Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Play Basketball

With this upcoming weekend signaling the start of the basketball season for most teams in the region, I thought I'd start a thread to discuss all of the regional games. The teams will no doubt change a lot throughout the season, but this weekend will provide a glimpse into the region this year with a lot of big games. The NSIC has a lot to prove after a poor postseason performance last year, and will have a tall task this weekend. Northern and Duluth take on the top GAC teams in SE Oklahoma and Southern Nazarene in Oklahoma City. Mankato and Winona get two powerhouse MIAA teams in Missouri Southern and Washburn in Kansas City. Moorhead and Crookston get a chance at the region's (nation's?) 1,000 pound gorilla in Northwest and also get Sunny's bunch in St. Joe's. Augie and SMSU head to Missouri as well. And there are several other regional contests.

Honestly, I don't know quite what to expect from the Wolves this weekend. I think they will be good, but they are playing 2 very good teams. If they get one win it will be a successful weekend. If the conference as a whole goes .500 this weekend that would be a good thing. There are a lot of good games this weekend and I look forward to seeing how the teams stack up.

It is going to be a fun year in the MIAA with 3 teams that I see battling for the title. MOSO and Washburn are very good with MOSO having all of their starters back. Washburn has a solid team. NW needs to find some depth as they lost one of their starters for the season at Duke. Last weekend, I thought Sourhern Nazarene was very good with a lot of new faces in their lineup. I see them getting better as the year goes along. They certainly could have a chance at the regional title later in the season. Good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
      Honestly, I don't know quite what to expect from the Wolves this weekend. I think they will be good, but they are playing 2 very good teams. If they get one win it will be a successful weekend. If the conference as a whole goes .500 this weekend that would be a good thing. There are a lot of good games this weekend and I look forward to seeing how the teams stack up.
      Should get a chance to see how they stack up in the region as of now. SNU is a really good team, had NW down at the half. Apparently, SE Oklahoma was picked over SNU in the GAC so they should be pretty good also.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
          It is going to be a fun year in the MIAA with 3 teams that I see battling for the title. MOSO and Washburn are very good with MOSO having all of their starters back.
          So who's the third? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
            So who's the third? ;)
            :)

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
              So who's the third? ;)
              Clearly the unknown abilities of one of the newcomers...Rogers State or Newman!!! ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X