Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Mavs lose another double digit lead- Kirksey and Krieger combine for 50 points, no one else steps up. Another disappointing loss.
    No doubt. Thought they would do better than they have this season, even considering the injuries to some of the projected mainline players. Maybe a 50% chance to win Wednesday at home; after that most likely a loss to end the season in Sioux Falls if they get there.

Comment

Wasted year for the Mavericks this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
        I was shocked at the preseason poll putting the Mavs at the top of the list, if for no other reason by the horrible way last season ended. The Carlos Danger episode, making the regional when most people didn't feel it was deserved- between that an injuries this year's team just hasn't developed that winning edge. It isn't a "well, this person should be playing" or "they should be running this"- it is more just getting it done. Too many mental errors and not always on the freshmen.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post

Moorhead123: I agree with your evaluation but will add a clarifier. The Beavers are not quite full strength as they still miss perhaps their best outside shooter, 6'3" junior, Jacob Hoffman. He is still out with a foot/ankle injury. He shot 45% from the 3-point line last season. Having Ja Morgan back at point helps our inside out game tremendously. The Beavers have won 5 of their last 6 NSIC games, four of which were on the road. Should be a good one versus Duluth today. Hope we play well.
          Yes that is true about not being at full strength without Hoffman. I guess I was referring to the team they had earlier in season when bemidgi was winning fairly consistently. While Hoffman would be helpful, his loss is maybe not as significant with Wagner playing that role pretty well most nights. But your point is well taken. I think Morgan is the real key to the beavers team.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
            In many ways, yes. Seales has done fairly well at the one; basically had to move him there due to injuries to other personnel. Hopefully he will continue to improve as he learns what it takes to lead the team and provide a consistent scoring threat also. Holt and the other freshmen show promise; also of course Kramer is around for two more years, I assume. He will need to provide more offense in subsequent years; without Kirksey and Krieger around. Hopefully next year will show better results, but who knows.

Comment

Took 3 games to finally clinch the South Division but hats off to the Coo for getting it done last night.

This basketball season was the most fun I've had following USF since the GPAC days. Moreso than the Evans-Guebert experience of the past 2 seasons as disappointing it was not to get those guys more postseason success. Winning a division title this season certainly helps but exceeding expectations and playing ugly, selfless basketball roped in this football guy week in and week out and was proud of them for finishing it out.

As much as I want to be bummed they couldn't quite close it out and nab the overall title, I'm trying to keep perspective and just be happy for these dudes. Picked 10th to overall to start the season, they finished 2nd. Just one game back of NSU, who they beat, and 3 of their 5 NSIC losses were by a single possession. Nothing to hang their hats on.

Now it's time to secure a few more W's and find a way to get into the regional. Excited for the tourney. Let's do this Coo.
              4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
              2016 NSIC Champions
              🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post

In many ways, yes. Seales has done fairly well at the one; basically had to move him there due to injuries to other personnel. Hopefully he will continue to improve as he learns what it takes to lead the team and provide a consistent scoring threat also. Holt and the other freshmen show promise; also of course Kramer is around for two more years, I assume. He will need to provide more offense in subsequent years; without Kirksey and Krieger around. Hopefully next year will show better results, but who knows.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Say whhhaatttt? No. Couldn't be. I cant possibly believe that gossiping about a former player would be part of a winning culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Say whhhaatttt? No. Couldn't be. I cant possibly believe that gossiping about a former player would be part of a winning culture.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X