Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Seemed intimidated by the crowd early on. Not used to those types of environments....

In all seriousness, I was impressed by the Mustangs tonight despite the loss. Mustangs had been dealing with key injuries all week, as Byers and Dufault didn't even practice. Coach said they couldn't run 5 on 5 drills because they're so banged up. That was a damn good effort against one of the best teams in the NSIC.

Bigler said before the game that they felt we had an advantage inside, and I'd agree. Fox is talented, but not the strongest interior defender and they lack depth. Add in the guard injuries and the gameplan going in was to attack inside. For the most part, it worked. But with 13 minutes left, starting center Baker Magrath gets hurt. Phipps comes in fine, but picks up his 4th foul 78 seconds later. With lead cut to 50-49 with 11:42 left and both posts out of the game, that inside advantage was gone. Went scoreless for 4 minutes as Northern built a 7-point lead. Mustangs caught back up and had their chances, but just couldn't get things to fall. Had it down to 3 with 90 seconds left, but Fox putback followed by Byers offensive foul essentially ended the game.

Comment

• Comment

• Also, I think Bigler is a really good coach, but he did the Wolves a favor last night when he went to the press. This Wolves team handles pressure really well and it led to quite a few layups.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
          Also, I think Bigler is a really good coach, but he did the Wolves a favor last night when he went to the press. This Wolves team handles pressure really well and it led to quite a few layups.
          Also an interesting choice with such a short bench. A lot of times pressing can be just as exhausting for the defense as it is for the team being pressed. You would think with such low numbers on the roster, he would have been more inclined to make a slightly slower and less exhaustive defensive option.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
            Epic first half meltdown in Bismarck. Winona up 17 and trail 41-39 at half.
            Had the chance to watch the game on Saturday. The last ten minutes of the half looked like the first three weeks of the season. No effort on defense, cold shooting, and little focus on rebounding. Thankfully, the put it together in the second half to get the weekend sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I'm not saying he is bad by any means, don't get me wrong.
              The longtime USF radio announcer Tom Frederick is very respected around the league not for his flash or bluster....but more for his prep and knowing the teams really well, the league, being a consummate professional (not blaming the refs every other game) and not sounding crazy homer. That might not seem like a lot, but in the conference there's a wide variety of radio/stream calls and often times the person on the call doesn't know the other team very much and it shows. UMD VOX here on our site does UMD football and he's among the best as well for the same kinda reasons.

For those that have longtime guys on the call, I think they are appreciated quite a bit by the listener. Personally, I prefer someone who knows the league and the squads and isn't over the top with their call of the action.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

The longtime USF radio announcer Tom Frederick is very respected around the league not for his flash or bluster....but more for his prep and knowing the teams really well, the league, being a consummate professional (not blaming the refs every other game) and not sounding crazy homer. That might not seem like a lot, but in the conference there's a wide variety of radio/stream calls and often times the person on the call doesn't know the other team very much and it shows. UMD VOX here on our site does UMD football and he's among the best as well for the same kinda reasons.

For those that have longtime guys on the call, I think they are appreciated quite a bit by the listener. Personally, I prefer someone who knows the league and the squads and isn't over the top with their call of the action.
                I agree with everything you said. He is clearly one of the better announcers in nsic, in my opinion?????.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X