Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
    Simple: The press release did not mention any stats or honors from the two JCs. I did notice he is sporting Husky gear in the photo. Do you have any inside scoop beyond this press release?
    No, Matt actually knows better than to give me too much info.

Comment

SCSU signs another. But it sounds as if he will redshirt next year.

http://scsuhuskies.com/index.aspx?path=mbball&

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
        No, Matt actually knows better than to give me too much info.
        I know how you feel....

Comment

SCSU has added 2 more bodies to its roster besides the 3 signees, that it announced this past spring.
          Oliver Ehrnvall 6'8" junior forward from Sweden who last played at Indian River Community College
          Aleksa Dobrijevic 6'7" sophomore forward from Belgrade, Serbia who last played at Southwest Mississippi C.C.(same school that gave us Sean Smith)

https://scsuhuskies.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Comment

SCSU has added 2 more bodies to its roster besides the 3 signees, that it announced this past spring.
            Oliver Ehrnvall 6'8" junior forward from Sweden who last played at Indian River Community College
            Aleksa Dobrijevic 6'7" sophomore forward from Belgrade, Serbia who last played at Southwest Mississippi C.C.(same school that gave us Sean Smith)

https://scsuhuskies.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Comment

Well, first off, these guys played at schools in the states last....secondly, I cant think of any schools in the NSIC that haven't had a player from a different country. Also, you dont have to fly overseas to convince a player to come. Sometimes they come see you, and sometimes they are so thrilled to have interest they just take a chance on a coach that former a relationship with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                a huge recruiting budget to be flying all over the globe in search of talent.
                Its called "fat stacks of booster provided cash", muh boy. :)

And you're welcome. :)
                Last edited by simple as a $3 bill; 08-28-2018, 11:43 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                  Well, first off, these guys played at schools in the states last....secondly, I cant think of any schools in the NSIC that haven't had a player from a different country. Also, you dont have to fly overseas to convince a player to come. Sometimes they come see you, and sometimes they are so thrilled to have interest they just take a chance on a coach that former a relationship with them.
                  Attila Santos from Brazil and The Pyramid from Egypt come to mind for MSU-Mankato.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                    Attila Santos from Brazil and The Pyramid from Egypt come to mind for MSU-Mankato.
                    Yeah, if any of our foreigners can be half as good as either of those two, we'll be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                      My response was intended to be a joke....:)

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                        My response was intended to be a joke....:)
                        My bad, ha

Comment

Pre-season award for Gage Davis. Means next to nothing, but nice to get. Now go and live up to it.

https://scsuhuskies.com/news/2018/10...-american.aspx

Comment

Pre-season award for Gage Davis. Means next to nothing, but nice to get. Now go and live up to it.

https://scsuhuskies.com/news/2018/10...-american.aspx
                            Been a while since SCSU has come into a season with such high expectations. From what I've read, they're the favorites to win the region and maybe even the national title. :)

Comment

This part stood out to me:

The Huskies were ranked No. 9 in Smith and Streets preseason top-25 poll.

I thought S&S typically ranked SCSU at number 8 in their preseason polls... Must be a new guy doing it this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                                This part stood out to me:

The Huskies were ranked No. 9 in Smith and Streets preseason top-25 poll.

I thought S&S typically ranked SCSU at number 8 in their preseason polls... Must be a new guy doing it this year.
                                They were #8 but Simple's ballot ranking them 301 bumped them down to #9.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X