Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

One of the reasons NW can get by with so few is the fact that they like to slow the game down. They allow very few fast breaks from opposing teams and will actually walk the ball up the court when they are on offense. NW really likes the half court game and many times will use most of the shot clock. I personally think they will try and limit 3 pointers from MoSo with their tight man to man def. Obviously NW needs to be on offensively to come away with the win. Come on, Thunder, part with the $8 and enjoy the game. :)
    Someone else brought up in a post earlier this season about depth not being as big a deal as it once might have been, because of all the stoppages with media timeouts and such. I'd never really thought about that before, but thought it was a good point. I do agree with you pace of play assessment.

Comment

They should both be glad they aren't playing UCM in Warrensburg.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
        They should both be glad they aren't playing UCM in Warrensburg.
        Trolling level = Genius!!!

Comment

Northwest by double digits. Just a gut feeling.

Comment

Comment

It will come down to one thing, which team is hitting three's. Both NW and MoSo were atrocious from three in their loses in the 'Burg. Forward to last week in the 'Ville, NW shot well from behind the arc and ran away early and costed to an easy win over the Mules.

Comment

I think you're the champ until you aren't the champ anymore. NW by 10.

Cam Martin can keep it close by himself, he's the most dominant offensive player in the league (and I say that with ALL respect to Hudgins and Hawkins). I think for Southern to pull it off this week Clark and one more person (keep an eye on Parker Jennings) have to have big games. I think the Lions defense is noticeably better this season but we've seen lapses (Rogers State, most recent game vs Washburn) in that. But, if it turns into a track meet and the Bearcats aren't completely lights out from 3, then yeah, Southern's got a puncher's chance.

Can't wait to watch. I'd be on press row but, it looks like my wife may have to leave town for work tomorrow and I've got the kiddos. It will be on my big screen, though.

Comment

Unfortunately, I see NW by double digits. They are just too good this year and are blowing everyone out. We have not put together a full 40 minutes of good basketball yet in 2020. Everything has to break perfect for MSSU to keep it closer than this. I hope I'm wrong!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                      Unfortunately, I see NW by double digits. They are just too good this year and are blowing everyone out. We have not put together a full 40 minutes of good basketball yet in 2020. Everything has to break perfect for MSSU to keep it closer than this. I hope I'm wrong!!!
                      Have you watched NW this year or looked at results? They have had a number of 5-10 point wins. They are definitely not blowing everyone out.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                        Have you watched NW this year or looked at results? They have had a number of 5-10 point wins. They are definitely not blowing everyone out.
                        Northwest averages 17 more per game than their opponents in conference play. Four of their conference games have been decided by 10 points or less, which I guess technically is "a number," just not a very big one. :)

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Northwest averages 17 more per game than their opponents in conference play. Four of their conference games have been decided by 10 points or less, which I guess technically is "a number," just not a very big one. :)
                          It depends on what you consider "blowing people out" also. I think a 20 point win is a blowout but others may have a different number in mind. I'll use 15 points as the reference for this. Last year, NW had 14 games decided by 15 points or less (all wins). Of those 14 games, 6 occurred in the postseason.

This year NW has had 10 games decided by 15 points or less already(including the lone loss). There are still 6 regular season games left- 2 against MSSU (the 2nd place team in the conference), on the road at MW who they beat by 9 at home, and at home against WU who they beat by 5 on the road earlier this year.

If you compare 10 point games or less (including losses) they have had 6 so far this year and a total of 3 last year in the regular season (6 including postseason).

This isn't meant to be sandbagging because they are obviously good and winning games but this idea that they are "blowing people out" may be a bit of hyperbole. NW fans have been spoiled the last few years to so maybe I've just been more keenly aware of some of these closer games. Also, last year was a history making year but it's my easiest frame of reference because it's the most recent season to compare to but also not a common season to compare against.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                            I'm looking at the roll they are on coming into this game. The average margin of victory in the last five games is 28. Very impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

I'm looking at the roll they are on coming into this game. The average margin of victory in the last five games is 28. Very impressive!
                              True but I think the level of competition is getting ready to go up a notch or two against you guys compared to those last 5 games. They have taken care of business against those last 5 as they should have.

Comment

First half goes to the Bearcats. Keys were offensive rebounding and so many easy buckets on drives. Southern has found themselves in some bad matchups defensively.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X