Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuing my previous post. It will be interesting to see who hosts the regional this year because the GAC has a couple of strong teams along with MO Southern and NWMS. The last three years it has been dominated by NWMS but this year the top team in the Central Region is more wide open

Comment

• Comment

• This is the nice part about Coach Horner's willingness to schedule tough out of conference. It gives teams like Truman the chance to root for the better teams in a league like MSSU, NWMSU and WU, because any good regional wins (and not a "bad" regional loss) help. So count us big fans of the Lions, Bearcats and Ichabods the rest of the way!

Comment

• Comment

• We need to win some of these close games to prove to ourselves that we can win a close game and have the killer instinct to do so. That lack of killer instinct is my concern right now.

Comment

• A take on the game from a fan of the other team.

1. Southern shot too many 3's. 23 of the 43 fga were from 3 and they only hit 4 of the 23 (17%). Lambert was 0-7 and Clark 0-5. I thought the Lions (like most everyone the Mules play) had the size advantage on the inside but they didn't capitalize on it because ...

2. Martin's foul trouble. The double foul that resulted in #4 for both Martin & Pinkley occured at 13:52. Martin did not return until 6:00. He did not foul out so it can be argued that Southern left minutes from Martin "on the table" when they didn't need to. We can argue the coaching philosophy of benching players with 4 fouls for long periods of time. Lots of coaches do it. But I've always agreed with style of taking them out and letting them settle down. Maybe have a little discussion about playing with 4 fouls. Wait a few minutes, maybe in this case the under 10 TO, then put them back in and let them play. If they foul out fine, you play without them because you "had to". As it was the most important player on either team sat for almost 8 minutes because you "chose to". 22 minutes from Martin who averages 27 was huge factor in the game.

Comment

• Comment

• The MIAA is going to get really interesting. MO Southern and NWMS play twice, Southern plays Wash and Wash has to also go to NWMS and MO West and the Bods have to go on the road and play both Rogers St and Northeastern St. Of the top 5 or 6 teams in the conf currently, I think UNK has the most favorable schedule. Should be a fun Feb.

Comment

• Not a good first half by MOSO. Coach Boschee has been talking about the other team being mentally tougher than us after the last two games. Now Washburns announcers are even calling you out MOSO. Talking about Washburn being mentally tougher and wanting it more than us. Time to answer the wakeup call!!!

Comment

• We did. 91-87 win after trailing 34-47 at the half. 18-0 run was huge.

big Cam with 40 and 10, plus 3 blocks.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• We bounced back and recovered well on Saturday. But this week will be even tougher with those same two teams on the road. NW is ... NW. We're in trouble Thursday night. Missouri Western is even tougher (and undefeated) at home than they are on the road. This will be a huge challenge to avoid a two-game losing streak.

Comment

• Just for conversation What level can Cam Martin play professionally. I remember Matt Rodgers from SBU in the Development League now called the G league. Any thoughts?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X