Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Moment(s) in Your Team's History

So I'm totally stealing this idea from cavsfan94 over in the Football forum's "General Discussion" section, but I thought it was cool and might lead to some fun discussion.

The topic is, "Greatest Moment(s) in Your Team's History," and it seemed like a fun idea.

Augie has a few to throw out there, but two of my all-time favorites would have to be Cameron McCaffrey's game-winner against Winona in 2010 after single-handedly bringing the Vikings back from down 14 with just under 5 minutes to go, culminating in this crazy shot:

Only regret is that I wasn't present for that game.

Maybe my all-time favorite moment that I actually was present for was the Klepatz-to-Krogman-to-Foster game-winning three in the 2009 Regional Tournament over St. Cloud. Still the only place I can ever find the video is from this really old KELOLAND story that has yet to be archived:

http://www.keloland.com/news/article...st-second-shot

The atmosphere after that win was completely insane and the general euphoria was contagious. Plus, as an Augie fan, that entire tournament was just really fun. Up until the loss to SMSU in the regional championship, obviously. But the rest of it was really fun.

There are several more Greatest Moments for Augie fans (obviously a National Championship win would have to be one of them too), but I'll see if anybody else wants to throw some out there before I add a few more that are floating around in my mind.

How about fans from other schools? National Championships for the Winona crew, I'm sure. Maybe Witt's 44 points in the Elite Eight for the SCSU crowd? Some crazy Kevin Ratzsch moment/game I'm not aware of, NSU fans?

Can you guys tell I'm ready for the boards to get a little more active again?

Re: Greatest Moment(s) in Your Team's History

#1 is the 2009 National Championship for the MSU women.

#2 would be when the MSU men went to the Elite 8 in 2011.

One of the wildest non-MSU games that I was ever at was when Southwest won in St. Cloud at the buzzer in the regional championship game against the Huskies.

Comment

I'd have to put the '09 regional championship up there at the top (has it really been almost 8 years???)

Comment

My all-time favorite would be the 1998 regional championship at Frost Arena over the SDSU Jacks. Ryan Miller put on an unbelievable shooting performance with 45 points.

http://www.kdlt.com/sports/miller-ti...ories/41376768
        The complete game can be seen at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMRSCptMuCo

Comment

2003 MIAA tournament-the first to be held in KC. Both MWSU teams made the final, with the women losing and the men winning. The point guard from that men's team, Larry Taylor, played for Brazil in the 2012 Olympics.

http://www.gogriffons.com/news/2012/...906121658.aspx

Comment

As a UCM fan I know I should go with the National Championship game. Confetti falling on you is really cool. But that wasn't my favorite win. I attended all but 4 games that magical season.

Their second game in Sioux Falls, Preston Brunz showed off his defense during the 1st half then hit some huge quick-release 3's to keep the Mules in the game. Brennen Hughes had a huge block at the buzzer to seal the win. He looked so surprised that the ball was in his hands after the horn blew. That year was supposed to be a rebuilding year for the Mules. The way they played as a team and won those close games to kick off their season you could just sense the good yet to come.

Often when people talk about that Mules team they talk about Hammork or Robinson. All the guys on that team had special things they gave to the team, but Hughes gutting out the season after injuring his knee at the Quincey game. I do not think the Mules would have gotten to the Elite 8 without him hobbling down the court for his rotation with Deck.

Comment

It's tough for me to pick a single moment as there have been many. I think the comeback against Mankato in the 2006 regional sticks out as something I'll never forget. But, I have to go with the moment you realize that you're watching a small DII program that you have followed for years on CBS and seeing them win a national title. It's pretty sweet.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X