Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mavs win at WSC 93-80. Now have some real motivation next weekend vs. UIU and Winona State; with a chance to host a conference playoff game for the first time in quite a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
      Mavs win at WSC 93-80. Now have some real motivation next weekend vs. UIU and Winona State; with a chance to host a conference playoff game for the first time in quite a few years.
      The WSU Women's team is something else this year. They can look like world-beaters one night and then next look lost. The season sweep against USF is quite impressive, but some of the other performances, especially in the 4-game losing streak, left me scratching my head. Will be interesting to see which version shows up next week in Mankato.

Comment

Agree, WSU women have really been up and down this season. Has the transfer from MSU (can't recall her name just now) been seeing much action for the Warriors? Definitely an interesting rematch at MSU this Saturday, with conference playoff ramifications. I believe MSU will get a home game if they can defeat UIU or WSU.

Comment

Agree, WSU women have really been up and down this season. Has the transfer from MSU (can't recall her name just now) been seeing much action for the Warriors? Definitely an interesting rematch at MSU this Saturday, with conference playoff ramifications. I believe MSU will get a home game if they can defeat UIU or WSU.
          Klug. She redshirted last year. Looks like she was playing 15-20 minutes a game but lately that has been cut in half. Of course her high game for the season was 14 against the Mavs..........

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Klug. She redshirted last year. Looks like she was playing 15-20 minutes a game but lately that has been cut in half. Of course her high game for the season was 14 against the Mavs..........
            I was quite impressed with her athleticism and ability when she was at MSU. Had projected her at the 2 or the 3 for the Mavs for several years; however wasn't to be.

Comment

CENTRAL
              2/19/2019
              Rank School Overall DII Record In-Region Record
              1 Central Missouri 18-4 18-4
              2 Minnesota Duluth 21-5 21-5
              3 Sioux Falls 23-4 23-4
              4 Emporia State 16-5 16-5
              5 Nebraska-Kearney 17-3 17-3
              6 St. Cloud State 18-5 17-5
              7 SE OK State 15-6 15-6
              8 Fort Hays State 15-6 14-6
              9 SW OK State 17-7 17-7
              10 Central Oklahoma 17-7 17-7

Women's regional rankings as of today..
              4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
              2016 NSIC Champions
              🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                Still three NSIC teams in the top six. That would be a good number to have in the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                  CENTRAL
                  2/19/2019
                  1 Central Missouri 18-4 18-4
                  2 Minnesota Duluth 21-5 21-5
                  3 Sioux Falls 23-4 23-4
                  4 Emporia State 16-5 16-5
                  5 Nebraska-Kearney 17-3 17-3
                  6 St. Cloud State 18-5 17-5
                  7 SE OK State 15-6 15-6
                  9 SW OK State 17-7 17-7
                  10 Central Oklahoma 17-7 17-7

Pulling for those Bulldogs. Would love to have everyone have to travel up there ;)

Comment

MSU with maybe their best game of the season today vs. Winona, to ensure a home playoff game and achieve the #2 south ranking. Had some help from SW State, as they defeated Augustana. Allowing the Mavs to move up from fourth to second.

Comment

MSU with maybe their best game of the season today vs. Winona, to ensure a home playoff game and achieve the #2 south ranking. Had some help from SW State, as they defeated Augustana. Allowing the Mavs to move up from fourth to second.
                      Overall really good play by the Mavs against Winona. Droost played her best game of the year. Mavs full court press and fast break make it much more exciting to watch than last year. Freshman Joey Batt has really contributed to a guard deep lineup of Klitzke, Olson and Menster. I'm hoping that Fett continues to improve- at 6'5 she can be quite a force.

Comment

I'm telling you guys, this play the past month or so from SMSU is what I envisioned when I made my preseason bold prediction of SMSU in the regional tournament. Obviously not gonna happen unless they somehow win the tourney, but 10-3 to close the year and beating some good teams.

Comment

Mustang women have definitely had a great run second half of the regular season. They did MSU a big favor this weekend by winning both of their games against other contenders for the top half of the South Division. It would not surprise me for an unranked team to make a run and win the conference tournament.

Comment

CENTRAL
                            2/26/2019
                            1 Central Missouri 20-4 20-4
                            2 Minnesota Duluth 23-5 23-5
                            3 Sioux Falls 24-5 24-5
                            4 Emporia State 17-6 17-6
                            5 Nebraska-Kearney 19-3 19-3
                            6 SE OK State 16-7 16-7
                            7 SW OK State 19-7 19-7
                            9 Harding 18-8 18-8
                            10 St. Cloud State 18-7 17-7

UMD and USF hold pat at 2-3 this week. Not sure how strong Central Missouri is at 1 to open the door to a UMD/USF host, if they can rattle off some wins.... Meanwhile, SCSU expectedly tumbles after getting swept this past weekend. They have work to do now.
                            4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                            2016 NSIC Champions
                            🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X