Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
    John Warren ended up at Slippery Rock in PSAC....

The coach at SRU has been "transfer" U for some time now...Roster turns over almost every year...they are semi-successful with molding a new lineup every year..but they have a stud back for his senior season, Micah Till...

How good is this John Warren??
    The one week I take off from refreshing The Rock's roster page to see when this would become official....damn.

John Warren is one of the best wing defenders in all of Division 2, he can absolutely swallow people alive when hes locked in and his wingspan creates steals for himself and those around him. Offensively he has a dreamy shot that can take over a game and the ability to rise up and finish like few in the NSIC as USF's Drew Geubert learned during his baptism at the hoop last winter. Having given you the hard sell on my John Warren Island holdings I'm obligated to disclose that consistency is a concern. Game to game and posession to possession you never quite knew what John would show up.

Augie may not have won the National Title without his steal to seal the Regional Championship and I'll truly miss watching him be an alpha on this year's Augie team.

Former Viking Nolen Gerald is joining John at The Rock, hes a solid athlete who is capable of producing jumpshots that can harm anyone in the vicinity of the hoop.

Comment

Interesting stuff, Augieholic....Sounds like SRU got a find...I hope you don't mind, but I cross-posted your synopsis over on the Atlantic board...

Tell me though, what was his reason for the transfer? Seems odd leaving Augustana

Comment

I think it's been shared already, but Augie's website just did a release on the 2018-19 schedule: https://goaugie.com/news/2018/10/2/m...-schedule.aspx

Interesting development--apparently the Vikes will have to play USF and SMSU at the Elmen Center to finish out the regular season. USF in the Elmen Center will definitely be interesting.

That may have been mentioned already, but I wasn't aware of it until today.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
          Interesting development--apparently the Vikes will have to play USF and SMSU at the Elmen Center to finish out the regular season. USF in the Elmen Center will definitely be interesting.

That may have been mentioned already, but I wasn't aware of it until today.
          Bumped by the Sioux Empire Home Show.....ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
            Bumped by the Sioux Empire Home Show.....ouch!
            I could be mistaken, but I think that is the same event that prevented Augie from hosting the Regional at the Arena in 2014-15 and 2015-16. If that's the case, it would mean the Arena is open for Regional hosting responsibilities this year. Now we go, Vikes.

Comment

I could be mistaken, but I think that is the same event that prevented Augie from hosting the Regional at the Arena in 2014-15 and 2015-16. If that's the case, it would mean the Arena is open for Regional hosting responsibilities this year. Now we go, Vikes.
              Yes, the Arena calendar is empty on March 16-19 while the regional is held elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
                Interesting stuff, Augieholic....Sounds like SRU got a find...I hope you don't mind, but I cross-posted your synopsis over on the Atlantic board...

Tell me though, what was his reason for the transfer? Seems odd leaving Augustana
                I dont know any specifics but my educated guess is that John left because he thought he might get a D1 offer that obviously never came.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                  I dont know any specifics but my educated guess is that John left because he thought he might get a D1 offer that obviously never came.
                  This is kinda where I'm at too.

Comment

Ive never heard Coach B this upbeat about a group before a game is played:

https://twitter.com/MidcoSN/status/1...428215296?s=19

Also it sounds more and more likely that Levi Jansen will be on the court at some point. That could be a huge coup for a team that doesnt have a single player with more than one season of NSIC basketball experience.

Comment

Former Viking Mark Smed was inducted into the Marshall Tiger M Club Hall of Fame this weekend

http://www.marshallindependent.com/s...into-the-hall/

Comment

Former Viking Mark Smed was inducted into the Marshall Tiger M Club Hall of Fame this weekend

http://www.marshallindependent.com/s...into-the-hall/
                        Cool honor for him. The article does make a slight error in saying he is the second all-time leading scorer at Augie, when the Schillings, Cam McCaffrey, and Daniel Jensen have bumped him down to 6th now (with Carl Gonder bumped down to 5th). That overseas story is kind of fun. Imagine if he hadn't been in such an "I'm a passer" mentality at Augie.

Comment

Cool honor for him. The article does make a slight error in saying he is the second all-time leading scorer at Augie, when the Schillings, Cam McCaffrey, and Daniel Jensen have bumped him down to 6th now (with Carl Gonder bumped down to 5th).
                          I'll mention that to the writer. Guessing Smed was second when he graduated?

Comment

I'll mention that to the writer. Guessing Smed was second when he graduated?
                            I've never been all that good at math, but from the look of things, I would imagine he was first when he graduated. The guy above him graduated a year after him.

https://static.goaugie.com/custompag...HTM#ICRECS.FCA

Probably similar to a Cody Schilling/Cameron McCaffrey thing where Smed had the record for a year until Gonder broke it.

Comment

I've never been all that good at math, but from the look of things, I would imagine he was first when he graduated. The guy above him graduated a year after him.

https://static.goaugie.com/custompag...HTM#ICRECS.FCA

Probably similar to a Cody Schilling/Cameron McCaffrey thing where Smed had the record for a year until Gonder broke it.
                              I think I found where the error came from: "He set nine school scoring records and is currently second on the Viking career scoring charts with 1,795 points."

https://goaugie.com/hof.aspx?hof=206

Comment

I think I found where the error came from: "He set nine school scoring records and is currently second on the Viking career scoring charts with 1,795 points."

https://goaugie.com/hof.aspx?hof=206
                                Yes. My guess is those haven't been updated in a few years now. Good find though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X