Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MWSU

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Good thing this is D2 basketball and gets moderate local coverage at best. The media jackals and SJWs would be all over The Juice Man for calling Chun-Li, "Chin Li" :)

That angle provided no view of the foul in question. But like MrWizard, I am also being called a liar since I've seen that call/play many times. It is exactly why they created the rule against doing that.

Should have added a CGI board for the ref to kick through. That was certainly not a passive call.
    Wonder if Simple can do that move.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
      He'll need to post video to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        Might be the reason he had to have his recent surgery.

Comment

The Griffon men limited SBU to 17 points in the first half, but gave up 54 in the second and saw a lead that was as much as 18 dwindle to single digits a couple of times. But they played well enough offensively, hit some free throws, and won 85-71. Very balanced scoring - Carroll, Hightower, Hudson and Jones had 19, 18, 17 and 16 respectively. Seventh road win of the year - the most road wins since 2001-2002, I think I just heard them say on the radio.

Griffon women gave up at least 20 points in each quarter to give up 82 points, the second-highest point total of the year. Leading scorer Roenfeldt scored just 3 points late. Richardson with a season-high 22 points.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
            The Griffon men limited SBU to 17 points in the first half, but gave up 54 in the second and saw a lead that was as much as 18 dwindle to single digits a couple of times. But they played well enough offensively, hit some free throws, and won 85-71. Very balanced scoring - Carroll, Hightower, Hudson and Jones had 19, 18, 17 and 16 respectively. Seventh road win of the year - the most road wins since 2001-2002, I think I just heard them say on the radio.

Griffon women gave up at least 20 points in each quarter to give up 82 points, the second-highest point total of the year. Leading scorer Roenfeldt scored just 3 points late. Richardson with a season-high 22 points.
            Nice win for Griff men.

Comment

Seven road wins for the Griffon men is second in the conference to Northwest Missouri State (8).

Comment

Seven road wins for the Griffon men is second in the conference to Northwest Missouri State (8).
                Such a strange season for the Griffons. Opposite of what you'd expect for most teams... 7-4 on the road is impressive, 2-9 at home is confusing. If they got the right coach, continue to be road dogs and start winning at home in the next couple of years, you have the makings of something dangerous in St. Joseph.

Comment

Tough afternoon in Warrensburg. Men trailed by as many as 13 in the second half, led by 7 with 3 minutes to go, and end up losing by 3. Crucial loss: To get to KC, the men probably need to win at least one and maybe both games against the top two teams in the region and get some help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da6dJq6S7jU

Not a strong defensive effort for the women, losing by 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFnLhU6hYSs

The women are in better shape for the conference tournament, tied for 8th two games ahead of the two teams tied for 10th.

Comment

Tough afternoon in Warrensburg. Men trailed by as many as 13 in the second half, led by 7 with 3 minutes to go, and end up losing by 3. Crucial loss: To get to KC, the men probably need to win at least one and maybe both games against the top two teams in the region and get some help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da6dJq6S7jU

Not a strong defensive effort for the women, losing by 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFnLhU6hYSs

The women are in better shape for the conference tournament, tied for 8th two games ahead of the two teams tied for 10th.
                    Yep tough losses for the men. Couldn't help but think of tom smith and his "Waterloo" reference he used to use.

Comment

Hell of an effort against Northwest. Finish a couple of layups, hit a couple of FTs, get a couple of breaks, and it could have been a huge win. With five minutes left, it felt like another game that was going to turn into a blowout for the Bearcats after a competitive first half. Pretty excited by the effort.

20 points and 7 rebounds in 20 minutes - that second half was as good as Lavon has played in a couple of weeks. Not sure how long he's been fighting the turf toe, but he seemed to put it all aside when we needed it.

Good to see the women punch their ticket to KC - they needed some good feeling down the stretch. Not KT's greatest offensive game, but she kept fighting and finished with 18 points and 7 steals.

Comment

Missouri Western building on Wicks' first season: http://www.newspressnow.com/sports/c...4eec6f6ab.html

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a path to KC for the men even with a win at Washburn. They would be ahead of SBU in a two-way tie (split two games h2h, Western with a better record against WU), but if it's just a two-way tie that means there are 10 teams with 8 wins and they are both out in the cold. Any other scenario and Missouri Western would lose the h2h because they got swept by UCM and lost the one game to Emporia.

But they won't finish #DFL, so at least there's that.

Comment

Western is making their way back. The new vibrant coach should help with recruiting.

For the Griffons in 2018-19, it's sort of a shame to be so close but miss the tourney. A banked in 3 by Central at the buzzer may turn out to be the killer, but you guys came closer than anyone else to giving Northwest a conference loss.

Comment

Saying goodbye to three seniors:

https://twitter.com/gogriffons/statu...07539737264128

All in all, a solid start to the Wicks era. One win over a probable tournament team (Fairmont State, finished 2nd in the Mountain East Conference). Competitive games with the top three teams in the conference. Lost four of the last five, all four by 3 or less.

(FWIW, this comment on Facebook from the mother in the 'incident' at Northwest would seem to indicate it was much ado about nothing: "Thanks coach for the love and guidance that you given to my son B HUD and all of these very special young men. I love you all and I wish you all the best.")

The women advance to the tournament as the No. 9 seed, playing Nebraska-Kearney, a team that beat the Griffs by 9 in the only meeting of the season, at Kearney. Missouri Western knocked off the Lopers last year in the first round as the first No. 12 seed to win a game in the tournament.

Comment

(FWIW, this comment on Facebook from the mother in the 'incident' at Northwest would seem to indicate it was much ado about nothing: "Thanks coach for the love and guidance that you given to my son B HUD and all of these very special young men. I love you all and I wish you all the best.")
                              That's good to hear... thank you for sharing that. I agree that it was a good first season by all accounts and I think the Griffs are headed in the right direction. The new coach has definitely infused a level of excitement to the program that has been missing for a while and has something to build on. I mentioned it somewhere else, that freshman guard you have is really talented too... there are some pieces to grow this thing. I think there will be a lot of intense nail biter games like the one at Northwest this year in the near future, which is bad for the blood pressure, but good for the rivalry.

Comment

Women's coach Rob Edmisson resigns after seven seasons, including an MIAA championship and regional tournament appearance in 2016:

https://gogriffons.com/news/2019/3/2...signation.aspx

The video here is, as always, very much worth a watch.

Edited: I misread the press release - they were in the regional tournament but didn't make the final.
                                Last edited by GrifFan; 03-20-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X