Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
    Today, the Huskies play the Dustdevils from Laredo TX (Texas A & M International University). I guess their nickname truly represents their locale.
    Huskies should have used a Dust Buster.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
      SCSU beaten again today 64-61. Not a good start to the season, 0-3.
      4-32 from three? Holy **** that's terrible

Comment

Originally posted by Husky View Post
        4-32 from three? Holy **** that's terrible
        Years ago the MSU women seemed to shoot nothing but threes- and usually lost. We were driving to Mankato to the Saturday game after they had shot something like 3-23 the night before. The radio announcer asked her what the biggest problem was that they didn't SHOOT enough threes. My brother goes- "Yes, then they would have been 3-30."

Comment

Rough start for the Huskies. On the plus side, none of these three losses counts as an in-region loss, right?

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
            Rough start for the Huskies. On the plus side, none of these three losses counts as an in-region loss, right?
            I don't think so, but isn't there something about teams on border regions counting in your in-region record. I don't know, it just sucks coming 0-3 when they had started so strong in game 1 and were up 15 at half. Straight down the shatter after that. Need to change that up this weekend against some true in-region competition.

Comment

Good one for you maybe as your winona boys got a win. Ish, that one hurts.

It didn't seem that SCSU was ever in this one. Down 13 at a couple of points in the first half, worked it down to 8 at halftime. Then went down by as much as 17 in the second half. They really need to end this trip 1-2.
              Listed to most of the game. Like you said WT got up early and SCSU was never really able to get back into it. They did get it down to 4 for 1 possession in the second half but it never felt like WT was in danger of losing the lead. Runs are just part of the game. Anyway I know I am biased but WT is a pretty good team this year. They are picked to finish 4th in the conference but I could see them winning it if they stay healthy and continue to play as a team. They have everyone back from a 21 win team last year and have added White back into the rotation after medical red shirt last year along with Skylar coming down for one final year from WSU. They now have some depth that they were lacking in past 2 seasons to go along with experience since most of these kids were FR and SO last year.

Was not expecting SCSU to lose yesterday though. Tough to win when you go 4-34 from 3. Just one of those days I guess. From what I was told SCSU has some players though. Davis is tough but heard he can lose interest when things are not going right for him so that will need to change and then the shooters will need to make some shots for them. SCSU needs to find that big guy that requires some attention down low. The past couple of years they have been down is because they do not have that stud they usually have and would help open it up some for these shooters. Not all is lost, its only 3 games.

Comment

Any guesses on where the Huskies will be ranked in the next poll?

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                  My interpretation:
                  All opponents within your geographic region are in-region contests.

That means that since the Central Region includes Arkansas, the game against AR-Fort Smith would be an in-region contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                    Any guesses on where the Huskies will be ranked in the next poll?
                    Closer to where they actually should have been rated in the first poll.

Comment

Watched a little bit of your good pal Jordan Poydras tonight in the CBI, since I follow Wyoming somewhat and that's who his team was playing. He's averaging about 11 ppg this year for Utah Valley, had 9 pts on 3-10 shooting tonight in his last college game.

Comment on Poydras from a Wyoming fan: "#10 on UVU was such a stupid loser pile of crap." Had a good chuckle when I read that!

Oh, and as for this from the first post...

Thought I'd go get this started. Although it will probably be one of the least acted on on here.
                      Had to go all the way to the last page of threads to find this, so good call simple.

Comment

You wouldn't find many people around the SCSU program who would disagree with that sentiment on Jordan.

And while you were doing that I was sitting in the same group with Mr.'s Smith and Barnes at Williams Arena taking in the Class AA state tourney games.

Comment

You wouldn't find many people around the SCSU program who would disagree with that sentiment on Jordan.

And while you were doing that I was sitting in the same group with Mr.'s Smith and Barnes at Williams Arena taking in the Class AA state tourney games.
                          Not his best game, but what did you make of Stevin Lipp? That C-I big man looked pretty good but tough to tell on my phone, ha

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                            Not his best game, but what did you make of Stevin Lipp? That C-I big man looked pretty good but tough to tell on my phone, ha
                            He was solid. Is that the kid going to NDSU for football #52?

Comment

He was solid. Is that the kid going to NDSU for football #52?
                              Carson Yaggie is #4 for Breckenridge, he is a walk on QB for NDSU next year. #22 I Stevin Lipp, he is the one who had put up 30+ a few time and a school record 41 against Waubun. Has a ton of dunks on the year. I know, doesn't mean he is great, has a lot to work on but could become a good player. #5 is only a sophomore and has good height, not a typical post but very slim. He is the one I'd watch to maybe get some possible d2 looks IF he grows into that body and keeps developing.

I'm not sure on the C-I kid, just seems like one who should play somewhere.

Comment

If I remember the right player, #52 from CI is going to NDSU for football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X