Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by MisterWizard; 02-21-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Agree with virtually all of this. As you mention, they were jockeying for position on both sides however Martin drew 5 fouls in the first half and was not called for one. If both sides are fighting for position then there have to be fouls on both sides, not just one as it was being called. I think 1 or 2 were shooting fouls and the rest were positioning fouls. As soon as they called the foul on Martin in the 2nd half it completely changed the game back to basketball rather than whatever that fighting for position all over the court in the first half was. The ones that caused me frustration were the pushing for position on both sides all the way to the 3pt line and then calling the foul on NW before Martin ever caught the ball. Refs just let them do that back and forth for 5-10 seconds then call the foul out there. Either let it all go or call the foul early and not let it get to that point. Refs obviously changed the way they called it in 2nd half and there was not nearly the same amount of that stuff for the rest of the game.

The only part I disagree with is that Martin catching the ball at the 3pt line is win for NW. It's a win if 3 of our 4 players who guard him don't have 2 fouls a piece in the first half but that's not what happened.
      Fair enough and good points. Saying that Martin catching the ball at the 3 point line is a win is a generalization in that he's less dangerous there than he is on the block and that our defenders were doing what they were supposed to by getting him to catch it that far out. But yes, it's unfortunate that our guys picked up some fouls and there were times Martin could've been whistled. I think we're mostly on the same page. What a game though... I'll probably watch this one again on the network a few times!

Comment

• Ok, just got home from Houston last night about 9:30. I did get to watch most of the game on my I-pad (hotel internet in my room was not the best), all I can say is wow. Both teams played hard and NW was very fortunate to pull it out. Was a big game for both teams and I know MoSo was really thinking they would fall in the regional rankings, however, Southeast Okie lost as well, so probably will not fall if not move up one spot. Have to admit, that win will be good for NW as they really needed a close one. I am sure we will get a few more before this season is finished. I actually felt it was over when the basket interference was called. Hopefully NW can have a good outing vs PSU as it might be a good time for an upset. Cover my mouth, I really didn't say that!

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X