Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough loss for dragons against Crookston. Up 65-61 late in game and lose 68-65 on buzzer beater contested 3 by guy who only made that one shot the entire game. Cleary doing what Cleary does most of the game. Tough offensive foul call on dragons with 20 seconds left. Looked like definite flop to me. Plenty of positives, but still plenty to work on. Defense is improving. Offense still looks disjointed at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior1980 View Post

My Hope is they get rid of the coach/ and his coaching staff and go look for some one who knows what they are doing

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

He landed outside the video frame so I didn't see it either
        Bigler actually assisted with him. I saw him running back and forth to the locker room grabbing supplies, ice and that sort of thing. We may have lost but I'm glad we're represented by someone who cares about people more than the outcome of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
          Tough loss for dragons against Crookston. Up 65-61 late in game and lose 68-65 on buzzer beater contested 3 by guy who only made that one shot the entire game. Cleary doing what Cleary does most of the game. Tough offensive foul call on dragons with 20 seconds left. Looked like definite flop to me. Plenty of positives, but still plenty to work on. Defense is improving. Offense still looks disjointed at times.
          Moorhead123: I was able to watch the final few minutes of the game and thought I was looking at two good teams. Considering previous game scores and the few minutes I watched, I thought these are decent teams for NSIC North contention, but fall short of over-all conference contention, and certainly not competitive in the region. But then I thought, where are the Mankato's, Northern's, Sioux Fall's, St Cloud's and Winona's? They're probably not any better. Maybe Augie is decent and Duluth is very good, but I am not sure if the rest of the NSIC is any or much better than these two teams. Crookston was quite competitive at #1 NWMSU yet lost by 20 to a mediocre Parkside team (I felt bad for Cleary going to his home area, had a great game but the rest of his team stunk it up). UMC travels to Sioux Falls and shatters the Cougars by 25. They're for real. Road wins like last night might ignite their development. Actually,..
          I thought the game would be a toss-up, and it was. What I don't like doing is predicting a UMC split on the road and picking the wrong teams and getting both games wrong. So kind of like insurance, I went for the road sweep; so far so good. I thought either Moorhead would sweep or split this weekend (not an 0-2). I am reconfirming a split. BSU is competitive, but not as deep as they need to be. Only seven guys played plus one more at 6 minutes, so we will be tired while Moorhead is mad for losing at home to a team that used to be a long-time doormat who's just up the road. So I've got Moorhead recovering tonight.
          I would also like to comment on what appeared to you as a "definite flop." I agree that what you saw was a flop, yet the official probably made the right call. Stay with me. Referees are notorious for swallowing their whistles at the end of a game (sorry Simple). That did not happen. Preventing flops from being successful is a skill that an offensive player can acquire. The Moorhead player anticipated either contact or had to rebalance. That's natural. But a dribbler can be taught to resist extending the elbow out to remove the illusion that an offensive foul occurred. That's not easy, but can be learned (and drilled). So the Moorhead penetrator did not help his case as he extended his elbow as he did.

As far as the last play was concerned, the defensive scheme (strategy) was excellent. It appeared to be force the ball out of Cleary's hands and best-case scenario, cause a turnover. That didn't happen (Cleary is really good), but Moorhead got the next best thing, and that is a contested 3-point shot from an unproven entity. The odds were in Moorhead's favor, but didn't go their way.

Although I do not wish the Dragons good luck, enjoy your team as they continue to contend.
          Last edited by CoachSalscheider; 12-07-2019, 11:58 AM. Reason: forgot to mention Duluth who is probably the best NSIC team at this point IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

It was bad.

Bigler immediately took the Mustangs off the court and told them not to look - I could hear plenty of parents in the crowd say the same thing.

I'd been focused on Stang #2 who went flying into an MSU cheerleader when the injury happened, so I didn't see what exactly happened. I'm guessing he either landed funny and/or someone fell on him.
            Knee injuries are awful. I've seen two at track meets, one of them my brother in law and I were sitting on either side of my sister and watching. A female running the 800 came around the final turn and her knee just bent the wrong way. We immediately both covered my sisters eyes. Hope the best for the athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Knee injuries are awful. I've seen two at track meets, one of them my brother in law and I were sitting on either side of my sister and watching. A female running the 800 came around the final turn and her knee just bent the wrong way. We immediately both covered my sisters eyes. Hope the best for the athlete.
              Yikes. I can't imagine what going through something like that would be like.

I checked in and Tre has been posting on social media a little bit which was a good sign.

Comment

Comment

In the pick 'em thread it was a perfect 50/50 split-8 for Crookston, 8 for Northern.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

In the pick 'em thread it was a perfect 50/50 split-8 for Crookston, 8 for Northern.
                    Heads up, I just went in and changed my pick to Crookston. So now it's 9-7 Crookston.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Heads up, I just went in and changed my pick to Crookston. So now it's 9-7 Crookston.
                      I still think this is a toss-up like last night's Moorhead game, but this is unbelievable that the NSIC forum scholars have picked Crookston over Northern in Aberdeen. And this is NOT a knock on Northern. Where are the Screaming Eagles' fans to enjoy this?

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post

I still think this is a toss-up like last night's Moorhead game, but this is unbelievable that the NSIC forum scholars have picked Crookston over Northern in Aberdeen. And this is NOT a knock on Northern. Where are the Screaming Eagles' fans to enjoy this?
                        I have no evidence that Northern has enough scorers to keep up with Crookston. Northern wins if Kallman shoots well.

Comment

It took 13 minutes but Tom Mauer has asserted control with a suspiciously quick tech on Brooks McKowen. Augie leads 36-25 with 557 to go in the half.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                            It took 13 minutes but Tom Mauer has asserted control with a suspiciously quick tech on Brooks McKowen. Augie leads 36-25 with 557 to go in the half.
                            Yeah - pretty bad sequence of calls, was a quick T

Comment

Augie finishes the half on a 25-5 run to take a 50-30 at the break

Comment

Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

I have no evidence that Northern has enough scorers to keep up with Crookston. Northern wins if Kallman shoots well.
                                Pending analysis....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X