Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

A few years ago it would have seemed ridiculous for D2 teams to need to win national championships with freshman phenoms too, but (other than Northwest Missouri State) it seems most teams will have to make their biggest strides when their best players are young before they transfer up to the next level.
    Freshmen and drops more like. Every move up takes a roster spot from somebody.

Comment

• I know this is a basketball thread, but no one ever talks about baseball on this board except the Central Missouri faithful. I just read a USAToday article that Augustana's shortstop hit 7 homeruns in 2 games this weekend. I don't even care if they were playing the local high school JV team, that's a little bit impressive. Okay, that's all... sorry for the detour. Back to hoops!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
        I know this is a basketball thread, but no one ever talks about baseball on this board except the Central Missouri faithful. I just read a USAToday article that Augustana's shortstop hit 7 homeruns in 2 games this weekend. I don't even care if they were playing the local high school JV team, that's a little bit impressive. Okay, that's all... sorry for the detour. Back to hoops!
        Had his own segment on SportsCenter the other night

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
          I know this is a basketball thread, but no one ever talks about baseball on this board except the Central Missouri faithful. I just read a USAToday article that Augustana's shortstop hit 7 homeruns in 2 games this weekend. I don't even care if they were playing the local high school JV team, that's a little bit impressive. Okay, that's all... sorry for the detour. Back to hoops!
          On the opposite end of the spectrum an Augustana pitcher tossed a perfect game last week, the second one in school history.

Comment

• Alex Distras has committed to play basketball at Augie.

https://twitter.com/a_distras/status...430706177?s=19

Comment

• Originally posted by AU Vikings View Post
              Alex Distras has committed to play basketball at Augie.

https://twitter.com/a_distras/status...430706177?s=19
              Always hard to gauge kids from overseas, but it looks like he played this last year in the U.S. Don't want to overhype him or anything, but this tweet is certainly encouraging:

Comment

Always hard to gauge kids from overseas, but it looks like he played this last year in the U.S. Don't want to overhype him or anything, but this tweet is certainly encouraging:

Looks like they're playing in a prison gym. That place looks awful.

Comment

When is the last time an Augustana recruit was overhyped? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

When is the last time an Augustana recruit was overhyped? :)
                    The last time Augie got a PG from her majesty's kingdom they won a National Championship. Facts only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

The last time Augie got a PG from her majesty's kingdom they won a National Championship. Facts only.

Comment

• Official GoAugie.com release on Distras's signing: https://goaugie.com/news/2021/5/18/m...x-distras.aspx

Tom Billeter has announced the addition of Alex Distras to the 2021-22 roster. Distras is a 6-0 point guard from London, England, and spent a prep season at Scotland Prep in Pennsylvania. He has also competed for the Great Britain U16 and U18 teams at the European Championships.

"We are excited to add another point guard from England to our program," Billeter said. "Alex comes to us after a year at one of the best prep schools in the country. Scotland Prep in Pennsylvania has a great reputation as their head coach, Chris Chaney, has over 800 career victories.

"I'm sure our fans are going to thoroughly enjoy Alex and will welcome him warmly to our community."

Across the pond in the UK, Distras averaged 31.7 points, 5.0 assists and 4.7 steals per game for Haringey 6th Form College and the Academy Basketball League. He earned the National Cup MVP while leading his team to the National Cup Championship.

In addition to his impressive prep career, Distras has also seen success on the travel circuit where he earned a ranking of No. 5 point guard from the Deng Camp in 2020 and led the European Youth League in scoring at 28 points per game.

Distras joins two other newcomers to the Viking roster next season as Zac Johnson and Angelo Winkel signed their National Letters' of Intent in November.

Comment

• Comment

• I will believe it when they ice a team. With so many schools dropping hockey right now and all the "rumors" of teams supposedly on the path to starting programs, it is hard to get excited about these type of stories.
                            Millsy

Comment

• Originally posted by Millsy View Post

I will believe it when they ice a team. With so many schools dropping hockey right now and all the "rumors" of teams supposedly on the path to starting programs, it is hard to get excited about these type of stories.
                              I posted three questions on another thread. Where would it fit on campus? What are the Title IX implications? How can they move hockey to D1 but wait four more years for their other sports?

I won't hold my breath.

Comment

• Augustana Confirms Plans to Start D-I Hockey Program : College Hockey News

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X