Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of the most entertaining disasters of a sporting event I've ever witnessed. The refs are out of control, Tom has been warned, Margs yelled at the refs for warning Tom, and I cant stop watching Kelby Kramer.

Comment

AU up 57-50. Physical game, coaches barking, Love it. The Mavs have been the Vikings main rival for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
        #2 from UMD is an obnoxious player
        Entwistle? He was an absolute menace defensively against Matt Todd last week.

Comment

To be fair...UMD is getting called for quite a few BS calls here down the stretch.

#2 is a poor mans version of "the player whom we shall never name again"

Comment

Great win for the Wolves, they played really well tonight. Gabe King loves February as it was about this time last year he turned it on and appears to be doing so again this year.

Comment

Really need some input on USF going to the line with two seconds left and really Winona...3-28 from deep, you couldn't just hit one more??

Comment

Augie getting two complete bail out calls late. Weak.

Kirksey and Nixon gone without contact.

Comment

Harry Potter got hot late.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                    Augie getting two complete bail out calls late. Weak.

Kirksey and Nixon gone without contact.
                    It was a horribly officiated game the whole way. That crew, apparently from North Dakota, lost control early and never got it back.

Im incredibly envious you guys get to watch Seales and Kramer each night. Seales will try anything and laugh about it whether it works or not. Kramer lurches, crouches, and mouth breathes around and terrifies anyone trying to put up a shot in the restricted area. Absolutely delightful pairing.

Comment

Good win by dragons at scsu. Moorhead led from start to finish. 5 guys in double figures. Good team win. Moorhead too deep for scsu team that has very little depth. Huge game at Duluth tomorrow. Definitely underdogs, but stranger things have happened...

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

It was a horribly officiated game the whole way. That crew, apparently from North Dakota, lost control early and never got it back.

Im incredibly envious you guys get to watch Seales and Kramer each night. Seales will try anything and laugh about it whether it works or not. Kramer lurches, crouches, and mouth breathes around and terrifies anyone trying to put up a shot in the restricted area. Absolutely delightful pairing.
                        Nice to see us win a game we normally find a way to lose. No one had a complete game, except for maybe Fink, but we had contributions from just enough players to pull it out -- rebounding and defense from Schaefer, clutch shots and free throws from Todd.

I kind of feel sorry for Mavs fans. They have to be frustrated with this team. They are the second-most talented team I've seen Augie play this season (behind Northern), and they're, what, a game or two above .500?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post

Nice to see us win a game we normally find a way to lose. No one had a complete game, except for maybe Fink, but we had contributions from just enough players to pull it out -- rebounding and defense from Schaefer, clutch shots and free throws from Todd.

I kind of feel sorry for Mavs fans. They have to be frustrated with this team. They are the second-most talented team I've seen Augie play this season (behind Northern), and they're, what, a game or two above .500?
                          Exactly right, to win a game when Riemersma struggled due to Kramer's size, Todd was ice cold for long stretches, and LeBrun was in foul trouble feels like robbery.

Fink's explosion in the first half, 11 straight points, saved the game from being a blow out. His development is probably the only positive about Cartwright's injury, they should stretch defenses to the breaking point next season.

I thought last night was Schaefer's best defensive outing of his career. He successfully bodied up Kramer for long stretches despite giving up at 30ish pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                              Gumby/Pyramid
                              I don't know if anyone else had this problem last night, but when I tried to tune in on Roku in my living room, the screen said "This event is not being broadcast." When I saw on Twitter that they were in the last two minutes I tried it in my kitchen- I did get a rather choppy presentation that started and stopped more than a college party bus. At least it made me think of how unique the Pentagon is- I can't think of any drawbacks besides being off campus.

Yes, the Mavs have been very frustrating. Like trying to put together a puzzle, only to find that someone has not only stolen some of the pieces, but also threw in some that didn't belong.

Comments like Gumby-Pyramid (and never forget McPizza and the Apple from Augie) and Augieholic's 1920's sportswriter style of commenting make me miss the days where I could give rep points. Doe anyone even notice when I like a post, or can that even be seen?

Comment

Mavs got off to a positive beginning at 26-10; however could not maintain that momentum. I don't think Krieger has ever fully recovered from his injury. Not a bad effort overall last night, but they really need to win tonight to have any realistic chance of hosting a conference playoff game. Agree that there is some good talent returning (assuming they do). Maybe one of these years they can again put together a consistent winning team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X