Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had completely forgotten to check that out!!

As I'm writing...terrible time for that call. He had the dump pass to Tommy, but tough time for any sort of whistle, maybe replay shows more obvious but real time I didnt see it I guess.

Comment

Block was the right call, lucky guess by a bad official.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
        Man, what kind of D was that?? They just left Kallman alone to drive. Ouch
        Very confused by that strategy. Gave the refs no choice to either call the block or have a wide open lay up.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
          Man, what kind of D was that?? They just left Kallman alone to drive. Ouch
          That was rough.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

As I'm writing...terrible time for that call. He had the dump pass to Tommy, but tough time for any sort of whistle, maybe replay shows more obvious but real time I didnt see it I guess.
            It was a foul.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Right call IF making the call. Questionable whether you make it or not though. But, if you do, it was correct. At least it appeared.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

That was rough.
                I would expect that from the Mavs, but I figured Augie would D up better than that. Very unfortunate to end that way. Good game.

Comment

Sorry Tom, that was a poorly designed play

Comment

Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

Very confused by that strategy. Gave the refs no choice to either call the block or have a wide open lay up.
                    Appeared Schaefer got crossed up or confused on whether to help. Gotta stay with the ball there.

Comment

That was terrible defense at the end by Augie to give the Wolves the win. But that is one of the great things about the Wolves putting 5 guys on the floor that can score. I would argue that Kallman is probably option #4 for NSU at that point of the game. They put so much pressure on a defense that it is hard to stop them. Good win, GO WOLVES!!!

Comment

Also, it is great to start off the tournament with that atmosphere, but it's kind of a bummer that game had to be the first quarterfinal game. There will be several good games, but few with a crowd that NSU-Augie brings to the Pentagon. It would've been fun to see that one later in the tournament.

Comment

Anybody else feel that Parker Fox traveled after intercepting that last pass? 2.7 seconds left, he catches, takes a dribble, skips in celebration and then throws the ball high in the air before the buzzer. I thought the skip was a travel. But they never showed a replay.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                            That very last play?

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                              You have 2.7 seconds left and the other team has the most athletic player on the floor back to intercept a pass like that. I'm glad they didn't get something with a guy going toward the basket to either drive for a layup/foul or a kick out 3 to win it. Billeter has forgotten more basketball than I'll ever know, but that seemed like a pretty low percentage option.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

You have 2.7 seconds left and the other team has the most athletic player on the floor back to intercept a pass like that. I'm glad they didn't get something with a guy going toward the basket to either drive for a layup/foul or a kick out 3 to win it. Billeter has forgotten more basketball than I'll ever know, but that seemed like a pretty low percentage option.
                                Funny, Billeter literally just said on the radio that he didn't know the refs were going to put more time on the clock, so when they finally did, they already had the play set and thought it would be tough to redraw it in time.

On the flip side, that's the same play the Vikes used to upset St. Cloud in the regional 11 years ago and it worked like a charm that time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X