Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 MIAA tourney seedings

I would be interested in some feedback on tie-breakers for seeding purposes. #1, #2 and #3 appear to be set with NWMS, Rogers and MSSU claiming those spots unless there are some big upsets. It appears that MO West will either be a 4 or 5 depending on their last game with Washburn. It gets complicated after that. Washburn, UNK and NSU could all tie for 5th, 6th & 7th. The Bods would have to lose their last two (both on the road and could happen) and UNK will have to win their last two at UCO and at Newman and NSU would have to win at Emporia. How would they split the 3-way tie? UNK would be 2-1 head to head with the other two, Washburn 1-1 and NSU 1-2. Not sure how that plays out. It gets more complicated after that. Lincoln appears to be #8 but they have two rough ones and could end up with only 7 wins. FHSU probably ends up with 7 wins and so does UCO and Pitt has a good chance to end up with 7. That would be 4 teams fighting for #8, 9 and 10. I think UCM, ESU and Newman will be out. unless there are some upsets. I assume all tie breakers are head to head. What happens when 3 teams are locked up and what happens with 4 teams tied? The four teams knotted up for the last 3 seeds could be very likely.

Comment

Comment

Comment

After the Mules lose at Southern, they might as well go ahead and turn in their sneakers. It's unimaginable that the once proud Mules basketball program is hoping to finish 10th to make the conference tourney, Coach K's last game as the UCM coach will be Saturday at Pitt State.

Comment

Do the divisions enter into the tiebreaker at any point? When the Big 12 used divisions for scheduling and did a straight 1-12 seeding, the first step for breaking a multi-team tie was to separate the tied teams into sub-groups based on division and break the ties within each sub-group. You'd then compare the top team from each sub-group based on head-to-head, and whoever came out on top, the next team from their sub-group would slide up to be compared to the team from the other sub-group.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

After the Mules lose at Southern, they might as well go ahead and turn in their sneakers. It's unimaginable that the once proud Mules basketball program is hoping to finish 10th to make the conference tourney, Coach K's last game as the UCM coach will be Saturday at Pitt State.
              I want to hear from (AD) Jerry Hughes as to why he let this Cluster F go on for 6 years, especially the last three year contract that he gave coach K ? As crappy as coach Doug Karleskint is, the fact that it went on for six years is owned by (AD) Jerry Hughes. So, I guess no matter how bad a coach is, you just sit back and let him serve out his contract no matter how much damage he does to the program. Jerry has done a good job over the years, but it's time for Jerry to retire and for UCM to bring in some new energy at the AD position. My biggest fear is that Jerry Hughes is like the Pope and he will rule until his last breath.

Please go bring back Shawn Jones from Henderson State to be the Athletic Director.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                Do the divisions enter into the tiebreaker at any point? When the Big 12 used divisions for scheduling and did a straight 1-12 seeding, the first step for breaking a multi-team tie was to separate the tied teams into sub-groups based on division and break the ties within each sub-group. You'd then compare the top team from each sub-group based on head-to-head, and whoever came out on top, the next team from their sub-group would slide up to be compared to the team from the other sub-group.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

I want to hear from (AD) Jerry Hughes as to why he let this Cluster F go on for 6 years, especially the last three year contract that he gave coach K ? As crappy as coach Doug Karleskint is, the fact that it went on for six years is owned by (AD) Jerry Hughes. So, I guess no matter how bad a coach is, you just sit back and let him serve out his contract no matter how much damage he does to the program. Jerry has done a good job over the years, but it's time for Jerry to retire and for UCM to bring in some new energy at the AD position. My biggest fear is that Jerry Hughes is like the Pope and he will rule until his last breath.

Please go bring back Shawn Jones from Henderson State to be the Athletic Director.
                      Im going to apply because all Coach K did was roll the ball out and tell the players they will win if they score more points than the other team
                      and 6 years will get me to retirement. If I was the coach I would go to. a few Juco games and get some players. Most freshman aren't ready for the MIAA

Comment

Comment

That pretty much sums it up. Predictions: Southern will win so they will be the #3 seed. UCO will be UNK so they will be #8 and UNK will be #7. I think Pitt State beats UCM and slides in at #10. #1--NWMS, #2-Rogers, #3-MSSU, #4-MW, #5-Wash, #6-NSU, #7-UNK, #8-UCO, #9-Lincoln, #10-Pitt. Should be a pretty competitive tourney.

Comment

Comment

Probably not the best place to post this, but I don't know that there are any active just general MIAA/GAC threads, so it's as good a place as any.

It's time I post my annual, "Good luck to any and all teams from non-NSIC conferences this post-season" message. As always when Augie doesn't make the Regional, I will be rooting for a strong showing from the MIAA and GAC, preferably beating any NSIC teams in the first round of the Regional if possible. While I may like individual NSIC-fan posters on this message board, that's as far as my kindness extends. So again, good luck MIAA and GAC teams. I hope your star players stay healthy and your coaches make good decisions this post-season. Yes, even you NWMSU fans.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X