Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were a few empty chairbacks (tough to tell how many, because I was sitting on that side), but the bleachers on the other three sides were pretty well at capacity, plus there were students standing on the baseline and in the corners and a few folks sitting in aisles. That's probably a pretty accurate number, especially considering that a lot of the empty chairbacks were probably counted as tickets sold (season ticket or sponsorship packages).

Comment

I don't think it was that full. Definitely a big crowd and great environment. People were standing in corners but there were seats empty here and there around me. Not sure if it was that way everywhere or not. I'm also basing that on the listed 3270 capacity.

Caroll got called for a couple cheap ones early that were 50/50 at best and had to sit with 3 fouls. NW made their move then. Western is improved and is good offensively even if their shooting was off tonight. Defense is their weakness right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainy View Post
        Congrats to the bearcat men. That is one very patient experienced team. They just keep working the ball until they get a good shot. They took very few bad shots.

Announced attendance was 4250. TBH it was too large. There were a lot of people standing who probably thought they were buying a seat.
        To be fair, I saw open seats but I think on the reserved side people weren't sitting in their actual seats and people were sitting wherever they wanted and it created a domino effect which led to some open seats.

Comment

Comment

My observation, if #0, 2 and 5 would worry more about getting off good on balance shots rather than trying to contort their body or kick their legs trying to draw fouls, their shooting percentages would be higher. #5 should be up for an Oscar for his acting job.

Calls were very inconsistent, calling touch fouls then letting obvious physical fouls go. In the 2nd half I couldn't see Western's end very well, but there was a lot of bodies and blocks that could have been fouls...while the calls may have been more in NW's favor, it would be a stretch to say that swung the game...might have been closer, but I don't know how close it would have been, NW was playing really well last night.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
              My observation, if #0, 2 and 5 would worry more about getting off good on balance shots rather than trying to contort their body or kick their legs trying to draw fouls, their shooting percentages would be higher. #5 should be up for an Oscar for his acting job.

Calls were very inconsistent, calling touch fouls then letting obvious physical fouls go. In the 2nd half I couldn't see Western's end very well, but there was a lot of bodies and blocks that could have been fouls...while the calls may have been more in NW's favor, it would be a stretch to say that swung the game...might have been closer, but I don't know how close it would have been, NW was playing really well last night.
              0 (Glover) is 3rd in the conference in 3-point percentage and 5 (Milhollin) is 6th. I really don't think Glover is trying to draw fouls--he just puts shots up regardless of what position he's in. Milhollin was whistled last year for an offensive foul on a kick and has gotten a few flop warnings this year.

I agree the officiating didn't swing the game, but the game might have been closer with TC playing more than 9 minutes in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

0 (Glover) is 3rd in the conference in 3-point percentage and 5 (Milhollin) is 6th. I really don't think Glover is trying to draw fouls--he just puts shots up regardless of what position he's in. Milhollin was whistled last year for an offensive foul on a kick and has gotten a few flop warnings this year.

I agree the officiating didn't swing the game, but the game might have been closer with TC playing more than 9 minutes in the first half.
                Granted, I haven't seen them play that much this year. A couple times early at the Civic Center, not sure what Glover went last night, but Milhollin didn't shoot it well and it seemed like he was consistently contorting his body during shots...maybe he doesn't do that all the time, thought it negatively impacted him last night.

Agree, TC is a dynamic player and more minutes would have likely helped, that being said, while you may not agree with the calls, you have to adjust your game accordingly and he didn't do that last night.

Western is much improved and perhaps Sunny will keep that improvement going. He's done a very good job being in year two of his regime. Seemed like he toned down his, let's say demeanor, on the bench compared to last year...which could be a direct correlation to his teams improvement this year. I'm not criticizing him, I've said he's worth the price of admission to watch and the social media stuff, I think you're the one that posts it, is pretty much gold...which in today's environment should play well with recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Granted, I haven't seen them play that much this year. A couple times early at the Civic Center, not sure what Glover went last night, but Milhollin didn't shoot it well and it seemed like he was consistently contorting his body during shots...maybe he doesn't do that all the time, thought it negatively impacted him last night.

Agree, TC is a dynamic player and more minutes would have likely helped, that being said, while you may not agree with the calls, you have to adjust your game accordingly and he didn't do that last night.

Western is much improved and perhaps Sunny will keep that improvement going. He's done a very good job being in year two of his regime. Seemed like he toned down his, let's say demeanor, on the bench compared to last year...which could be a direct correlation to his teams improvement this year. I'm not criticizing him, I've said he's worth the price of admission to watch and the social media stuff, I think you're the one that posts it, is pretty much gold...which in today's environment should play well with recruits.
                  Glover was 4-8 last night (that probably looks pretty bad compared to the way the Bearcats were pouring them in lol). A lot of his shots all year have been of the "what the h***? Oh, nice shot" variety. I couldn't even get mad when he chucked it up from the sponsor logo near midcourt 5 seconds into a possession in the first half, because he's hit more than his share of those kinds of shots. I do think Tyus was pressing some last night, and that hurt his shot.

I won't argue the officiating - as I said, it wasn't the reason for the loss. But it's tough to adjust to inconsistency.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Glover was 4-8 last night (that probably looks pretty bad compared to the way the Bearcats were pouring them in lol). A lot of his shots all year have been of the "what the h***? Oh, nice shot" variety. I couldn't even get mad when he chucked it up from the sponsor logo near midcourt 5 seconds into a possession in the first half, because he's hit more than his share of those kinds of shots. I do think Tyus was pressing some last night, and that hurt his shot.

I won't argue the officiating - as I said, it wasn't the reason for the loss. But it's tough to adjust to inconsistency.
                    I can better handle bad officiating as long as it is consistent on both sides, but when the calls are all over the place, it is tough to figure out how to play.

Comment

During the game Tom Smith kept hinting at the game being too big for the officiating.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X