Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MIAA has 14 teams. Only 1 of the 14 didn't have a single player on the all MIAA first team, second team, third team or honorable mention...CentralMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
      The MIAA has 14 teams. Only 1 of the 14 didn't have a single player on the all MIAA first team, second team, third team or honorable mention...CentralMO.
      Great observation, and what you point out tells quite a story and makes the title of this thread even more credible.

Comment

I think the only basketball coach that Jerry Hughes ever fired was Don Doucette (1996 - 2002)

Don Doucette - In his last two years 13 - 23 in conference.

Doug Karleskint - In his last two years 12 - 26 in conference.

Come on Jerry, suck it up and do the right thing.......coach K deserves to go.
        Last edited by Donkeydamus; 03-05-2020, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Most coach K detractors felt he would be fired as soon as the season ended. Maybe (AD) Jerry Hughes has another reason for delaying the firing. With the Jennies looking at a deep run in the playoffs, why do anything right now that might create a distraction. Wait until the Jennies finish their run and then inform coach K that he will not get another contract. Another 2 or 3 weeks means nothing in the big picture of hiring a new Mules basketball coach. Most good coaches interested in the Mules job are still tied up with their own post season play.

Right now coach K owns this mess, but if he isn't fired, then ownership of the mess will transfer completely to (AD) Jerry Hughes.

Comment

Certainly know this is a please fire a coach thread, but what's the Mule baseball outlook this year? Augustana the 2018 National Champions look strong, although they split a series with Emporia State.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
              Certainly know this is a please fire a coach thread, but what's the Mule baseball outlook this year? Augustana the 2018 National Champions look strong, although they split a series with Emporia State.
              Mules baseball at # 2 in the country.

Comment

Just saw Jerry in the men's room at Municipal talking to former NW AD Boerigter about the bright future of Mules basketball with Coach K

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                  Just saw Jerry in the men's room at Municipal talking to former NW AD Boerigter about the bright future of Mules basketball with Coach K
                  If that's true, then all three of you were in the restroom smoking weed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

If that's true, then all three of you went in there to smoke weed.
                    It was a $hitty conversation

Comment

So is Jerry burning up the phone lines to KA? Anderson might like a change of scenery after 3 sub-par years at Pitt St.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                        So is Jerry burning up the phone lines to KA? Anderson might like a change of scenery after 3 sub-par years at Pitt St.
                        Ya, who knows. I mean, that's the fantasy for Mules fans. Kim Anderson returns the Mules to the top. Let's look at it from the KA point of view. He made 3 million dollars at MU, so at his age money is not an issue.. He was embarrassed by the MU debacle, which was not all his fault. He was lied to about the state of the MU basketball program. He took the PSU job to clear his head and refocus on just coaching basketball. He would probably like to return to UCM because he's from the area. But, did the MU experience just drain him and take away the passion?

In the final analysis, it really makes little sense for KA to return to UCM. He left with a national championship and legendary status at UCM. If he returns to UCM will the ultra high expectations be something can live up to?
                        Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 03-06-2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Ya, who knows. I mean, that's the fantasy for Mules fans. Kim Anderson returns the Mules to the top. Let's look at it from the KA point of view. He made 3 million dollars at MU, so at his age money is not an issue.. He was embarrassed by the MU debacle, which was not all his fault. He was lied to about the state of the MU basketball program. He took the PSU job to clear his head and refocus on just coaching basketball. He would probably like to return to UCM because he's from the area. But, did the MU experience just drain him and take away the passion?

In the final analysis, it really makes little sense for KA to return to UCM. He left with a national championship and legendary status at UCM. If he returns to UCM will the ultra high expectations be something can live up to?
                          While the MU job was indeed quite stressful for KA, he still wanted to coach and Pitt had an opening and he jumped right back into coaching. If Jerry is indeed working on KA to return, so be it but it would be hard to return. Expectations would indeed be high and may indeed tarnish his legacy. The only coach that I can think of that left and returned was Bill Snyder at K State and look how that ended.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                            Nope...Jerry was hoping to pass the coronavirus to NW so he wouldn't have to endure NW winning another natty

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

Nope...Jerry was hoping to pass the coronavirus to NW so he wouldn't have to endure NW winning another natty
                              It's a new world so be careful who you're sharing a joint with in the restroom at the tourney. Northwest Hoops Boy, you better go get tested.

Comment

It's a new world so be careful who you're sharing a joint with in the restroom at the tourney. Northwest Hoops Boy, you better go get tested.
                                I've drank Maryville water so I'm pretty sure that means I'm immune. You have resorted to name calling so you must be getting a bit nervous. I'm sure it will all work out fine for you on the Coach K front.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X