basketball Games Because There Really Isn't That Much Else Going On During The Weekends."

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Huh. That is a thing I did not know. I've only ever known it as "Title Town" (copyright Sundance Wicks) or "City Where Everybody In The Entire Community Goes To Basketball Games Because There Really Isn't That Much Else Going On During The Weekends."

Thanks for the info.
                          Ah yes, the "nothing else to do" line...always a nice go to.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                            Lots of small towns in the area they get fans from, I believe. Similar to Marshall, but on a bigger scale. Think they get fans from the whole NE corner of the state.

Comment

Ah yes, the "nothing else to do" line...always a nice go to.
                              Haha. I was also kidding about "Title Town." Sundance is the only person I've ever seen/heard refer to it as that.

And, in all honesty, I've heard the "nothing else to do" sentiment from several Aberdeenies (Aberdeenians? Aberdeeners?) themselves over the years, so it's not just me being petty. Or at least not 100% me being petty.

Comment

so it's not just me being petty.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X