Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northwest vs Augie

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Too bad there had to be a half tonight...NW was blowing Augie out of the gym when time expired at the half. I know they'd make a run on us. Congrats to NW on a great win and kudos to Bearcat Nation on such a great turnout!
    Augustana University are still the National Champions! Time will tell if the Bearcats have the fortitude and skill to end up #1 in all of D2 basketball.

Comment

Re: Northwest vs Augie

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
      Augustana University are still the National Champions! Time will tell if the Bearcats have the fortitude and skill to end up #1 in all of D2 basketball.
      Those almost sound like fightin' words, but I think NWFanatic was complimenting us. :)

That being said, NWMSU definitely was solid last night. If that other guard/forward (#20 I think) can develop any sort of jumper as the year goes on, they'll be even more formidable. I noticed several of our guys defending him were able to sag 3-4 feet off of him out on the perimeter and he didn't seem to know what to do. Eventually he'd just charge at the basket and usually either finish or draw the foul.

But overall, the Bearcats are solid and well rounded. Not sure if they really have any sort of true big man presence, but they may not need one with their style of play. I haven't seen some of the other top teams in the region (specifically NSIC teams like Mankato, Moorhead, etc.), so as of now NWMSU is still my early season favorite to host the Regional. And I think if they make it out of the region, they just might have the tools to make a run beyond the Round of 16.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X