Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

I'm not sure how the refs came to that conclusion. I can't speak for their thinking.

Replay looks obvious to me that NSU player initiated the hook and hold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Ok let me be the NSU homer on this one. I argue their arms were incidentally hooked and Riemersma pulled Gabe across the lane and you can even see Gabe slightly lifted off the floor before Riemersma falls to the ground. My guess is that is what the refs saw and called.

I will also argue that any other player in the conference could do the same pat on the head after an awesome dunk and have it chalked up to an emotional play in an emotional game and NOT get a T.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

The one that has played 17 minutes total this season?
        The Father of Economics and unrealized potential

Comment

• You're entitled your opinion.

What I see is Riemersma with inside position, his arm is straight down the entire play, and he makes a basketball play by leaping for the rebound. The arms may have incidentally hooked but King completes the hold by moving his arm upward after they're hooked as Tyler prepares to jump.

My thing with Parker is that he is an incredible athlete but brings an unbelievable amount of attention on himself with his antics. If you're going to do that then you have to be prepared to live with the negative outcomes as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

You're entitled your opinion.

What I see is Riemersma with inside position, his arm is straight down the entire play, and he makes a basketball play by leaping for the rebound. The arms may have incidentally hooked but King completes the hold by moving his arm upward after they're hooked as Tyler prepares to jump.

My thing with Parker is that he is an incredible athlete but brings an unbelievable amount of attention on himself with his antics. If you're going to do that then you have to be prepared to live with the negative outcomes as well.

Comment

Gary Payton might have been known as The Glove, but Adam was known as the Invisible Hand for his ability to strip the ball without getting called for the foul.

Comment

This sounds like the users of this site.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                  If Parker was wearing a Vikings or Mavericks jersey the opinions of him would be exactly reversed by fans of those schools (and Wolves fans).

Comment

• Laker...you do know how to make me laugh. Back in day when I was young a motivational speaker uttered those words pointing at me, haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsufamily View Post
                      Heard Malvik saying he would never blow a game like that when he was a player.......oh wait.
                      I was thinking the only bright spot about this one is it might help us forget about that one.

Comment

• Comment

• I have no thoughts or opinion on what Fox did. Didn't see and it doesn't really matter to me.

For the foul someone posted it so I watched and gave my unbiased opinion. As I said before, in my opinion it looks like the NSU player initiates the hook and hold. NSU player has back to basket, looks like he realizes he's in a bad position for rebound, throws arm up to hook and hold and tries to fight for position from there.

Comment

• I thought one of the reasons the tournament was moved to Sioux Falls was so there could be good streaming coverage? It has been painful to watch all weekend and now the video won't play at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                              I thought one of the reasons the tournament was moved to Sioux Falls was so there could be good streaming coverage? It has been painful to watch all weekend and now the video won't play at all.
                              And here I thought it was just me. I'm getting the endless blue circle and have for a while. Hope it's fixed in time for Augie's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                                I thought one of the reasons the tournament was moved to Sioux Falls was so there could be good streaming coverage? It has been painful to watch all weekend and now the video won't play at all.
                                Hopefully the Streaming FAQ section in the middle of this page helps:

https://northernsun.org/sports/2020/..._Tourney.aspx?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X