Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vikings did not guard well in UIU 3pt overtime barrage.

Comment

Peacocks hang in there in regulation... and were on fire in ot. Great effort and tenacity to keep fighting back! Huge win!

Comment

This UIU team can be a scary bunch. They can hit big shots and have now beaten two of the top teams in the NSIC. Consistency must be an issue as they are barely .500. Regardless they are going to be a tough out the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
          This UIU team can be a scary bunch. They can hit big shots and have now beaten two of the top teams in the NSIC. Consistency must be an issue as they are barely .500. Regardless they are going to be a tough out the rest of the season.
          Agree.... they play alot of freshman, I think that's why we see the ups and downs, but I'm excited for rest of season and future. Good crew he has put together!

Comment

Comment

Joe Smoldt passes the 1,000 pt. mark in his career with 29 tonight! 10-10 from the ft line and 5-6 from 3 pt land.

Comment

It was quite the dog fight. Seemed like Wayne's defensive objective was to minimize the damage from Taylor and Wagner and by and large I thought they did quite well with that. Both had to work awful hard for what they got; especially Taylor. The shame is if Winona had done a better job with their free throws they would have the win. But that's how it goes. Many of these games can fall either way depending on a missed shot or some other innocuous thing here or there. Like toward the end of regulation Winona had a wide open look for a three that would have put them up late. Instead they miss and Wayne comes right down and hits one to make it two. Hit that three and its probably a different story. It was great to see Lo Biondo play so well. I had my doubts they got what I had hoped with him given his performance to date, but tonight he showed he can do a lot of things. Maybe it just took this long form him to get comfortable. Hopefully that is what he will look like from here on out. Would be a real bonus to have another night-in-night-out threat to go along with Wagner and Taylor.

Comment

Moorhead grinds out good win at Bemidji. Bemidji pounded ball inside with their size (Thompson really nice post player) and Moorhead counters with its quickness. Tough, but correct, technical foul call on bjorkland in OT. Sem has been really good the past 3-4 games for dragons. His athleticism is very impressive (nasty on defense and offensive boards). Rusch adds some needed additional shooting and Williams looks more confident each game. Bergh also gave some solid minutes. Feels like Moorhead coaches finding a formula for success. I am optimistic moorhead will be a tough out the second half of season.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                    When I watched Crookston early in the year I was so impressed, I thought they would surely build off last years success and have a really good year. After watching again tonight it is hard to watch. Their body language is absolutely horrid, Harrison does is hero-ball stuff but his D is almost obsolete. Really thought it was going to be a special year for the Golden Eagles, idk if it's coach to blame or just players but it's disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                      USF sweeps the Mav men for the first time. USF women also swept the Mavs and are alone in first place.
                      MSU men led until late in the game; tough loss for them.
                      USF women were on fire from the three; Mavs were not. Hence a 20 some point loss. Still hoping the Mav women can win enough games to at least get a home conference playoff game for the first time in five years or more.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I've been fairly vocal in my disdain for how Crookston plays. Cleary is one of the best scorers I've ever seen in the NSIC, HOWEVER he is not a great player. When you watch Crookston either he has the ball and 4 guys watch or someone else has the ball and he stands 30 ft from the basket and doesn't move. Granted, he doesn't have much help but he does nothing to make his teammates better. And nobody on that team plays defense. I think there is plenty of blame to go around from the administration, to the coaching, to Cleary himself. It's darn near impossible to build a winner in any sport in Crookston. They hit their ceiling last year and were still the 7 seed from the north and managed to win 1 tourney game.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

I've been fairly vocal in my disdain for how Crookston plays. Cleary is one of the best scorers I've ever seen in the NSIC, HOWEVER he is not a great player. When you watch Crookston either he has the ball and 4 guys watch or someone else has the ball and he stands 30 ft from the basket and doesn't move. Granted, he doesn't have much help but he does nothing to make his teammates better. And nobody on that team plays defense. I think there is plenty of blame to go around from the administration, to the coaching, to Cleary himself. It's darn near impossible to build a winner in any sport in Crookston. They hit their ceiling last year and were still the 7 seed from the north and managed to win 1 tourney game.
                              But oh what a win it was. :)

Comment

Always good to wrap myself in the comfort blanket of a good Rogan's Shoes ad. I miss the pop a shot at the Onalaska location badly

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X