Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Vikings incoming class have made a lot of news and all of it is good. Certainly going to be a fun upcoming season.
    I wouldn't give too much praise to kids committing to NDSU, I pretty coach will be gone after another crappy season this coming year.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      Again, only Augie fans will care, but all three of Augie's 2018 commits from SD made 1st Team Senior All-State via the Prep Hoops guys. Other NSIC-ers of note include Lincoln Jordre (NSU) on the 1st Team, Gus Reede (NSU) who landed on the 4th Team and, interestingly, D1-bound (former NSU commit) Cole Bergan ended up 4th Team as well.

Future Augie baseballer and footballer Peyton Zabel was 4th Team Senior All-State as well.

Congrats to those incoming freshmen on great seniors seasons and great careers.
      A question for Mr. A Which of our recruits had D1 offer and by whom? Listening to coach OJ interviews, I get a strong impression that Peyton Zabel is the Vikings QB
      of the near future. Zabel is a 3 sport star athlete for Pierre T.F. Riggs HS.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
        A question for Mr. A Which of our recruits had D1 offer and by whom? Listening to coach OJ interviews, I get a strong impression that Peyton Zabel is the Vikings QB
        of the near future. Zabel is a 3 sport star athlete for Pierre T.F. Riggs HS.
        My understanding is that Plitzuweit had an open offer from NDSU when he committed to Augie and Hanson at one point committed early (summer before his junior year) to SDSU and eventually de-committed for reasons I'm not aware of, but am not complaining about.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
          I wouldn't give too much praise to kids committing to NDSU, I pretty coach will be gone after another crappy season this coming year.
          Yeah, I wasn't praising any NDSU commits. More just commenting on the fact that Augie's recruits in MN were placed higher in these very subjective rankings (that were seniors-only, to be clear) than a handful of D1 commits.

Comment

What's story with transfer of John Warren?

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
              It's still too new and raw for me to unpack, all of my holdings on John Warren island are staring down the barrel of foreclosure. He was the last remaining piece of the National Championship squad and I'm sad he won't get the proper heroes good bye. But it's his career and I hope he finds a situation that pleases him.

Texas Tom will be guiding his youngest team since 2004-2005 this fall and while it wont result in an immediate return of victories, his track record suggests the looming struggle shall yield a bountiful crop of wins. This is AJ Plitzuweit's team now, act accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                Assuming you wouldn't have brought it up if it weren't true (or at least very likely).

That's disappointing if it's true, particularly since John was basically our only experienced senior this coming season, unless I'm overlooking somebody. I figured John would be the "star player" next year. Here's to hoping our incoming class is even better than I've been annoyingly posting about lately. We will need some young guys to step up pretty early in their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                  Assuming you wouldn't have brought it up if it weren't true (or at least very likely).

That's disappointing if it's true, particularly since John was basically our only experienced senior this coming season, unless I'm overlooking somebody. I figured John would be the "star player" next year. Here's to hoping our incoming class is even better than I've been annoyingly posting about lately. We will need some young guys to step up pretty early in their careers.
                  No longer on the online roster. Also listed on the VerbalCommits transfer list, along with Nolen Gerald.

Comment

If you're a twitter sleuther, recent D2 assistant coaches/team accounts following Warren are from Lindenwood, Northeastern State, Tusculum, Indiana PA, and Northwest MO. Also recently followed by D1 Evansville team account and an Evansville player originally from MN.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                      If you're a twitter sleuther, recent D2 assistant coaches/team accounts following Warren are from Lindenwood, Northeastern State, Tusculum, Indiana PA, and Northwest MO. Also recently followed by D1 Evansville team account and an Evansville player originally from MN.
                      Interesting. If he goes the Witthus route, I will be particularly disappointed. At least if he goes D1, it'll be less frustrating to find out he's playing well for someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                        Immediate Ndow replacement?

Comment

Simple may need to start referring his Mankato jokes toward Norwest Missouri

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                            Simple may need to start referring his Mankato jokes toward Norwest Missouri
                            9 seasons under McCollum: 12 total transfers, 6 of which occurred in the first 3 years of his tenure. That number includes juco kids coming to NW. Only 5 4-year transfers. NW has a LONG way to go to be on Mankato level for transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                              9 seasons under McCollum: 12 total transfers, 6 of which occurred in the first 3 years of his tenure. That number includes juco kids coming to NW. Only 5 4-year transfers. NW has a LONG way to go to be on Mankato level for transfers.
                              Christ, you must really be new if you think we, okay mainly me, are going to let facts get in the way of some good old fashioned ripping. :)

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                                Christ, you must really be new if you think we, okay mainly me, are going to let facts get in the way of some good old fashioned ripping. :)
                                Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Germans?

Forget it, he's rolling.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X