Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can NO Longer Contain Myself

Coach K record at UCM 100-62. At present Conference record 54-48. First year record 25-7. Conference 14-5. Since first year. 75-55. Conference 40-43. Take away 4-easy wins a year against vastly inferior competition it is not a pretty picture. I have been ranting since year 3 it is not getting better.

Comment

Prior to this post you were containing yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
        Prior to this post you were containing yourself?
        Yes, I waited until January this year to gripe

Comment

UCM knocked off NW and ended their winning streak earlier this year. That's got to give Coach K at least 2 more years of leeway after this year.

Comment

Are you a relative, of his. PLEASE!!. For real these last 5 years have definitely not lived up to UCM standards only 1 post season his first year when he didn't recruit those players.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
              Coach K record at UCM 100-62. At present Conference record 54-48. First year record 25-7. Conference 14-5. Since first year. 75-55. Conference 40-43. Take away 4-easy wins a year against vastly inferior competition it is not a pretty picture. I have been ranting since year 3 it is not getting better.

Comment

Are you a relative, of his. PLEASE!!. For real these last 5 years have definitely not lived up to UCM standards only 1 post season his first year when he didn't recruit those players.
                Sorry, should have added sarcasm font to help you. Or maybe not. As a NW fan, I'm perfectly happy with Coach K at UCM for as long as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                  UCM knocked off NW and ended their winning streak earlier this year. That's got to give Coach K at least 2 more years of leeway after this year.
                  And those of us up here are very grateful for that.

Comment

If you're being sarcastic, I apologize. If not, I call BS. If Boschee were to leave at the end of the year and the next coach after 1 good season misses the NCAA tournament for the next 5 (this year will be Coach K's 5th consecutive season), I doubt you're attitude will be "Oh well, the MIAA is a tough league".

I first attened CentralMO in 1979. In the 40+ years I've followed the Mules (most of which as a season ticket holder) only 1 other coach has missed the NCAA tourney 5 consecutive seasons, Don Doucette.

A little Mule NCAA tournament history from the time frame I mentioned:

Tom Smith made the field in 1980 and left.
                    Lynn Nance made the field all 5 years.
                    Jim Wooldridge missed his first 3 years (only 32 teams made the field) and made it his final 3.
                    Jerry Hughes missed in his interim season.
                    Bob Sundvold missed in his first season and made it in his final 3.
                    Don Doucette made it in his first season and missed in his final 5.
                    Kim Anderson missed in his first 2 seasons and made it in 7 of his final 10 seasons (3 in - 1 out - 2 in - 2 out - 2 in).
                    Doug Karleskint made it in his first season and has missed in the next 4 and will make it 5 in a couple of months.

Comment

Comment

Coach K is in the final year of his contract......he's gone and he knows it.

Comment

Thanks for the replies KMA. and Randy. While recruiting can be tough I just dont see bringing in a heavy freshman class without proven players ahead of them on the depth chart as a way to sustain a top record in this tough conference. Not enough big time juco players and players from D1 who wanted playing time were brought in. Also several good players transfered out. Im mostly frustrated by the fact that the Multi is no longer a huge home advantage and that he has a losing road record. Plus no post season appearances with his players. Why give a 6year contract, before game one. Just because the coach was good at another school doesn't mean they will be good at a different school.

Comment

Thanks for the replies KMA. and Randy. While recruiting can be tough I just dont see bringing in a heavy freshman class without proven players ahead of them on the depth chart as a way to sustain a top record in this tough conference. Not enough big time juco players and players from D1 who wanted playing time were brought in. Also several good players transfered out. Im mostly frustrated by the fact that the Multi is no longer a huge home advantage and that he has a losing road record. Plus no post season appearances with his players. Why give a 6year contract, before game one. Just because the coach was good at another school doesn't mean they will be good at a different school.
                            I don't know that he originally got a six year contract. Maybe he got a couple of three year contracts. During football season I was told by a creditable source that coach K was in the final year of his current contract and barring some miracle turn around (it ain't happening) he would be let go at seasons end. Coach K certainly must see the hand writing on the wall and know that he's toast.

Comment

Just seems like that is the A.D. time table as the last sucky coach also got 6 years. Should have got him out after 4 years. If and when the team starts winning again I predict the Multi will again be filled with rabid fans.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X