Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Augie slides past SMSU tonight in an extremely painful game to watch.

It shouldn't go unnoticed how the "Mustang Way" has evolved with this squad. The three or four redshirts/injured players at the end of the SMSU bench were yelling fake shot clock countdowns when Augie had the ball all game and then howled during every single free throw Augie shot in the final minute. Obviously it had no impact on the game but shows just how culturally unkempt a program that loves to shove a "hard working" mantra in our faces is this season.

Comment

Mavericks defeat Minot State this evening by 8 I believe.

Comment

Well not sure what is going on with Moorhead team. Offense pretty good tonight for good portions of game, but defense (which had been good pretty most of season) was not. Credit Winona offense (which really shot the ball well all game), but seems like they pretty much got whatever they wanted on offense the majority of the game. Need to get that figured out in a hurry.

Comment

EXTREMELY happy to be 5-2 at this point. I would have bet a lot that we would have been closer to 2-5 right now. I think that our 2 freshmen guards can be a problem for the rest of the league for a few years. Donaldson did a heck of a job on Cleary tonight HOLDING him to 20 points. And everybody else seems to be meshing pretty we'll for so many new guys. Well, We'll see, it could all fall apart, but for now its rolling pretty well. And tonight, the boys first goody bag. :)

Comment

I still can not comprehend USF being 6-1 in NSIC play, but here they come into the Pentagon with solo first place on the line. Outside of the NSIC Tourney game a few years ago, this is the most consequential matchup between these programs since they became conference foes.

USF appears to try and do a lot of the same things Augie does- create a positive rebounding margin and get to the free throw line. However, Augie does it better and with far more offensive fire power.

The only remaining question is will ref, and noted egomaniac, Mark Riggs drop from the ceiling to ref his 1000th USF-Augie game?

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
              I still can not comprehend USF being 6-1 in NSIC play, but here they come into the Pentagon with solo first place on the line. Outside of the NSIC Tourney game a few years ago, this is the most consequential matchup between these programs since they became conference foes.

USF appears to try and do a lot of the same things Augie does- create a positive rebounding margin and get to the free throw line. However, Augie does it better and with far more offensive fire power.

The only remaining question is will ref, and noted egomaniac, Mark Riggs drop from the ceiling to ref his 1000th USF-Augie game?
              He may just be too big time now. Saw him doing the SDSU game the other night. He was very self-importantly assessing (and eventually self-importantly explaining to the coaches) the decision being made on a potential flagrant foul.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                Week 4

Friday January 3rd

SMSU at Augie
                USF at Wayne
                Winona at Moorhead
                UIU at Northern
                Minot at Mankato
                Mary at Concordia
                Crookston at St Cloud
                Bemidji at Duluth

Saturday January 4th
                USF at Augie
                SMSU at Wayne
                UIU at Moorhead
                Winona at Northern
                Mary at Mankato
                Minot at Concordia
                Bemidji at St Cloud
                Crookston at Duluth

???????So good to have hoops back!
                Just a heads up, you dropped this in the wrong thread. Augieholic may not care, but as one message board best friend to another, I figured I'd help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Just a heads up, you dropped this in the wrong thread. Augieholic may not care, but as one message board best friend to another, I figured I'd help you out.
                  I just listed the games for chat purposes. Didnt mean to screw up anyone's pick entries just thought itd be good to have a reference for all.

Comment

Oh me of little faith, BSU edges out SCSU 91-82. Congrats Beavers.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
                      Oh me of little faith, BSU edges out SCSU 91-82. Congrats Beavers.
                      Simple is about five deep in the goodie bag of death by now

Comment

4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                        2016 NSIC Champions
                        🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Nice bounce back game by Moorhead tonight. Coaches have been mixing and matching players all season. Feels like they are starting to get a solid rotation in place. Nice games by too many guys to mention. Hilmer looks like a real nice pg for uiu to work around in the future. Nsic looking more and more wide open each week. Still not sold on USF...but they know what kind of team they have and are doing a good job grinding games out.

Comment

The night after Coach Hastings wins his 200th hockey game.

Attached Files

Comment

Augie played 80 minutes of bad offense this weekend and got the L they deserved. They were cold in every area of the floor but the most painful misses were in the restricted area. It felt like they shot 33% from 3ft or closer this weekend.

Matt Cartwright has never been missed more than right now.

Comment

What is carwright injury and when is he expected back?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X