Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon men get the 67-64 road win without their leading scorer. First win at Central since 2011. Women lead much of the first three quarters but fall late 62-53.

Comment

• Comment

• Injuries and illness caught up with the Griffon men at Lincoln, losing by 23 without TC, Glover, Thames and with Eames leaving early. The women got the relatively easy win, so both are 1-1 in conference.

Comment

• TC back in action, but played just 20 minutes with foul trouble and the Griffons fall at Illinois-Springfield 90-76.

The women with a gut-check OT win in the road doubleheader, surrendering a significant lead in regulation but scoring 20 points in the extra period for the 84-77 win.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
            TC back in action, but played just 20 minutes with foul trouble and the Griffons fall at Illinois-Springfield 90-76.

The women with a gut-check OT win in the road doubleheader, surrendering a significant lead in regulation but scoring 20 points in the extra period for the 84-77 win.
            Put up 20 in the 5 minute OT? Impressive!

Comment

• Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Put up 20 in the 5 minute OT? Impressive!
              Yep - of course they gave up 13. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Yep - of course they gave up 13. :)
                So, what you're saying is...not a lot of Defense played in OT! :)

Comment

• Impressive win for the Griffon men to start 2020 with a sweep at Looney.

Comment

• Women move to 9-0 at home, and the men 5-0, with the doubleheader sweep over Northeastern.

Gritty OT win for the men, 76-71. TC kept them alive in the first half, then disappeared in the second before going on a 7-0 run in OT to help seal the deal. Solid defensive effort--NSU had six more offensive rebounds than MWSU, 20-14, but MWSU got more second-chance points, 23-21. The Griffons do not make the return trip to NSU or Rogers State, so these were two big wins.

The women led 19-7 after the first quarter and never looked back, winning 85-63. Really defended well in the first half.

Comment

• Your announcer is fun to listen to in tight games, and Tom Smith is absolutely awesome with his insight!

Comment

• Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                        Your announcer is fun to listen to in tight games, and Tom Smith is absolutely awesome with his insight!
                        Agreed!

Comment

• Comment

• Washburn made twice as many FTs as the Griffons attempted last night.

Meanwhile the Griffon women continue to roll.

Comment

• I absolutely love what Mo West does with their social media. I've seen more clips and posts from them than I have Northern over the past 2 seasons. Sunny is great for content, but they seem to have the same coverage for all of their sports. I didn't know anything about the Griffons prior to Sunny's arrival, but I'd have to believe fans are pleased with the direction of the program. Consider me a fan and I'd love to see a matchup someday between the 2 programs.

Comment

• Both teams fall behind early at Emporia Saturday and didn't have enough in the tank to complete the comeback. The women scored 34 points in the fourth quarter to get what had been a 22-point deficit down to three with less than a minute to play, but the Hornets hit their free throws to seal the deal 74-70.

The men made their run a little earlier, but likewise got no closer than 3 points with 7 minutes to play and ESU pulled away 81-68.

A full week between games before going to Maryville Saturday.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X