X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Players of the Week (1/13)

MEN

NSIC North Division Player of the Week
    #24 Parker Fox (F, 6-8, 210, So., Mahtomedi, Minn. / Mahtomedi HS) - Northern State

- Averaged 26.5 points and 10 rebounds while adding three assists
    - Shot 70% (21-of-30) from the floor, 55.5% from distance and 75% from the free-throw line
    - Scored 24 points with 11 rebounds and three steals in a 97-60 win at UMC
    - Scored 29 points with nine boards and three steals in a 98-92 OT win at BSU
    - Named NSIC Player of the Week for the second week in a row

NSIC South Division Player of the Week
    #20 Joe Smoldt (G, 6-0, 175, Jr., Reinbeck, Iowa / Gladbrook-Reinbeck HS) - Upper Iowa

- Averaged 21 points, 4.0 rebounds, 2.5 assists while shooting 48% from the field
    - Scored 29 points in a 110-100 OT win over Augustana
    - Surpassed 1,000 career points in win over Augie.
    - Is just the 28th player in UIU history to score 1,000 points
    - Is averaging 13.3 points and 3.1 rebounds per game this season

WOMEN

NSIC North Division Player of the Week
    #12 Cassie Askvig (F, 6-2, Sr., Minot, N.D. / Minot HS) - UMary

- Averaged 34 points and 5.5 rebounds against UMD and SCSU
    - Scored a career high 36 points in a 76-67 win over UMD
    - Added six rebounds and a pair of assists and steals
    - Recorded 32 points and five rebounds against SCSU
    - Knocked down 62.8 percent of her shots from the field (27-43)
    - Hit 92.8 percent from the free throw line (13-14) over the weekend

NSIC South Division Player of the Week
    #12 Kaely Hummel (G, 5-8, Sr., Cherokee, Iowa / Cherokee Washington HS) - Sioux Falls

- Averaged 23 points and 6.5 rebounds in wins over MSU and CSP
    - Set a career-high in threes (7-for-9) in a 91-68 win against Minnesota State
    - Set a career-high in rebounds with nine in a 74-68 win against Concordia-St. Paul
    - Shot 57.1 percent from three, as well as a perfect 14-for-14 from the charity stripe
    - Recorded three assists and two steals

Comment

Congrats to Parker! He is very likely the most athletically talented player I've seen at NSU since I've been around. He is going to be a force as he continues to develop his game over the next 2 1/2 years in Aberdeen.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
        Congrats to Parker! He is very likely the most athletically talented player I've seen at NSU since I've been around. He is going to be a force as he continues to develop his game over the next 2 1/2 years in Aberdeen.
        He may (eventually) be one of the best players to ever play in the NSIC. After adding that three point shot to his arsenal (which he shoots insanely well) he can do pretty much anything on the court. Certainly not the best ever now but I'll be interested to see what people say by the end of his career here. I know people just mainly see the dunks and his gesture stuff, but I'm simply talking as the player he is ir will be. Would like to see those three assists to be improved, haha. Doyle and Evans both improved their game when they started looking for that extra pass, Parker doing the same would make it easier on himself which is scary to think what he could do then.
        Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 01-13-2020, 03:45 PM. Reason: (Eventually) needed to be added

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

He may (eventually) be one of the best players to ever play in the NSIC. After adding that three point shot to his arsenal (which he shoots insanely well) he can do pretty much anything on the court. Certainly not the best ever now but I'll be interested to see what people say by the end of his career here. I know people just mainly see the dunks and his gesture stuff, but I'm simply talking as the player he is ir will be. Would like to see those three assists to be improved, haha. Doyle and Evans both improved their game when they started looking for that extra pass, Parker doing the same would make it easier on himself which is scary to think what he could do then.
          Sounds a lot like NWMSU's Ryan Hawkins. Good luck to Parker on the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

Sounds a lot like NWMSU's Ryan Hawkins. Good luck to Parker on the rest of the season.
            I haven't watched a ton of Hawkins but I don't see many similarities between the two. Just at a high level:

Ryan Hawkins is shooting 45% from 3 on 6 attempts per game, 83% on FTs, and has 10 blocks on the season.

Parker Fox is shooting 42% from 3 on 19 attempts this season, 56% on FTs, and has 30 blocks on the season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X