19. Azusa Pacific (12-3)
    20. California (PA) (12-3)
    21. Benedict (13-2)
    22. Bowie State (14-1)
    23. Walsh (14-2)
    24. Bentley (12-3)
    25. West Texas A&M (14-3)

Others Receiving Votes
    Colorado Mesa, Catawba, Tampa, University of Sciences, Cal State-San Marcos, Delta State, Notre Dame College, Southwestern Oklahoma State, Central Oklahoma, Union, Belmont Abbey, Minnesota-Duluth

D2SIDA Women's Top 25 (1/14)
    1. Lubbock Christian (14) (14-0)
    2. Drury (2) (14-0)
    3. Ashland (15-0)
    4. Texas A&M-Commerce (15-0)
    5. Adelphi (16-0)
    6. Alaska-Anchorage (16-1)
    7. Lee (15-1)
    8. Grand Valley State (14-1)
    9. Virginia Union (12-1)
    10. North Georgia (13-1)
    11. Hawaii Pacific (14-1)
    12. Sioux Falls (15-2)
    13. Catawba (12-1)
    14. Indiana (PA) (14-1)
    15. Delta State (13-1)
    16. Emporia State (12-2)
    17. Bowie State (14-1)
    18. Colorado Mesa (13-2)
    19. Bentley (12-3)
    20. Walsh (14-2)
    21. Union (13-3)
    22. Anderson (12-2)
    23. Azusa Pacific (12-3)
    24. University of Sciences (13-3)
    25. Kentucky Wesleyan (16-1)

Others Receiving Votes
    Southeastern Oklahoma State, West Texas A&M, Charleston, UC-San Diego, Belmont Abbey, Westminster

----------------------------------------------------

D2SIDA Central Region Rankings (1/14)
    1. Sioux Falls (4) (15-2)
    2. Emporia State (1) (12-2)
    3. Southeastern Oklahoma State (10-2)
    4. Minnesota-Duluth (13-4)
    5. Central Missouri (11-3)
    6. Central Oklahoma (12-3)
    7. Minnesota State-Moorhead (13-4)
    8t. Southwestern Oklahoma State (11-3)
    8t. Fort Hays State (13-2)
    10. Nebraska-Kearney (15-2)

Others Receiving Votes
    Missouri Western State, Pittsburg State, Southern Nazarene

Comment

Big game tonight in Hays. #15 Lady Hornets at #13 FHSU.
      According to NCAA stats Emporia State has played the toughest schedule in the country so far while Hays is at 129th.
      Lady Hornets won 73-69 back in December in White Auditorium, but haven't won in Hays since the 2015 regional final.
      Massey has the Tigers as a 3 point favorite in Gross Coliseum.
      Both teams are without key starters. Jessica Wayne for ESU and Lanie Page for FHSU are both out with knee injuries, although it sounds like Wayne is going to try and play again at some point this year.

Comment

Well that was ugly last night. FHSU wins 87-55. It's the biggest margin of victory for the Tigers over the Lady Hornets in the 86 game history of the series. ESU needs to have a big bounce back game on Saturday at UNK.

Comment

USF women are all but guaranteed two wins this weekend so could see a gap start to build.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
            USF women are all but guaranteed two wins this weekend so could see a gap start to build.
            At this point, I want USF to keep winning and host the women's regional. I'm wondering when the last time a NSIC team did- was it Augie? I haven't been to one in quite a while. Seems odd to have been to several Elite 8s and not a regional during that time.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

At this point, I want USF to keep winning and host the women's regional. I'm wondering when the last time a NSIC team did- was it Augie? I haven't been to one in quite a while. Seems odd to have been to several Elite 8s and not a regional during that time.
              Yes, Augie hosted two years ago

Comment

Augie in 2018 was the only time since the NSIC has hosted since the MIAA moved from the South Central to the Central region in 2013.
                In the seven years since the change the MIAA has hosted four times and the GAC twice - although the two times the GAC hosted, Emporia State was the #1 seed but could not host due to the Kansas State High School State Tournament being in White Auditorium.
                In that same time the MIAA has won three regionals, the GAC two and the NSIC two. The host has only won twice - both as the #2 seed. #2 Pitt State beat #1 ESU 78-74 in 2016 in Pittsburg and #2 Harding beat #1 ESU 58-56 in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
                  The host has only won twice - both as the #2 seed.

Alright now you two, stop jinxing the Cougar ladies.

In all seriousness, I would love to see the ladies host. Feels like Trap has been building to this for a long time. Plus, the Stewie as a Regional site is both hilarious and awesome because of its size.

Lots of basketball yet, its not even February.

4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                  2016 NSIC Champions
                  🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Alright now you two, stop jinxing the Cougar ladies.

In all seriousness, I would love to see the ladies host. Feels like Trap has been building to this for a long time. Plus, the Stewie as a Regional site is both hilarious and awesome because of its size.

I mean...they'd have to play pretty poor this weekend to not sweep.

Comment

Plus, the Stewie as a Regional site is both hilarious and awesome because of its size.

Long ways to go. But couldn't they host it in the Pentagon?

Comment

Long ways to go. But couldn't they host it in the Pentagon?
                        Host the regional in your rival's gym? I'd pass. I also love me the cozy confines of the world's only Stewart Center.

Also a quick glance at the Pentagon calendar for what I think would be the regional weekend shows the Pentagon hosting the NAIA national tournament.
                        4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                        2016 NSIC Champions
                        🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Host the regional in your rival's gym? I'd pass. I also love me the cozy confines of the world's only Stewart Center.

Also a quick glance at the Pentagon calendar for what I think would be the regional weekend shows the Pentagon hosting the NAIA national tournament.
                          Yah, that place seems pretty busy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X