Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Henderson St gets the benefit of a basket that definitely appeared to be released after the shot clock buzzer to take a 4 point lead with 13 seconds left and Augie loses 83-77. Riemersma ends the day with 28 points.

Comment

No Adam Dykman from the look of things. I saw that he went out with an injury during yesterday's game, but was hoping it was minor. Hope it is nothing serious, as having our lone upperclassmen with actual experience out for very long really isn't ideal for a team this young.

Riemersma is really good.

Comment

Riemersma is really good.[/QUOTE]

Remember when I told you a few months ago he would be best player on Augustana team.

Comment

Augie leads Chadron 21-14 at the under 10 media TO. Let me highlight a recent turn of events...

/Chadron not granted TO which led to a 5 second call/

Chadron coach to ref: "I've played NSIC teams before I'm used to this stuff happening"

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
            Augie leads Chadron 21-14 at the under 10 media TO. Let me highlight a recent turn of events...

/Chadron not granted TO which led to a 5 second call/

Chadron coach to ref: "I've played NSIC teams before I'm used to this stuff happening"
            Good quote from our NSU alum.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              Good quote from our NSU alum.
              I was waiting for you to say, "I've played Augie before I'm used to this stuff happening"

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                I was waiting for you to say, "I've played Augie before I'm used to this stuff happening"
                This is what he truly should have said. Apparently he is all in on RMAC hoops

Comment

After another questionable call goes against Chadron, their coach waits for it to quiet down, looks in the direction of Billeter and goes "who is this guy?" while pointing at the ref who made said questionable call.

Comment

After another questionable call goes against Chadron, their coach waits for it to quiet down, looks in the direction of Billeter and goes "who is this guy?" while pointing at the ref who made said questionable call.
                    Years ago, MSU's Tipoff Classic was held down in the Verizon Center. They thought that since it was a new building for hockey, they may as well use it for basketball too. Terrible decision. Anyway, my buddy Randy and were sitting at the media table by Ron Trongard, the sports broadcaster. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Trongard

Drury was losing the game, and their coach had been giving the officials the business. With about a minute to go, he walked over to us, smiled and said, "I'm going to get him one more time!" He did, the official took it, and the game was over. My buddy just couldn't get over it- I told him that he needed to sit in the front row more often.

Comment

Another good one. Nothing as good as the storybibheard from an official tell me about a funny that Tom made.

I think Reed is well liked by most, from what I've heard or known...but he has quite the project on his hands with Chadron

Comment

I'm sure Augieholic will have more entertaining analysis, but for those of you who don't mind me being a little more boring:

-Riemersma ends the game with 21 points, 8 boards, and 4 assists (team leader for all three categories tonight).

-Plitzuweit puts together a great game with 19 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds.

-Trevor Hanson has 16 points, 8 boards, and 4 blocks, and wasn't even that great statistically.

-Michael Schaefer put up 13 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, and Dylan Lebrun had 12 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, and a steal.

-Matt Cartwright only had 2 points, but snagged 6 rebounds.

-Those are the only 6 guys who scored. Also, four of them were freshmen and the other two were sophomores.

-Adam Dykman (Augie's lone upperclassman) was wearing a cast and the announcer implied he would be out for the foreseeable future. So...basically no upperclassman experience.

-No Levi Jansen tonight either. Hoping it's just proactive rest and not injury stuff coming back.

All in all, fun to see the young guys play so hard and bring that type of energy. Chadron has a number of D1 transfers and stuff, so while they may not be a perennial power in the RMAC, they might be better than they've been in the past. Either way, I believe it counts as an in-region D2 win, which never hurts.

Comment

Last night was my first time watching this squad in live game action this season and it was incredible how much more they seem to enjoy each other's company compared to last season's team. There was a noticeable uptick in chatter defensively on the court and from the bench.

Last night's game encapsulated how I envision this whole season will play out. Stretches of dominance and youthful inexperience intermingled on a constant basis. Right now when Tom goes beyond Cartwright-LeBrun-Plitzuweit-Riemersma-Schaefer-Hanson-Bryan things get dicey real fast. You can tell theyre trying hard to execute the plays properly offensively and sometimes that comes at the expense of actually looking to score. That will come with reps, in the meantime I'd love to see them get out and run for easier transition buckets.

Defensively Riemersma and Bryan display how beneficial one year of college basketball is compared to the true freshmen. They all have the athleticism to cover up some positioning gaffes but that only lasts for short bursts. One of the funnier moments was a Chadron player flattening Schaefer on a post-up twice simply because he was way too manly for Michael. Once the refs bailed him out and once they did not. I doubt that will be the last time that happens.

Comment

Haven't watched Augie yet live this season but have been a frequent viewer of there's for sometime now. Putting stats aside and Dykman being hurt, this team may struggle with the lack of real beef down low. I hope I am wrong but the streams seem to be pointing in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by MaroonJackRabbits View Post
                              Haven't watched Augie yet live this season but have been a frequent viewer of there's for sometime now. Putting stats aside and Dykman being hurt, this team may struggle with the lack of real beef down low. I hope I am wrong but the streams seem to be pointing in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by MaroonJackRabbits View Post
                                Completely agree, I thought there was path to a All NSIC type season for him this year. He is a sound offensive and defensive fail safe for any team but especially one this young.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X