Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to Joey Batt of MSU. Very talented, quick, and plays with great intensity. With her, Menster, and Olson the Mavs have some talented guards to build around.

Comment

Lady Mavs looking like they came to play in the first quarter. Taking it to Mary, 25-11 with 25 seconds to go in 1st Q.

Comment

Looks as though the Lady Mavs will be playing Duluth on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
          Looks as though the Lady Mavs will be playing Duluth on Monday.
          They will be. 81-59 victory today vs. U Mary. Very nice effort by the Mavs, and looking forward to playing UMD tomorrow evening.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post

They will be. 81-59 victory today vs. U Mary. Very nice effort by the Mavs, and looking forward to playing UMD tomorrow evening.
            Great effort today. They looked like the team to beat today.

Comment

I really like the aggressive style of play the MSU women have gone to this year. Obviously to do that you need quick and fast guards, and with Klitzke, Olson, Menster, and Batt; the Mavs have those weapons. Fett at 6'5" is a definite force inside, while Stuttley provides good offensive production usually and rebounding. Drost and Shumski provide experience and depth at the 4; while Tomsfeldt is a very aggressive rebounder and defensive player that can also score some. Polson at 6'2" gives the Mavs some good depth at the 5. I believe Fuller has good potential at the off-guard in future seasons. It's been a while since the Mavs have reached the semi-finals, so win or lose tomorrow night a good accomplishment and good experience for the returning players.

Comment

I really like the aggressive style of play the MSU women have gone to this year. Obviously to do that you need quick and fast guards, and with Klitzke, Olson, Menster, and Batt; the Mavs have those weapons. Fett at 6'5" is a definite force inside, while Stuttley provides good offensive production usually and rebounding. Drost and Shumski provide experience and depth at the 4; while Tomsfeldt is a very aggressive rebounder and defensive player that can also score some. Polson at 6'2" gives the Mavs some good depth at the 5. I believe Fuller has good potential at the off-guard in future seasons. It's been a while since the Mavs have reached the semi-finals, so win or lose tomorrow night a good accomplishment and good experience for the returning players.
                They were really impressive to watch yesterday. Flying all over the court on defense.

Comment

Took a basketball break last night after Saturday's heartbreaker and the Coo women avenged their 2 WSU losses in big way... When this team is on, it's something else. Just so many weapons. They were firing on all cylinders.

Wasn't sure who I'd prefer in SCSU or Augie but St. Cloud it is... 2OT loss to the Huskies at the Stewie in their meeting back in December. Hopefully the ladies are feeling vengeful once again tonight.
                  4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                  2016 NSIC Champions
                  🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                      Took a basketball break last night after Saturday's heartbreaker and the Coo women avenged their 2 WSU losses in big way... When this team is on, it's something else. Just so many weapons. They were firing on all cylinders.

Wasn't sure who I'd prefer in SCSU or Augie but St. Cloud it is... 2OT loss to the Huskies at the Stewie in their meeting back in December. Hopefully the ladies are feeling vengeful once again tonight.
                      I too was unsure which team I'd prefer the Coo to face tonight. SCSU has the size advantage, Augie has the 3 point shooting advantage.

Here's hoping Goodhope remains hot for the rest of the tournament.

Comment

Mav women lost by 3 to UMD tonight; I was at a high school playoff game so was unable to watch. Good season for the MSU women overall. Need to replace Klitzke and Drost; however they have some depth and hopefully can build on what they accomplished this season.

Comment

Tough loss for the cougars last night but still a lot to play for this year... Kaely Hummel and Anna Goodhope had 25 and 14 respectiely but didn't get much help and St Cloud was just too dominate all night. will be interested to see how they regroup for regional play!

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

I too was unsure which team I'd prefer the Coo to face tonight. SCSU has the size advantage, Augie has the 3 point shooting advantage.

Here's hoping Goodhope remains hot for the rest of the tournament.
                            Maybe they should've hoped for Augie's 3pt shooting, SCSU's length gave the ladies fits last night. Hats off to the Huskies, they were clearly the better team last night.

Similar to Coo fan, really interested to see how they bounce back. Lots of seniors in this group. 1 and done and poor showing in the regional isn't likely how they want to go out.
                            4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                            2016 NSIC Champions
                            🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

All the best to simple as a $3 bill and his Huskies tonight. This is going to be a great game. Duluth playing to defend the title and hope for some help to bring all those regional teams up to Duluth. Huskies playing to get in the regional.

Comment

SCSU had quite a run in the conference tournament. Lori Fish has recruited well, with a lot of athletic talent on that. team. Some may be unaware that she was women's coach at MSU for several years up until 08-09 season. And assembled the stellar group that won the national championship for the Mavs; coached that year by Pam Gohl. (Now AD at USF)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X