Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peacock View Post
    Another weekend sweep for UIU! Playing well right now - young team, scrappy guards with a lot of quickness. Nice to see multiple guys in double figures each night - and different ones, a lot of scoring threats. Jake Hilmer had another big night with 20 points and 7 assists. Sophomore Jackson Joens with 22, went 6-11 from beyond the 3pt. line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
      I was looking forward to Fox vs Janssen tonight but it was a pretty one sided matchup. Parker was dominant on defense and Janssen struggled to do much. 24-15-10 blks, triple double for Parker was impressive. I wish NSU could play more than 7 guys as that lack of depth is an issue. But it was a good weekend for the Wolves.
      Fox is an impressive athlete. He plays above the rim more than any NSIC player that I can recall, at least for the last few years. He almost seems to embrace the defensive end more than his offensive game.

Janssen didn't have his best game to be sure. Credit to Northern for double teaming him immediately and consistently. Usually he can out finesse taller opponents, but Fox frustrated him last night. He still did hit double digits in points and rebounds though, so he wasn't totally nuetralized.

Overall though Wayne is really struggling. Their defense isn't consistent, and they are a step slower and a little smaller than most opponents. Absolutely need to bring in a couple of solid player next year.

Comment

• Comment

• Well...our best player and possibly the best player in the league is a post and as Augie showed, if you have a good post presence you can tear our insides to shreds. Outside of Parker, we have no post and had that game gone to overtime we would have been toast...but yeah, keep believing that you don't need a post.

We are tenth in three pointers made and only 5th in percentage. Keep trying, been awhile

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Well...our best player and possibly the best player in the league is a post and as Augie showed, if you have a good post presence you can tear our insides to shreds. Outside of Parker, we have no post and had that game gone to overtime we would have been toast...but yeah, keep believing that you don't need a post.

We are tenth in three pointers made and only 5th in percentage. Keep trying, been awhile

Comment

• Well, I would assume I have watched more NSU games than you and considering how we are tenth in the NSIC in three attempted and I watch as Parker either comes high (as Doyle and Evan's and Decker did) or posts up down low (where he gets the majority of his points) you just have nothing to back up whatever you think you are saying. Parker has shot 23 threes on the season...in 18 games... They recently gave him the green light to shoot a three if open (no different than Levi Hamilton going back 15 years. But keep on trucking little buddy, you'll make sense some day.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Well, I would assume I have watched more NSU games than you and considering how we are tenth in the NSIC in three attempted and I watch as Parker either comes high (as Doyle and Evan's and Decker did) or posts up down low (where he gets the majority of his points) you just have nothing to back up whatever you think you are saying. Parker has shot 23 threes on the season...in 18 games... They recently gave him the green light to shoot a three if open (no different than Levi Hamilton going back 15 years. But keep on trucking little buddy, you'll make sense some day.

Comment

• I just saw Augie is 6-6 in the league. That has to be a huge disappointment to Augie fans. Am I correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                    I just saw Augie is 6-6 in the league. That has to be a huge disappointment to Augie fans. Am I correct?
                    Nah, we're all pretty cool with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                      I just saw Augie is 6-6 in the league. That has to be a huge disappointment to Augie fans. Am I correct?
                      Selling alcohol at the Pentagon started the year as a nice perk now it's a necessity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Selling alcohol at the Pentagon started the year as a nice perk now it's a necessity.
                        :) Quote of the month:)

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
                          Only 8 total turnovers in the Winona (2) -Bemidji (6) game. Was it well-played? Limited pressure? Or just good decision-making on both teams, especially Winona? Anyone insight on that?
                          Both teams played fairly well, at least through my eyes. Just a good half court game by both teams. Winona's defense was solid and it lead to some hurried shots by BSU. But both teams played fairly clean.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

Both teams played fairly well, at least through my eyes. Just a good half court game by both teams. Winona's defense was solid and it lead to some hurried shots by BSU. But both teams played fairly clean.
                            Thanks WSUguy87. Sounds good. Looks like Winona has improved considerably since their home loss to NAIA Clark. I know several of your posters were really concerned. Looks like a nice turnaround and you're in the hunt.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post

Thanks WSUguy87. Sounds good. Looks like Winona has improved considerably since their home loss to NAIA Clark. I know several of your posters were really concerned. Looks like a nice turnaround and you're in the hunt.
                              I've noticed the trend for Eisner's WSU teams to start alarmingly poor and improve so that by mid-season and beyond they are very competitive. The problem is the early season flop is an albatross when Region time comes around. I wish they could get their act together early in the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

I've noticed the trend for Eisner's WSU teams to start alarmingly poor and improve so that by mid-season and beyond they are very competitive. The problem is the early season flop is an albatross when Region time comes around. I wish they could get their act together early in the year.
                                Agreed. They were eliminated from the Regional talk by the time conference games started.

I don't think the program is as dire as some as there is clearly talent out there. The lack of depth in the front court has been a problem for a few years and it's mind boggling that it hasn't really been addressed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X