X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I talk hoops, too!

First episode of 2020 is our first 100% basketball episode... Link below

https://anchor.fm/miaa-weekly/episod...OPS-SZN-ea2r9c

-Can Washburn push Southern and Northwest at the top of the league?

-How the mighty have fallen...

-Power Rankings

Email the show at [email protected]

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0Q3...Q16YOuZei6ZifQ

Comment

Originally posted by MIAAWeekly View Post
      -Can Washburn push Southern and Northwest at the top of the league?

-How the mighty have fallen...

-Power Rankings

Email the show at [email protected]

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0Q3...Q16YOuZei6ZifQ
      So much for Washburn....oof

Comment

The Hornets suffered a big blow when Brenden Van Dyke went down for the year with a knee injury in the first half against Western. He was the most dynamic player on the team. Not the best scorer or best defender or even the best rebounder (with the emergence of Dallas Bailey), but the most dynamic. It's going to be difficult to fill the energy void that will come from his loss.

Comment

I was sad to see that BVD was lost for the season... I like him a lot as a player. I agree that he was the most dynamic/the biggest matchup issue that Emporia had on the roster. After the loss to Newman tonight, they need to right the ship soon otherwise the Hornets may lose more ground than they can make up before the MIAA Tournament.

Comment

https://anchor.fm/miaa-weekly/episod...tention-eac6oo

Comment

I haven't listened to the whole podcast, you had just completed your interview with Randy Speer when I arrived at work. Correction on Speer, last year's Mules team went 14-14 not 20-10. 20-10 teams don't miss the MIAA tournament. The Mules were 20-10 in 2017-18 (2 years ago) when they had both Reaves & Lowrance. Another correction is that Farris is a Junior, not a Soph.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                I haven't listened to the whole podcast, you had just completed your interview with Randy Speer when I arrived at work. Correction on Speer, last year's Mules team went 14-14 not 20-10. 20-10 teams don't miss the MIAA tournament. The Mules were 20-10 in 2017-18 (2 years ago) when they had both Reaves & Lowrance. Another correction is that Farris is a Junior, not a Soph.
                Also, Mo West is at home for the next two games against FHSU and UNK.

Comment

The first week Western, the next week Emporia and now Kearney. They all lost 2 the week they were talked up on the podcast. Who are you going to put the kiss of death on this podcast?
                  Last edited by Randy; 01-26-2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

The first week Western, the next week Emporia and now Kearney. They all lost 2 the week they were talked up on the podcast. Who are you going to put the kiss of death on this podcast?
                    LOL, was thinking the same thing, Randy. Lets see, how bout MoSo?

Comment

Don't think I haven't noticed this... I shutter to think of who to curse next!

Comment

Can you tell us more about Northwest Missouri? Little is known about them, I think they are called the Bearcats and have won quite a few of their games as of late.

Comment

I would love to hear more about Northwest Missouri. I think a podcast devoted to Northwest on February 12 would be perfect!

Comment

I know you can't really judge a team based on only one game, but the injuries to Emporia's men's team must have been devastating. The team at the Multi last night looked awful.

Great come from behind win for the Jennies, out scoring the Hornets 40-22 in the second half for a 70-66 win.
                            Last edited by Randy; 01-30-2020, 01:08 PM. Reason: to specify that i was talking about the men's team in the first part

Comment

I know you can't really judge a team based on only one game, but the injuries to Emporia's men's team must have been devastating. The team at the Multi last night looked awful.

Great come from behind win for the Jennies, out scoring the Hornets 40-22 in the second half for a 70-66 win.
                              Neither men's team looked like they belong in Kansas City, in my opinion. You are right about the injury bug.

Brenden Van Dyke was a dynamic player and one of the best athletes in the league. I felt like they were just getting used to playing without hime when...
                              Dallas Baily went down with a broken bone in his foot on the first possession of the game. He was really starting to come on. He'd been averaging around 6 points and 7 boards a game and was shooting around 45% from the three-point line over his last six games.
                              They were both about 6-6, 6-7 and had good versatility.
                              Also lost Aaron McGee before the season started to an Achilles injury. He started 25 games last year and averaged around 4.3 rebounds per game
                              The other guy that has been hurt and hasn't played well in a month is Justin Williams at point guard. He was playing pretty well until he got hurt at Washburn and missed four games. He average 13 points in our first three MIAA games before getting hurt and hasn't done squat since he came back.

Wednesday night I bet ESU played with four freshmen on the floor about 80% of the time. I think Keyon Thomas (#2) is a strong candidate for MIAA Freshman of the Year. Mason Thiessen (#30) has all the tools to be a good power forward in this league. Gage McGuire (#3) is solid, Tyreek Robinson (#21) has an All-MIAA body-although it might be better suited for the football field. There are no seniors on the active roster and they have already signed the leading scorer in the state of Iowa. So the two big questions are 1) can they survive the rest of this season and 2) will the injured guys be able to come back next year for their senior seasons?

Speaking of football, why is Shae Wyatt wasting his time on the basketball court. He definitely has an athletes body. That guy is special in football, if I were Swoboda I'd be worried he might get hurt in some freak accident on the court.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X