Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head coach. Contracts

Would like a few different schools to chime in on this

What is the standard number of years given to a head coach when hired?
    When is the coach given additional years and how many ex. 1 for so many wins
    How difficult or costly is it to fire a coach with time left on contract.

It seems like some ships have to sink before any changes are made is this due to finances or is the D2 level just more laid back.

Please feel free to add any additional thoughts

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post

It seems like some ships have to sink before any changes are made is this due to finances or is the D2 level just more laid back.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe Northern does contracts. Atleast I don't remember hearing anything on it. The coaches over known well I believe were just renewed each year or not.

I'll do some checking and see what I can find

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post

Every coach should probably be given 10-15 years no matter how they underperform.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Every coach should probably be given 10-15 years no matter how they underperform.
        Point of clarification: at UCM

Comment

Did some checking. It appears Northern has typically been a year to year basis of renewed for the following season or not.

Things could have changed with newer hires, but I've not heard of any multi year deal.

Comment

Comment

I am not up-to-date on this, but the Minnesota State University System (not sure who we are now), issued 4-year contracts via union (IFO) negotiations. Again, I am not sure this is still the case, but it was when I worked at BSU 7+ years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
                I am not up-to-date on this, but the Minnesota State University System (not sure who we are now), issued 4-year contracts via union (IFO) negotiations. Again, I am not sure this is still the case, but it was when I worked at BSU 7+ years ago.
                I don't know about the number of years, but most coaches at Minnesota State system schools are IFO members and do have contracts.

Comment

I believe it's 4 years around here, yes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X