Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

That's because Sean Smith decided to show up. Don't get me wrong, I love him to death, but he has had some real clunkers this year that has cost SCSU games. I just don't see enough consistency on their part to put together a series of games. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid I'm not.

Comment

Comment

How about in the 2nd half after Chad was up screaming at Hollywood to get Marshall off of Irsfeld as he was bringing the ball up the floor. Hollywood proceeds to call 4 in a row against SCSU and on one of them even Chad had to just sit down with a smile on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
          How about in the 2nd half after Chad was up screaming at Hollywood to get Marshall off of Irsfeld as he was bringing the ball up the floor. Hollywood proceeds to call 4 in a row against SCSU and on one of them even Chad had to just sit down with a smile on his face.
          Yea that was because the fouls were 21-7 in favor of scsu prior to that point....although scsu was being more aggressive so they definitely deserved more calls.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
            WalTThall got Pat Baschault and tried to interrupt the show? Man that dude tries to ruin everything. Chad, please, let the man show off his spray tan and do his theatrics without interruption. I truly wish Baschault did every Augie game.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
              NSIC:

There's no locks here yet. Certainly Northern State (15-5) is sitting pretty at this point in time. I doubt any of us predict they'll fall apart, but are they without Ian Smith for a while?

Will this well-balanced league result in a bunch of teams right around the 20-10 mark? It sort of seems that way. If so, two or three teams are staying home that probably feel they have the same resume' as two or three that get in.

Prediction: 3 NSIC teams get in, but 4 seems like a long shot. You need SNU to win the GAC tourney, and no other surprises in the NSIC and MIAA, and several MIAA teams to be average the rest of the way.
              I think we can safely remove Augie, USF, and Moorhead from at-large consideration and place them in the "must win NSIC tourney" category.

That leaves Northern, Mankato, Wayne, and St Cloud (boosted by non-conf wins over MoSo and Point Loma) in the mix.

As other have alluded this will be the most wide open (especially if Ian Smith's unfortunate injury lingers) NSIC Tourney since 2012 so the neutrality of the Pentagon's nets will be more critical than ever.

Comment

The MIAA: NW a lock at this point and favorite to host. Lincoln, Washburn and Southern in the mix. Pitt St. had a bad loss at MW today and has 1 win against top half of MIAA with 4 games against FHSU and Southern remaining. They need to win all 4 and probably win MIAA Tourney. FHSU in same boat with 1 win against top half, but 6 of last 8 against top half. They had a bad loss at Kearney today.
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                  The MIAA: NW a lock at this point and favorite to host. Lincoln, Washburn and Southern in the mix. Pitt St. had a bad loss at MW today and has 1 win against top half of MIAA with 4 games against FHSU and Southern remaining. They need to win all 4 and probably win MIAA Tourney. FHSU in same boat with 1 win against top half, but 6 of last 8 against top half. They had a bad loss at Kearney today.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Moorhead123; 02-03-2019, 12:49 AM.

Comment

All in fun but...Simon Fraser had a nice upset win tonight to move to 10-10 on the year, 4-8 in conference play.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                          All in fun but...Simon Fraser had a nice upset win tonight to move to 10-10 on the year, 4-8 in conference play.
                          Yea that one hurts...but at their place in Vancouver and second night of back to back early in season. Most years a team in nsic going 23-9 overall and 16-6 in nsic would get you in, even with a couple bad losses.

Comment

Yeah, I guess Moorhead still has the possibility of getting in without winning the tourney, but I would have Pitt St and Ft Hays ahead of them at this point. I would guess MSUM would need to win 9 in a row to get in without winning it all in SF.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                              Yeah, I guess Moorhead still has the possibility of getting in without winning the tourney, but I would have Pitt St and Ft Hays ahead of them at this point. I would guess MSUM would need to win 9 in a row to get in without winning it all in SF.
                              Understand they are long shot, but my expectation before season was that they likely have no shot this late in season.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                                Fort Hayes currently 13-7 with 20 point loss to USF and 11 point loss to SMNU. And recent loss to Nebraska Kearny, who Wayne state destroyed...I like Msum chances over fort Hayes

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X