Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest at Missouri Western 02/25

Welcome Bearcat fans to Looney. It's sure to be a big crowd tonight. Be safe driving down if it's snowing and let's hope for a couple of great games tonight.

Originally posted by Rainy View Post
    Welcome Bearcat fans to Looney. It's sure to be a big crowd tonight. Be safe driving down if it's snowing and let's hope for a couple of great games tonight.
    Planning on making the trek from KC...hope the weather cooperates. Should be a heck of a game.

Comment

I'm not sure what capacity at Looney is since the remodel, but I expect we'll put it to the test tonight.

Comment

Griffons win this one in a blowout.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
          Griffons win this one in a blowout.

Comment

That was pretty much what happened last year in St. Joe (in both games)--with more than 3,000 people there the stage was just a little too big for the Griffon men and Bearcat women, imo, and neither game was competitive: the lead never got below double digits in either game after about five minutes to go in the first half. I think that's less likely this time around in both games. The Griffon men have given Northwest pretty good battles at their place the last couple of games and have something special going at home, and the Bearcat women are fighting to make the tournament.

(Your first post made me lol!)

Comment

MW ticket site only lets you purchase tickets for Saturday's game against Washburn and the ticket phone number goes straight to voicemail. This could be interesting.

Comment

Comment

Bearcats on fire from 3 late in the 1st half. MoWest in foul trouble. MoWest 2-15 from three. Time for the dagger.

Comment

NW 9-14 from 3, MoWest 4-23. 83-53 with 4:15 left.

Comment

I for one welcome our Bearcat overlords.

Pretty soft performance, in part I think because of the foul trouble.

Comment

Welty's length really gave Millhollin trouble as he finished 1-12 from the field. Both teams were out of sorts to start the game but NW settled in, hit the 3 and defended well. I couldn't tell on video but it seemed like both teams were getting away with physical play to start the game then the refs decided to start calling everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat97 View Post
                          Welty's length really gave Millhollin trouble as he finished 1-12 from the field. Both teams were out of sorts to start the game but NW settled in, hit the 3 and defended well. I couldn't tell on video but it seemed like both teams were getting away with physical play to start the game then the refs decided to start calling everything.
                          Well, they let them play for a little bit, then they started calling everything on Missouri Western, then after the game was decided they started calling everything on Northwest. The Bearcats were whistled just five times in the first half.

Comment

Comment

Congrats to the bearcat men. That is one very patient experienced team. They just keep working the ball until they get a good shot. They took very few bad shots.

Announced attendance was 4250. TBH it was too large. There were a lot of people standing who probably thought they were buying a seat.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X