• I've seen this story before.....

Comment

• Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

I've seen this story before.....

Uff da.

Comment

I've seen this story before.....

I get the reference to Omaha, but there is absolutely no way Augie is dropping football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post

I get the reference to Omaha, but there is absolutely no way Augie is dropping football.
            I would have thought the same with Omaha, but D1 hockey is expensive......you also have the Title IX implications. Never say never.

Comment

I would have thought the same with Omaha, but D1 hockey is expensive......you also have the Title IX implications. Never say never.
              The whole story of Augustana moving up to D1 has been strange. The announcement to add D1 hockey just makes the whole saga more so.

Comment

• Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

The whole story of Augustana moving up to D1 has been strange. The announcement to add D1 hockey just makes the whole saga more so.
                Really don't know what so strange about AU pursuits. The attempted move to the Summit league didn't work out most likely SDSU and USD helped thwart that. The hockey announcement was forced because of a leak, I'm assuming. They have a lead gift in place from Denny Sanford and what is wrong with being the only school in SD to offer college hockey. My guess is AU will be content to stay D2 in other sports.
                Last edited by vikingfaithful; 06-20-2021, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Really don't know what so strange about AU pursuits. The attempted move to the Summit league didn't work out most likely SDSU and USD helped thwart that. The hockey announcement was forced because of a leak, I'm assuming. They have a lead gift in place from Denny Sanford and what is wrong with being the only school in SD to offer college hockey. My guess is AU will be content to stay D2 in other sports.
                  I think what is so strange about it is that I don't believe you make the big announcement without already having the guarantee of where you will be going. I think Augie either took for granted they would be accepted into the Summit, or had been told they would be and then some schools (Denver, SDSU, USD???) convinced others that Augie shouldn't be invited. I think the St. Thomas move also messed up the timing for Augie. And football has been a great unknown since they made the announcement.

Now Augie announces a D1 hockey program, and I'm not sure anyone anticipated that. I actually think that could be a great idea for Augie depending on the execution of the plan. Are they building an on campus arena? It should be easier to be accepted into a conference in hockey as there are so few schools playing D1 hockey. I would expect they would be invited by some of their fellow NSIC brethren, unless the move to D1 in other sports has upset some ADs and presidents and they look to leave Augie out in the cold for hockey as well.

I still maintain that Augie is more suited to be a D2 institution. However, I get the allure of wanting to play with the big boys. SDSU and USD garner the lion's share of the attention in South Dakota and I get Augie wanting to become Sioux Falls' college team. I think that is going to be a difficult task. Selfishly, I enjoy the NSU vs Augie games for basketball and believe we could have a similar rivalry in football if NSU can build up that program. As long as that sweet, sweet Denny money keeps coming in, I'm sure Augie will get where they want to be someday. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Vikings, but yes it has been a bit of a strange story so far.

Comment

• Any word if the 2021-2022 nsu basketball roster is now set, or if Saul is still looking for more players to add?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                      Any word if the 2021-2022 nsu basketball roster is now set, or if Saul is still looking for more players to add?
                      Are you asking in this thread because you know something we don't?

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

What's strange is that since their D1 announcement, several D2 schools have moved up to D1. It's not a very good look for the school.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Are you asking in this thread because you know something we don't?

Comment

• Congrats to incoming Viking Alex Distras on winning the Hoopsfix All-Star Classic 3-Point Shootout. Sounds like the event was the 19u all-star game for UK players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                              Any word if the 2021-2022 nsu basketball roster is now set, or if Saul is still looking for more players to add?
                              No idk...why? Should we add more?

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

No idk...why? Should we add more?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X