Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Apparently 1994 is the proper year to start keeping records since that's when Mel invented football.
    It's the year when the regionals expanded from 4 to 6 teams. And if you go back 2 or 3 years further, the brackets weren't strictly regional.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

I can tell you're a glass half empty guy. It's a compliment to your program. A good coach makes UCM a powerhouse. I'd rather they not be.
      Lets trade basketball coaches and we'll see how full your glass is........I'm old, cranky, and on the rag, so what would you expect.

Comment

Coach K is gonna get a contract extension next week by virtue of his win over the Bearcats of Northwest early this season. There is no coach in the country that has a better win than he does. Enough already with the firing talk!!

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

It's the year when the regionals expanded from 4 to 6 teams. And if you go back 2 or 3 years further, the brackets weren't strictly regional.
          The 1994 reference was an inside joke from the football section because Northwest fans only talk about football after Mel Tjeerdsma arrived.

Comment

Coach K's team finishes the season 12th in the conference at 5-14 and 0-11 on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
              Coach K's team finishes the season 12th in the conference at 5-14 and 0-11 on the road.
              Did anyone listen to the post game conversation with coach K he said he had to upgrade the talent and sign a few more players said he had two signed and another ready. What the heck has he been doing the last three years when the talent upgrade was needed. Someone needs to get his keys.

Comment

Originally posted by ichabodhater View Post
                Coach K is gonna get a contract extension next week by virtue of his win over the Bearcats of Northwest early this season. There is no coach in the country that has a better win than he does. Enough already with the firing talk!!
                Say it with me!

Comment

[QUOTE=ichabodhater;n487794]Coach K is gonna get a contract extension next week by virtue of his win over the Bearcats of Northwest early this season.

Fools Gold !

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post

Did anyone listen to the post game conversation with coach K he said he had to upgrade the talent and sign a few more players said he had two signed and another ready. What the heck has he been doing the last three years when the talent upgrade was needed. Someone needs to get his keys.

Ole Doug is really in denial about his future at UCM. Spoiler alert Doug...... your don't have one. I predict that (AD) Jerry Hughes will cut Karleskint loose this week before Jerry heads to KC with the Jennies for the conference tourney.

Comment

That's hilarious. Somebody should go stick a for sale sign in his front yard.......this guy just doesn't see the hand writing on the wall.

Comment

What ? How deseparte must those 2 or 3 recruits be? If they're anything like the guys playing for us now, they must really suck and not have any other offers.
                        Last edited by Donkeydamus; 03-01-2020, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
                          Where are the coach K supporters now? There were two or three in the last two years They voiced their opinion that coach K was a nice guy (never disputed)) and that he would be successful. . Those same coach K supporters said they would remain above the fray and let coach K prove his doubters wrong . Well......do any of you 'K' supporters now have the balls to come forward.......I doubt it.
                          One those supporters has a son that was a student assistant and later a grad assistant for Coach K. I wouldn't expect him to come on here and bad mouth his friend who also happens to be his son's boss. So, for the most part, he's just stayed out of the discussion. My only complaint was that he said Coach K has a "proven track record". I don't believe that failing at 1 of your 2 head coaching jobs is a "proven track record".

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

One those supporters has a son that was a student assistant and later a grad assistant for Coach K. I wouldn't expect him to come on here and bad mouth his friend who also happens to be his son's boss. So, for the most part, he's just stayed out of the discussion. My only complaint was that he said Coach K has a "proven track record". I don't believe that failing at 1 of your 2 head coaching jobs is a "proven track record".
                            Fair enough Randy. I had forgotten that his son was a coach K assistant. After coach K piloted the crash and burn of the last two years, he has to go. Certainly Jerry will fire him before going to KC on Wednesday for the MIAA tourney. Not sure if Jerry would issue a press release or not, so if anybody picks up any information, post it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

That's hilarious. Somebody should go stick a for sale sign in his front yard.......this guy just doesn't see the hand writing on the wall.

Comment

Maybe Jerry is just taking it slow and working on 'donkey time'.. I still think it will happen this week, but if coach K doesn't get fired then ole Jerry better look at joining the witness protection program.
                                Last edited by Donkeydamus; 03-04-2020, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X