X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MIAA - NSIC Hoops - The Dells - JustAgame Fieldhouse

Originally posted by MoHoops View Post
    Toucanbird -- Any recommendations?
    I'm not Toucanbird (obviously) but I have stayed at both Christmas Mountain Village and The Wilderness a number of times. CMV is pretty nice depending on the type of unit you are in. Wilderness is also decent. But I was only a guest there, never an employee like The Bird, so I don't know any of the behind the scenes issues.

Edit: go to Moose Jaw pizza and brewery. Good food and beer there.

Comment

Despite a short bench, if the Lions don't come away from the Dells with a pair of dubs then color me shocked. Lots of athleticism and defensive skills there to make people forget about the offensive prowess they won't possess.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
        Now that I have posted the negative facts, I hope this year's recruits work out better than several of last year's and the Mules return to being a top team in the MIAA. The coaches think the Mules will be a little better (9th), I'm hoping for better than that. Barring an injury to "you know who", the battle is for second place in the MIAA this season.
        If "you know who" is Pitts, then you should be aware he has sat out scrimmages and practice during the preseason. I think it is the coaching staff being cautious. Hopefully he is good to go, as we don't need a repeat perform from last year against Upper Iowa. I'm curious who gets Crooker's minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mufasa View Post
          Despite a short bench, if the Lions don't come away from the Dells with a pair of dubs then color me shocked. Lots of athleticism and defensive skills there to make people forget about the offensive prowess they won't possess.
          Defense wins championships.

Comment

Lindenwood looked really solid this weekend against Bemidji State and Duluth. They play great defense, and showed signs of being able to make the three consistently. Larson-Gulsvig has that intense personality that I thought the team would lack this season without Arensten. He took over yesterday's game against Duluth, and that takeover mentality could prove rewarding for this team.

The Lions could be sneaky in the MIAA this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mufasa View Post
              Lindenwood looked really solid this weekend against Bemidji State and Duluth. They play great defense, and showed signs of being able to make the three consistently. Larson-Gulsvig has that intense personality that I thought the team would lack this season without Arensten. He took over yesterday's game against Duluth, and that takeover mentality could prove rewarding for this team.

The Lions could be sneaky in the MIAA this season.
              LWU did look good this weekend. My thoughts are...I don't recall the names of all the players, but bear with me.

2 (McIntosh??) is a nice player, but seemed pretty soft spoken. As a senior, this is his team. He knocked down some big shots, and will be one of the better shooters in the league this year.
              3 and 11 are gritty guards that do a nice job of distributing the ball and keep the offense moving. In the first game they made the game for Dobbs with all the passes he got down low.
              Dobbs is going to be a nice player for you for the next four years. A big guy that is pretty active and will only get better in the paint.
              10 is a nice player. The Richmond transfer can create his own shot at the cup and has a lot of energy. Give him the award for best Val Kilmer look a like as Iceman too!
              31 is the kind of player that other team fans are going to try to get into his head as much as they can. He had a great game against Duluth but so so against Bemidji. At one point in the Duluth game he was screaming at his team mates to reverse the ball to his side. I made the comment to the guy next to me that I could not believe a freshman was so vocal...maybe that is not all bad. Anyway...he can shoot, but I know I will try to get into his head when he comes to the multi. :)

I talked a little to your coach after the game on Friday and told him I was impressed with what they did for so many underclassmen. It will be interesting to see how they handle the rigors of the MIAA schedule throughout the season. But I do think they have some nice parts to work with.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X