Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Final Score | Minnesota State 53, Southwest Minnesota State 46.
    Maverick men managed to hold on to the lead tonight; despite some bad turnovers late in the game against the press.
    MSU women looked awful tonight, losing by 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

He's the greatest Crookston player of all time, and one of the best pure scorers in recent conference history. He has shortcomings but he's made Crookston worth talking about and worth watching for four years. That's an incredible accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post

Low scoring - two hand set shots, no 3 pt line, and jump ball after each made basket in that game? :)
        It just takes so darn long to get the step ladder and get the ball out of the peach basket.

Comment

Big win for the warriors, gotta take this win and build off it

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

It just takes so darn long to get the step ladder and get the ball out of the peach basket.

Comment

Originally posted by warriorlover View Post
                Big win for the warriors, gotta take this win and build off it
                Best performance of the year from the Warriors. If that version of the team shows up each night, they will be dangerous. Sadly, consistency hasn't been there all year.

Comment

Another 2-0 weekend for the Cougar men and women. Both teams are sitting at 6 game win streaks. Just enjoying the ride so far watching some good basketball.
                  4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                  2016 NSIC Champions
                  🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

Best performance of the year from the Warriors. If that version of the team shows up each night, they will be dangerous. Sadly, consistency hasn't been there all year.
                    Lo Biondo sure showed an array of skills. Great weekend with 21 and 19 plus good defense and 11 boards on Friday. Granted that game had 15 extra minutes but still. Taken awhile but sure hope he keeps it up. Great to have a third threat. Play like that plus Wagner and Taylor is as good a trio as you will find in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                      Winona is absolutely mauling Augie on both ends. It's hard to imagine a player regressing more throughout the year than Tyler Riemersma has this season, hes in the wilderness
                      One could say the same thing about Michael Schaefer. He has lost whatever touch he had on anything outside the restricted area. May be time to start Adam Dykman or Trevor Hanson.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post

One could say the same thing about Michael Schaefer. He has lost whatever touch he had on anything outside the restricted area. May be time to start Adam Dykman or Trevor Hanson.
                        Agreed, hes been throwing up even worse shots than usual. After an abysmal weekend it's hard to believe there wont be changes to the rotation.

Comment

Honestly though, other than for the sake of mixing it up and hoping next mix is better, have you seen anything from either of those two when they're out there that makes you think definitively, "Man, either of these guys should be starting over Riemersma or Schaefer..."? Because I feel like I haven't exactly seen starter-quality output from Dykman or Hanson either. Not saying mixing it up is a bad idea. I just wish there were a more clear indication of how it should be mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Honestly though, other than for the sake of mixing it up and hoping next mix is better, have you seen anything from either of those two when they're out there that makes you think definitively, "Man, either of these guys should be starting over Riemersma or Schaefer..."? Because I feel like I haven't exactly seen starter-quality output from Dykman or Hanson either. Not saying mixing it up is a bad idea. I just wish there were a more clear indication of how it should be mixed up.
                            I'm basing it partly on what I've seen and partly on statistics, at least as it pertains to Schaefer.

Schaefer's numbers: FG%: .370. 3PT%: .333. FT%: .667.
                            Dykman's numbers: FG%: .438. 3PT%: .381. FT%: .813.
                            Hanson's numbers: FG%: .500. 3PT%: .455. FT%: .833.

Obviously, other factors help determine playing time, but I think Dykman and Hanson are better shooters, and that's what this team needs right now. In three of its last four games, Augie as a team has shot less than 35 percent.

Comment

I'm basing it partly on what I've seen and partly on statistics, at least as it pertains to Schaefer.

Schaefer's numbers: FG%: .370. 3PT%: .333. FT%: .667.
                              Dykman's numbers: FG%: .438. 3PT%: .381. FT%: .813.
                              Hanson's numbers: FG%: .500. 3PT%: .455. FT%: .833.

Obviously, other factors help determine playing time, but I think Dykman and Hanson are better shooters, and that's what this team needs right now. In three of its last four games, Augie as a team has shot less than 35 percent.
                              I think it's obvious that Dykman and Riemersma are the best two way bigs on the team. The concern with playing them together quite a bit is that it means the defensively deficient duo of Schaefer-Hanson will likely have to share the floor. Im not sure you can play Mike/Trevor together for more than a few minutes each game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X