Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    Why were the student announcers horrible?

Comment

Must be pretty cold in Chaska this morning........

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
        Will be interesting to see how MoSo tries to defend NW next Thursday. It was a complete mismatch when it came to defense. Waters made Martin look like he had never played defense before. I am guessing we will see something different in the future. Another point of interest, NW actually outscored MoSo in the paint 44 - 34. Not sure if they have someone that can defend Hawkins.
        Cam does not move his feet well when being attacked... Waters did a great job taking advantage of that matchup in a few instances. They also put Martin on Diego again for stretches, basically daring him to shoot the 3 and he wasn't very willing. I'd like to see them clear a side and let Diego attack him downhill... Diego's a good passer if the help comes and everyone else on the floor can shoot the 3. It just seems like it would be a bad matchup for Martin and an opportunity to draw some fouls, but I guess since they won by 21 and he's got 2 National titles, I'll defer to Ben. ;)

Comment

I will also say about Waters, despite the fact that Martin scored 29 points, he did a nice job defensively. He was kind of a sacrificial lamb that took the beating for the team... the kid has to be worn out and sore today. Anyway, in doing so, it helped keep Hawkins from wearing down and/or picking up fouls. Waters really has become an important piece on both ends... I would have never thought that early in the season.

Comment

There was one that really struggled to come up with valid basketball dialog or analysis. Plus, she was hard to understand. The other girl was better and sounded more coherent with her thoughts. I had to mute them after a couple of minutes so I could enjoy the game.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat97 View Post

There was one that really struggled to come up with valid basketball dialog or analysis. Plus, she was hard to understand. The other girl was better and sounded more coherent with her thoughts. I had to mute them after a couple of minutes so I could enjoy the game.
                Spot on. I don't think anyone is expecting hall of fame broadcasting at the D2 level and I'm all for students learning on the job. A couple weeks ago I listened to UCO announcers call us Northwestern, Missouri Western, and UCM (3x) in about a 5 minute span and I'm pretty sure those announcers were paid professionals. I still listened. This was a different level.

In addition to what you said about the first announcer, she also would start talking or start a sentence and realize it was going nowhere and just stop talking in the middle of the sentence. Then you could hear some muffled exasperation like she realized she was bombing and wasn't sure what to do.

Comment

Must be pretty cold in Chaska this morning........

Comment

Makes about as much sense as your first post on this thread!

Comment

In the short time I watched...the picture was so blurry I couldn't tell who the players were...yet the commercials were crystal clear...when you have to say "like" and "you know" like. like, well like you know, totally out of context ALL THE TIME, you don't need to be doing any kind of broadcasting.

I hammer on my kids about saying "like" all the time...it helps until they are away from me and around their friends for a period of time. Then it's time to get after them about it again.

Comment

Her entire commentary was very repetitive... same things over and over and over. Every sentence started with "you know" or "like I said" and then repeat. Once MSSU got down 10-12 points the phrase dig deep was probably used 35 times between the two of them in about 5 minutes of air time. This is also when she started talking about "pulling to double digits" as MisterWizard noted. She spoke the words about as clear as her message. Like others said, she was just hard to understand... It was difficult to listen to, but I'm a gluten and stuck it out.

For those of us that have never done it, I'm sure it's harder than it would seem to be, but yeah, it was rough.

Comment

Makes about as much sense as your first post on this thread!
                          Funny, I was thinking the same of yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                            For those of us that have never done it, I'm sure it's harder than it would seem to be, but yeah, it was rough.
                            Yes. It's like learning a different language and way to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                              I will also say about Waters, despite the fact that Martin scored 29 points, he did a nice job defensively. He was kind of a sacrificial lamb that took the beating for the team... the kid has to be worn out and sore today. Anyway, in doing so, it helped keep Hawkins from wearing down and/or picking up fouls. Waters really has become an important piece on both ends... I would have never thought that early in the season.
                              Luke injured his R /shoulder last Saturday and really toughed it out last night against taller/bigger Cam

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
                                They should both be glad they aren't playing UCM in Warrensburg.
                                LMAO......good one M4. The best part is the Mules lost to Ft Hays and coach K is another step closer to the trap door.
                                Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 02-15-2020, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X