Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 MIAA Thread

Originally posted by hoopster View Post
    That's more of an indication of pace of place. NW allows opponents to shoot 48.5% from the field which is 13 out of 14 in the conference. They aren't very good defensively right now. I'm comfortable guessing they will be much better in February and March.
    Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent1 View Post
    NW is allowing 66.2 ppg (44th in D2)

Upper Iowa: scored 65 (Averaging 79.3 ppg in all other games) 14 points under
    Northern State: scored 60 (Averaging 71.3 ppg in all other games) 11 points under
    Metro State: scored 58 (Averaging 74.7 ppg in all other games) 16 points under
    Truman State: scored 70 (Averaging 82.5 ppg in all other games) 12 points under
    Washburn: scored 78 (Averaging 74.3 ppg in all other games) 4 points over

Seems like they are playing good defense to me, just facing some tough offenses. So let's cool it on the "Northwest defense isn't very good defensively" talk.
    The outlier stats v. NSU are included so when looking at the stats it's hard to tell. What is the ppp defensively? Hasn't NW played a fairly difficult schedule thus far? Raw numbers show 5 more 2 ptrs have been made thus far on the season based on last season's pace. The 3pt defense has actually regressed more than the 2 pt defense thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
      I thought Robbie Ballard's 49 point outburst against the Bearcats in 2003 was the greatest performance in MIAA history considering the opponents and history. But Ballard was a pretty one dimensional shooting guard and only had one assist that game. Pitts is on another level.
      Last year at Lincoln U., Anthony Virdure had 50 pts against the Bearcats, with 18-28 FG, 6-8 3pt. He did only have 1 assist, however. Still quite a night as he could not miss, it seemed.

Comment

Bearcat defense shines in a 60 - 47 win over U. Central Oklahoma. The Bearcats are 8-0 overall and 2-0 in league play.

Comment

Comment

Everything bodes well for NW. You guys are all sandbagging worse than me (no small feat) if any of you Bearcat fans believe otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
              Everything bodes well for NW. You guys are all sandbagging worse than me (no small feat) if any of you Bearcat fans believe otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Catillac View Post
                For instance, UCO scored 35 points in the second half yesterday. Lots to clean up.........
                That's like a medieval times king being upset that someone left a stem in one of his grapes.

Unless I'm mistaken (and as much as it pains me to say this), I think the last team to go undefeated was the '08 Winona team. Even if you drop a game or two, there's no reason not to keep you in the lead for "most likely to win the 2017-18 National Championship." If giving up 35 points in a single half is one of the main areas of concern, you guys shouldn't worry too much.

Also, Pitts is a robot anyway. As long as the coaches keep some WD-40 handy and remember to plug him in the night before a game day to fully charge his battery, he is also going to be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                  That's like a medieval times king being upset that someone left a stem in one of his grapes.

Unless I'm mistaken (and as much as it pains me to say this), I think the last team to go undefeated was the '08 Winona team. Even if you drop a game or two, there's no reason not to keep you in the lead for "most likely to win the 2017-18 National Championship." If giving up 35 points in a single half is one of the main areas of concern, you guys shouldn't worry too much.

Also, Pitts is a robot anyway. As long as the coaches keep some WD-40 handy and remember to plug him in the night before a game day to fully charge his battery, he is also going to be just fine.

Comment

A statement of fact:

Pitts is averaging exactly the same minutes per game this season as he did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                      A statement of fact:

Pitts is averaging exactly the same minutes per game this season as he did last year.
                      Last year to date, or last year total?

Comment

Last year to date, or last year total?
                        Last year total he averaged 35.2 mpg, this year to date he averages 35.2mpg.

Comment

Comment

The last 9 games last year Pitts averaged 40.11 minutes a game. Played all 120 minutes in MIAA tourney and all 120 minutes at the Elite 8. Played 121 minutes in the 3 games during the regional tourney. Pretty impressive considering how much energy he expends on the offensive end of the court. Maybe Mr. Augustana is right; Pitts may just be like the Energizer bunny.......

Comment

The last 9 games last year Pitts averaged 40.11 minutes a game. Played all 120 minutes in MIAA tourney and all 120 minutes at the Elite 8. Played 121 minutes in the 3 games during the regional tourney. Pretty impressive considering how much energy he expends on the offensive end of the court. Maybe Mr. Augustana is right; Pitts may just be like the Energizer bunny.......
                              The first 8 games of the year last year he averaged 40 minutes per game - the OT win over Upper Iowa allowed him to make up the three minutes he missed in the other 7 games. He must have really been loafing during the MIAA season. :)

Comment

He gets to rest when he walks the ball up court on offense! :)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X