X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA Preseason Polls

Coaches and Media Polls are out.

https://bearcatsports.com/news/2019/...ason-poll.aspx

I don't think there is anything suprising with the poll selection. NWMS has to be #1 with 4 starters back and a Natty and MO South has to be #2 with all 5 starters back. I was suprised that Mo West and Emporia State were not picked higher. Both of those new coaches, Wicks and Doty, have created alot of excitement. I expected them to be picked higher. Washburn and FHSU both #3 and #4 are expected but both programs lost alot. It is always a mixed bag on Pitt State with the media picking them high but the coaches not so much. I also expect Northeastern State to be much better and they were picked in the upper half by the coaches. I expect Rogers State to be better than where they were picked. They have brought in several D-1 transfers. Should be an exciting year in the MIAA.

Comment

UCM basketball, thanks to Coach Klink and AD Jerry Hughes, will no doubt be tits up by the middle of January.....screw it. After a successful Mules football season, I'm jumping over to watch the Mules baseball team make another run at a national championship. .

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
        I don't think there is anything suprising with the poll selection. NWMS has to be #1 with 4 starters back and a Natty and MO South has to be #2 with all 5 starters back. I was suprised that Mo West and Emporia State were not picked higher. Both of those new coaches, Wicks and Doty, have created alot of excitement. I expected them to be picked higher. Washburn and FHSU both #3 and #4 are expected but both programs lost alot. It is always a mixed bag on Pitt State with the media picking them high but the coaches not so much. I also expect Northeastern State to be much better and they were picked in the upper half by the coaches. I expect Rogers State to be better than where they were picked. They have brought in several D-1 transfers. Should be an exciting year in the MIAA.
        I was surprised by the MoWest slotting too... 12th in the coaches especially! I really think they're trending upwards more than that... I think Sundance is doing some good things and that freshman guard from last year is going to be even a bigger handful this year. You can't argue the top 2, but I'd probably said MoSo #1, but I always tend to lean toward the other team, so that I'm not disappointed. Is that sandbagging? Lol. Joey is a big loss. If we hit a dry spell and needed something, he was able to get us points in a variety of ways... Inside, outside, free throw line, etc. Obviously, we have a lot returning, and I'm sure someone will be able to step into that roll. MoSo, is loaded and they have the big man... the guy is a stud, not much else to say about that. Washburn is always right there, and so on it goes. Not too much to argue about... looking forward to the season!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X